Author Topic: No Rapper Was Able To Produce Continuity Between Albums Like Eminem!  (Read 763 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Say what you want about Eminem, and we all know that by the time Encore was released Em's skills had seen their better days, but that was exactly the purpose for the album.

-On Encore, he sets off the first track "Evil Deeds" saying that he never meant to be as big as he was, and that the show is over, and he wants out of the spotlight, he knows he can't do what he was able to do before, he has said what he's got to say, but that he's not leaving without one last encore, and he's not leaving without "passing 50 the button".

-Em is a musical genius.  Take his four albums, and all four are related to one another.  He jumps off with "My Name Is" on the Slim Shady LP, but by the time Encore comes around he has been exhausted and "Rain Man" is an expression of this (with all the usual sarcasm and irony).

-The Slim Shady LP had a theme and a track about him explaining the death of his daughter's mom, then on the Marshall Mathers LP he has a song that's a prequel to that event.

-Track 2 on the The Marshall Mathers LP and track 2 on The Eminem Show both finish with the same sarcasm and irony.

-Every album had a song like "Cum On Everybody" and it was usually track 13.

-Every album had a skit from Paul.

-Every album took you deeper and deeper into his family history and background, and he left no stone unturned.  His life has been an open book and the price for this has taken it's toll.  By the time "Mockingbird" comes along on Encore, Em is reflecting on all the fame and family hardship, and he's asking to be out of the spotlight saying "One day this will all just be a dream." 

-One of Em's most underrated songs is "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" on the Eminem Show.  He's basically saying that he wants out of the spotlight, and wants a normal life, that he never expected to be as big as he was, and that he's preparing for the time when it is all over.  He finishes this thought on the next album in "Evil Deeds" when he says everyone thinks he has it so great, and their is the big show, but he can't go home, the "curtain never closes".

-He has a constant theme from Slim Shady LP and a fascination with suicide, he speaks explicitly about it in the Slim Shady LP about wanting to kill himself, and finally on Encore he does it, but "not without leaving the game without atleast saying goodbye" and he raps up his legacy on a final climatic track with Dre and 50 Cent where he says "if they hadn't seen our faces on rolling stone pages maybe they'd be raised to be racists".

........Really, Em is a genius for this, and nobody has given him the credit he deserves for dropping four albums that run together to form one of the greatest works of art of our time.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 09:18:34 PM by Allah's slave: Abdul-Infinite »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: No Rapper Was Able To Produce Continuity Between Albums Like Eminem!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 08:51:55 PM »
I like Eminem but he is no musical genius. That's reserved for very few.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:01:58 PM »

Then name one artist for me that was able to produce such a continuity between albums, leaving at the perfect moment and creating a legacy that will serve as a time capsule for our era?

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 09:29:14 PM »

Then name one artist for me that was able to produce such a continuity between albums, leaving at the perfect moment and creating a legacy that will serve as a time capsule for our era?

Pac! He knew he was about to die and wanted to go at the peak of his carrer. Before his death he made songs to make his legacy live 4ever. To this day ppl. still say that Pac is alive, and one of the main reasons is his ability to still release albums years after his death. Pac is the biggest genuis in rap history!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 09:41:43 PM »
it feels more like eminem keeps re-releasing the same album
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 09:47:25 PM »
it feels more like eminem keeps re-releasing the same album
Yup Same Shit

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 10:04:39 PM »
encore was  :puke:

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 10:54:30 PM »
i agree that he's a musical genius but i have to say that in a lot of your points you're reaching really reaching for something.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 10:57:25 PM »
Eminem lost.

The Watcher

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 11:00:47 PM »
actually, Pac lost
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 11:50:16 PM »
Say what you want about Eminem, and we all know that by the time Encore was released Em's skills had seen their better days, but that was exactly the purpose for the album.

-On Encore, he sets off the first track "Evil Deeds" saying that he never meant to be as big as he was, and that the show is over, and he wants out of the spotlight, he knows he can't do what he was able to do before, he has said what he's got to say, but that he's not leaving without one last encore, and he's not leaving without "passing 50 the button".

-Em is a musical genius.  Take his four albums, and all four are related to one another.  He jumps off with "My Name Is" on the Slim Shady LP, but by the time Encore comes around he has been exhausted and "Rain Man" is an expression of this (with all the usual sarcasm and irony).

-The Slim Shady LP had a theme and a track about him explaining the death of his daughter's mom, then on the Marshall Mathers LP he has a song that's a prequel to that event.

-Track 2 on the The Marshall Mathers LP and track 2 on The Eminem Show both finish with the same sarcasm and irony.

-Every album had a song like "Cum On Everybody" and it was usually track 13.

-Every album had a skit from Paul.

-Every album took you deeper and deeper into his family history and background, and he left no stone unturned.  His life has been an open book and the price for this has taken it's toll.  By the time "Mockingbird" comes along on Encore, Em is reflecting on all the fame and family hardship, and he's asking to be out of the spotlight saying "One day this will all just be a dream." 

-One of Em's most underrated songs is "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" on the Eminem Show.  He's basically saying that he wants out of the spotlight, and wants a normal life, that he never expected to be as big as he was, and that he's preparing for the time when it is all over.  He finishes this thought on the next album in "Evil Deeds" when he says everyone thinks he has it so great, and their is the big show, but he can't go home, the "curtain never closes".

-He has a constant theme from Slim Shady LP and a fascination with suicide, he speaks explicitly about it in the Slim Shady LP about wanting to kill himself, and finally on Encore he does it, but "not without leaving the game without atleast saying goodbye" and he raps up his legacy on a final climatic track with Dre and 50 Cent where he says "if they hadn't seen our faces on rolling stone pages maybe they'd be raised to be racists".

........Really, Em is a genius for this, and nobody has given him the credit he deserves for dropping four albums that run together to form one of the greatest works of art of our time.

props....good read...

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 11:53:55 PM »
Pac > Eminem

exponentially.

Me Against the World, AEOM, and Makaveli are a FAAAAAAAAAAAAR better trio of albums then the SSLP, MMLP, and TES. Really, its not even close.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 12:02:13 AM »
-One of Em's most underrated songs is "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" on the Eminem Show.  He's basically saying that he wants out of the spotlight, and wants a normal life, that he never expected to be as big as he was, and that he's preparing for the time when it is all over. 

i will co-sign you on this. i love that song
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 01:01:45 AM »
2pac was a genious, em has some good stuff but is too much of a goof and his last album was straight trash, he fell the fuck off.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 01:14:36 AM »
I also believe his whackness is mental, if it wasnt for his attitude he could be dope again. He's like a ex world champion boxer who got fat and slow.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin