Author Topic: No Rapper Was Able To Produce Continuity Between Albums Like Eminem!  (Read 777 times)

The Watcher

Re: No Rapper Was Able To Produce Continuity Between Albums Like Eminem!
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2005, 01:38:43 AM »
he's given his reasons for encore bein like it was

- interscope wanted a 'poppy single', so he gave them a whole album so he can do the next album how he wants to
- he doesnt want the spotlight, hoping it might make people forget about him
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005, 02:01:57 AM »
Say what you want about Eminem, and we all know that by the time Encore was released Em's skills had seen their better days, but that was exactly the purpose for the album.

-On Encore, he sets off the first track "Evil Deeds" saying that he never meant to be as big as he was, and that the show is over, and he wants out of the spotlight, he knows he can't do what he was able to do before, he has said what he's got to say, but that he's not leaving without one last encore, and he's not leaving without "passing 50 the button".

-Em is a musical genius.  Take his four albums, and all four are related to one another.  He jumps off with "My Name Is" on the Slim Shady LP, but by the time Encore comes around he has been exhausted and "Rain Man" is an expression of this (with all the usual sarcasm and irony).

-The Slim Shady LP had a theme and a track about him explaining the death of his daughter's mom, then on the Marshall Mathers LP he has a song that's a prequel to that event.

-Track 2 on the The Marshall Mathers LP and track 2 on The Eminem Show both finish with the same sarcasm and irony.

-Every album had a song like "Cum On Everybody" and it was usually track 13.

-Every album had a skit from Paul.

-Every album took you deeper and deeper into his family history and background, and he left no stone unturned.  His life has been an open book and the price for this has taken it's toll.  By the time "Mockingbird" comes along on Encore, Em is reflecting on all the fame and family hardship, and he's asking to be out of the spotlight saying "One day this will all just be a dream." 

-One of Em's most underrated songs is "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" on the Eminem Show.  He's basically saying that he wants out of the spotlight, and wants a normal life, that he never expected to be as big as he was, and that he's preparing for the time when it is all over.  He finishes this thought on the next album in "Evil Deeds" when he says everyone thinks he has it so great, and their is the big show, but he can't go home, the "curtain never closes".

-He has a constant theme from Slim Shady LP and a fascination with suicide, he speaks explicitly about it in the Slim Shady LP about wanting to kill himself, and finally on Encore he does it, but "not without leaving the game without atleast saying goodbye" and he raps up his legacy on a final climatic track with Dre and 50 Cent where he says "if they hadn't seen our faces on rolling stone pages maybe they'd be raised to be racists".

........Really, Em is a genius for this, and nobody has given him the credit he deserves for dropping four albums that run together to form one of the greatest works of art of our time.

Nigga! get off that White( KLANS MAN)dick.....talk about some real shit.like how he just fucked over a legends(2-PAC) music.was that shit so "GENIUS"...close this shit....and stop supporting a racist. :grumpy:
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005, 02:04:41 AM »
Pac > Eminem

exponentially.

Me Against the World, AEOM, and Makaveli are a FAAAAAAAAAAAAR better trio of albums then the SSLP, MMLP, and TES. Really, its not even close.
Real talk. 8)
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005, 03:15:05 AM »
This was not supposed to be a thread for an Eminem vs. Pac argument.  Ya'll got it twisted, where did I say that Eminem was greater than Pac?  All I said was that Eminem's 4 albums put together have greater continuity than any other artists albums, meaning every album leads into the next and he paints a picture of himself and his carear and he is leaving a legacy.  This doesn't mean his legacy is larger than Pac's, but I do think that he had greater continuity between albums than Pac or any other rapper did.   

No doubt Pac is the GOAT. This discussion has nothing to do with 2pac or Pac vs. Eminem.  Pac is the greatest, and nobody is close to where Pac is.  I'd rather have 2pac's posthumous releases than Eminem's 4 albums.  Pac was a revolutionary, Em is just a rapper.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 03:18:38 AM by Allah's slave: Abdul-Infinite »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005, 03:18:10 AM »
Say what you want about Eminem, and we all know that by the time Encore was released Em's skills had seen their better days, but that was exactly the purpose for the album.

-On Encore, he sets off the first track "Evil Deeds" saying that he never meant to be as big as he was, and that the show is over, and he wants out of the spotlight, he knows he can't do what he was able to do before, he has said what he's got to say, but that he's not leaving without one last encore, and he's not leaving without "passing 50 the button".

-Em is a musical genius.  Take his four albums, and all four are related to one another.  He jumps off with "My Name Is" on the Slim Shady LP, but by the time Encore comes around he has been exhausted and "Rain Man" is an expression of this (with all the usual sarcasm and irony).

-The Slim Shady LP had a theme and a track about him explaining the death of his daughter's mom, then on the Marshall Mathers LP he has a song that's a prequel to that event.

-Track 2 on the The Marshall Mathers LP and track 2 on The Eminem Show both finish with the same sarcasm and irony.

-Every album had a song like "Cum On Everybody" and it was usually track 13.

-Every album had a skit from Paul.

-Every album took you deeper and deeper into his family history and background, and he left no stone unturned.  His life has been an open book and the price for this has taken it's toll.  By the time "Mockingbird" comes along on Encore, Em is reflecting on all the fame and family hardship, and he's asking to be out of the spotlight saying "One day this will all just be a dream." 

-One of Em's most underrated songs is "Say Goodbye To Hollywood" on the Eminem Show.  He's basically saying that he wants out of the spotlight, and wants a normal life, that he never expected to be as big as he was, and that he's preparing for the time when it is all over.  He finishes this thought on the next album in "Evil Deeds" when he says everyone thinks he has it so great, and their is the big show, but he can't go home, the "curtain never closes".

-He has a constant theme from Slim Shady LP and a fascination with suicide, he speaks explicitly about it in the Slim Shady LP about wanting to kill himself, and finally on Encore he does it, but "not without leaving the game without atleast saying goodbye" and he raps up his legacy on a final climatic track with Dre and 50 Cent where he says "if they hadn't seen our faces on rolling stone pages maybe they'd be raised to be racists".

........Really, Em is a genius for this, and nobody has given him the credit he deserves for dropping four albums that run together to form one of the greatest works of art of our time.

eminem is wack

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2005, 03:32:44 AM »
Then name one artist for me that was able to produce such a continuity between albums, leaving at the perfect moment and creating a legacy that will serve as a time capsule for our era?
Jimi Hendrix, although he didn´t wanna leave. He was a bit more of a "musical genius" than Eminem, but 1. his albums were better, 2. his legacy will always be bigger and 3. the "time capsule" is probably much more important and impressive

This was not supposed to be a thread for an Eminem vs. Pac argument.
You can´t mention an artist and words like "greatness" or any kind of superlative in the same thread without Pac fans starting one of their compulsive comparisons. This is dubcc buddy

I like Eminem but he is no musical genius. That's reserved for very few.
I´d say there´s a whole bunch of musical geniuses, but Eminem one of them, my dick. Maybe a linguistic genius, but musically....

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2005, 03:38:04 AM »
but that he's not leaving without one last encore, and he's not leaving without "passing 50 the button".

BATON you clown

as for continuity.. its bullshit.. every album got worse...

his creativity has been stifled by interscope demanding "poppy" singles that he hates making.. until he's free of their machine.. then he can make what he likes without fear of it being left off his albums. they MAKE HIM follow the pattern of his old albums as they fear his sales will diminish if he deviates from the subject matter of the previous albums

his "continuity" aka sameyness is a side effect of the stifling nature of the music industry NOT em's creativity...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2005, 04:55:03 AM »

- interscope wanted a 'poppy single', so he gave them a whole album so he can do the next album how he wants to

Id believe this if his mixtape appearances, guest appearances, live performances had been straight fire recently. But they havent. They were all FAR from as great as in pre-2003.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2005, 05:05:09 AM »
I'd like someone to explain what makes Eminem a music genius. What revolutionary new technique has he brought upon the music world? How has he changed music as a whole?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

The Watcher

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2005, 05:19:09 AM »

Id believe this if his mixtape appearances, guest appearances, live performances had been straight fire recently. But they havent. They were all FAR from as great as in pre-2003.

what mixtape appearnce has he done that has a verse like the real slim shady, my name is, without me, puke, just lose it etc.. ? even mellowman said that he was frustrated with interscope and them wanting his poppy singles
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2005, 05:23:29 AM »
naw not that poppy but still on a whole lower level. you can't even compare tracks like the sauce or nail in the coffin to more recent mixtape tracks like that shade 45 bullshit when he starts going on like a mexican 'chinga ta madre' etc.. or guest appearances, look at his AMAZING verses on hellbound or renegade, then look at this bullshit verse off that busta rhymes track. and when I look at the live performance of stan with elton john, it's just awesome, then when I look at his recent live performances, he totally lost the passion.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2005, 06:20:54 AM »
eminem used the same criteria in all albums
to me his albums kept getting better till eminem show and encore was a step down
eminem show is his best work, production and lyrics wise
em is def a legend, hope he takes a break to put out obie and stat and come out in summer 2007 or some shit where he has some new shit to say cause if he dropped another album with the same criteria it will get too repetitive
and if u notice since eminem show dropped em been trying to show his serious side alot, maybe his 5th Lp will be a serious dark one
u can even tell from his production style that he goin dark ( no racism)

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2005, 06:31:50 AM »
but that he's not leaving without one last encore, and he's not leaving without "passing 50 the button".

BATON you clown
lmfao ahahah

anywho, about eminem

- he is not a musical genious
- he is a very good and orginial rapper
- he sometimes doesnt get the credit he deserves do to his contiuos bullshit
- he has a lot of good shit and a lot of crap music
- encore is garbage

JigsawCorleone

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2005, 09:42:38 AM »
"Encore" is just a remix of "The Eminem Show".  it's not a continuilty or whateva u say, all of the songs he's  dropped is between tha same story.  "My Name Is"/"The Real Slim Shady", "Without Me"/"Just Lose It".  it's all tha same, it just happend that "Encore" just displays more of a remix than any of his previous records.

ps:  If "the show" is good, everybody wants an "encore"

Larrabee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2005, 10:55:55 AM »
2002 was the year Eminem was at his VERY best, imo. "Eminem Show" was a very solid album with several classics, his collabos were fire ( "My Name" ) and his work off the 8 Mile Soundtrack speaks for itself. "Patiently Waiting" was recorded in 2002 as well. After 50 came into the picture, Em stopped trying in a way. "Encore" was a decent album, but it was a huge disappointment. After 2002, he's only dropped a handful of dope tracks\verses.