Author Topic: DJ Quik - The Circa Unreleased - 1988  (Read 1530 times)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
DJ Quik - The Circa Unreleased - 1988
« on: September 12, 2005, 09:56:23 PM »
Found this on ebay...I'm guessing this one is just a burnt cd but figured I'd post it up here to see if anyone has any further information on this?:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DJ-Quik-The-Original-Circa-Unreleased-RARE-1988_W0QQitemZ4767784022QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tha_Reverend

Re: DJ Quik - The Circa Unreleased - 1988
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 11:35:27 PM »
intersting indeed.  can anybody who knows what the fuck is goin on (woodrow jay or dubcnn) shed any light on this?

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 12:27:26 AM »
this is a muthafucka who's selling bootlegs on ebay...don't buy that shit and report it to ebay.
pick up trauma today!!!

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 12:38:41 AM »
this is a muthafucka who's selling bootlegs on ebay...don't buy that shit and report it to ebay.
pick up trauma today!!!

Please believe I will be picking up Trauma today...but just wanted to make sure this was some bootleg shit....

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 12:48:27 AM »
i guess its the red tapes burned on a cd

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 01:01:21 AM »
the ''red tape'' was on tape not on cd...  ;)

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 01:03:58 AM »

Yeah but in the action he clearly states that these tracks were originally on a tape and they were transfered to a cd so not to expect regular cd quality out of them....so that's why I'm wondering if he has the real tapes and is maybe just transfering them to cd to sell.

We Fly High

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 01:09:39 AM »
that sellers a bitch, he got a major attitude problem. he thinks he really is his ebay id, tonysopranoboss.

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 01:11:51 AM »

Yeah but in the action he clearly states that these tracks were originally on a tape and they were transfered to a cd so not to expect regular cd quality out of them....so that's why I'm wondering if he has the real tapes and is maybe just transfering them to cd to sell.

I don't know.. I have some tracks off ''the red tape'' they are also tranfered from analog to digital.
we need to get in touch with KK who owns the best copies of the mixtape.
but this bootleg is 13 tracks. I thought it was 15 or 16 tracks... 52 minutes running time.

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 01:19:23 AM »

I don't know.. I have some tracks off ''the red tape'' they are also tranfered from analog to digital.
but this bootleg is 13 tracks. I thought it was 15 or 16 tracks... 52 minutes running time.

I have no idea of any of the specifics on this....I'm thinkin someone just needs to pose as Quik's management and e-mail this guy...tell him that unless he "surrenders" that cd legal action will be taken ;) Ofcourse he'll just burn more, but then atleast one of us will have the cd so we know the real deal :)

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 01:22:22 AM »

I have no idea of any of the specifics on this....I'm thinkin someone just needs to pose as Quik's management and e-mail this guy...tell him that unless he "surrenders" that cd legal action will be taken ;) Ofcourse he'll just burn more, but then atleast one of us will have the cd so we know the real deal :)

my lil brother will get it... I will post this up for free... fuck the dude who's selling it on ebay

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 01:36:14 AM »
MUAHA WHAT A FAKE CD YALL GOTTA NOT BID FOR THIS FOR REAL RARE OR NOT ID RATHER GET THE TAPE THAN THIS SHIT.PLUS KK WILL(PROBABLY) SELL THE TAPES SOON SO....
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 01:40:45 AM »
MUAHA WHAT A FAKE CD YALL GOTTA NOT BID FOR THIS FOR REAL RARE OR NOT ID RATHER GET THE TAPE THAN THIS SHIT.PLUS KK WILL(PROBABLY) SELL THE TAPES SOON SO....

Why do you think KK is gonna sell the tapes soon? Have you heard anything specific mentioned?

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 01:50:49 AM »

Have you heard anything specific mentioned?
YEAH
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 01:56:40 AM »

Have you heard anything specific mentioned?
YEAH

Any specifics that you can give? I got a nice dollar or two I'd spend on that.....