Author Topic: Who else hates reality-TV?  (Read 164 times)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
Who else hates reality-TV?
« on: September 13, 2005, 07:21:59 AM »
Man, I just can't stand that bullshit! It's on every single channel. It all started with Big Brother...all of a sudden people started getting interested in other people's personal lives, what the fuck is this shit? I can't even flip the channels nowadays without seeing one reality soap (and I don't watch TV all that much). I lost count of how many soaps there are here in Belgium:

Temptation Island
Baby Boom
Terra Incognita
Expeditie Robinson
etc...
etc...

The fucked up thing is: those soaps get prime time play (around 8-9 PM) while the good programs get played at like 10 or 11 PM...grrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Bomb-A®

Re: Who else hates reality-TV?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 07:23:31 AM »
hell ya.....id rather watch summ like house or csi

peace

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 07:25:32 AM »
i dont have any of those, but i like some reality tv, its entertaining

UAK

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 07:32:32 AM »
The only reality tv I want to see is on the Discovery channel like Emergency Room.

Oprah_Winfrey

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 07:33:08 AM »
Live Your Best Life.
Watch The Oprah Winfrey Show.

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 08:15:39 AM »
lol in netherlands there's another idols comin...

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 08:19:44 AM »
that shit is so fuckin stupid it´s kinda entertaining, but I don´t really watch it anyways

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 08:22:25 AM »
I only watch scrubs and sometimes oc
the reality era gives me the creeps
a decade ago back in the good ol' x-files dates tv was much better
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 08:39:30 AM »
some reality tv i like

Diabolical

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 09:31:58 AM »
I sometimes watch big brother because you cant escape it.

In Britan everything seems to be about Celebrities.
We've had Celebrity Love Island, Celebrity Poker Challenge, Celebrity Big Brother, Celebrity Shark Bait(seriously) and Britans Worst Celebrity Driver.

This all comes from the same country that gave the world Monty Python.

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2005, 09:51:02 AM »
I Like most of the reality TV, but i hate those fuckin make over shows with all the plastic surgery and shit. Bunch of fucking idiots.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 10:01:04 AM »
In Britan everything seems to be about Celebrities.
We've had Celebrity Love Island, Celebrity Poker Challenge, Celebrity Big Brother, Celebrity Shark Bait(seriously) and Britans Worst Celebrity Driver.

This all comes from the same country that gave the world Monty Python.

^^^^Ha...yeah, bring back John Cleese :)

I don't see what's so entertaining about it...I mean, sure, you get to see people do stupid things & act like idiots, that's entertaining. But to watch that shit every single day...come on now. In Belgium we even got reality soaps about "famous" cyclists & their families...VEEEERRRY entertaining ::) You can watch them cook a meal, take their kids to school, etc, etc...what's entertaining about that? Some people have just forgotten what good television is I think.

CSI, Friends, 24, The Wire: that's the type of TV shows I appreicate. But oh well, to each his own I guess... ::) Thankfully I can buy DVD box-sets of my favorite shows and watch that whenever I feel like it 8)

We Fly High

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 10:30:25 AM »
^^ what do you think of the wire crafty, have u finished season 1 yet.

yeah i hate reality shows too. but have you guys heard about Joe Schmoe, that has to be one of the funniest shows of all time. like the main character thinks hes competing in a reality show for like 100,000$, but then all the other competitiers are actually actors and know its not a real show, so they just totally fuck around with the main character, they make him do the stupidest shit. shits fucking hilarious.

J Bananas

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2005, 10:56:28 AM »
COPS BABY! The original reality show, still one of the best to date.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2005, 11:10:41 AM »
^^ what do you think of the wire crafty, have u finished season 1 yet.

Yup, in fact I'm watching it for the 2nd time now 8) There's nothing really spectacular about The Wire, but the fact that it reflects reality so much is what makes it interesting. And of course, you get to see both the law enforcement's take on drugs, and the one from the projects as well. I don't think that has been done before...

Oh btw, remember when I told you that I received a bootleg version of The Wire? Guess what...3 weeks after that, they announced on a Belgian DVD website that The Wire 1st season is coming out this fall here in Belgium. Lol...I was pissed off for real! The Wire has been out for how long now? 2 years or something? So I come to the conclusion that they'll probably never release it here in Belgium, buy a bootleg version off the Net, and then find out it WILL come out...such things always happen to me, lol, my brother was like "I told you to wait!" haha...

I can't wait to watch Season 2...I think I'm gonna order it from some UK website since that's Region 2 as well. I don't wanna wait for another year to watch the second season.
I saw on HBO's website that the filming for the 4th season is gonna start this month and the first episode of that should be seen in January. That's great news for you US people :)

Thanks for convincing me to buy it Justin! 8)