Author Topic: UK Petrol protest/Blockage news update.. // Panic buying empties stations!  (Read 173 times)

Don Seer

Am getting reports on the car enthusiast forum i'm a member on that stations across the country are running out of fuel. Some people already can't get fuel where they live.

Still ok at the moment where I am. I filled my car up last thursday which I can last a few weeks on.. by which time i hope this'll be over.

The protests and blockades at refineries, a blockade at Dover... plus a go slow on the M4 aren't even supposed to start until tomorrow! Panic buying has crippled things already.. insane!

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
Re: UK Petrol protest/Blockage news update.. // Panic buying empties stations!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:35:07 AM »
Fucking cunts the lot. This is going to cost me a fucking packet. Just have to stay in the local all day because I won't be able to get anywhere.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

UAK

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 08:56:55 AM »
Store some barrels in your garage ?

Haha my Toyota Prius is looking good about now  ;D 42 miles per hour on electricity from brake friction alone.

http://john1701a.com/prius/prius-how.htm

« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 09:07:24 AM by K A I N »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 06:28:31 AM »
filled mine up today no probs although one station had no unleaded, it was just panic buying that caused shortages they didn't block any refineries just picketing

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Woodrow

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 07:12:45 AM »

Haha my Toyota Prius is looking good about now  ;D 42 miles per hour on electricity from brake friction alone.

You do realize that in the long run, you're going to be paying more for the upkeep of the car's batteries than I will driving a non hybrid right?

Have fun bumping dipset in your money pit moron!

TNB

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 10:30:11 AM »
A lot of stations around here have been running out of Diesel, plus the queues at the petrol stations have been pretty big which has lead to some stations putting a limit of around £10-£20 of petrol per customer.

UAK

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 10:52:01 AM »

You do realize that in the long run, you're going to be paying more for the upkeep of the car's batteries than I will driving a non hybrid right?

Have fun bumping dipset in your money pit moron!

I know you love me  :-*

How long does the Prius battery last and what is the replacement cost?

The Prius battery (and the battery-power management system) has been designed to maximize battery life. In part this is done by keeping the battery at an optimum charge level - never fully draining it and never fully recharging it. As a result, the Prius battery leads a pretty easy life. We have lab data showing the equivalent of 180,000 miles with no deterioration and expect it to last the life of the vehicle. We also expect battery technology to continue to improve: the second-generation model battery is 15% smaller, 25% lighter, and has 35% more specific power than the first. This is true of price as well. Between the 2003 and 2004 models, service battery costs came down 36% and we expect them to continue to drop so that by the time replacements may be needed it won't be a much of an issue.  Since the car went on sale in 2000, Toyota has not replaced a single battery for wear and tear.

http://pressroom.toyota.com/photo_library/display_release.html?id=20040623

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 02:35:12 AM »
It ain't all bad i was chatting to my rhodesian friend from zimbabwae the otherday and she said they get crazy shortages and when they find out theres a delivery they sometimes have to wait through the night queueing to get it.

on a side note thats totally irrelivant she has some huge jugs shes a natural 32 FF and shes only 5ft2", I can't help but play around with them whenever i see her.

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2005, 04:57:47 AM »
^Yeah but if she's from Zimbabwe isn't she black?
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 05:40:53 AM »
no she is white thats why i said rhodesian because zimbabwae was called rhodesia until the early 80s when mugabe took power.

Fucked up thing is shes gonna get kicked out of the country in march when her visa expires, she has british roots  because it was a british colony. but because it goes back 4 generations it doesn't count in the eyes of the law. we seem to let in any old person in from asia and africa but we can't allow brits home from zimbabwae of all places.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 08:00:42 AM by Don Rizzle »

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 07:59:03 AM »
update they may start blocking refineries

A convoy of fuel price protesters' vehicles is continuing its crawl along the M4 in south Wales as a price war breaks out among petrol retailers.
The 60-strong convoy, mainly lorries and farm vehicles, turned round at Newport and now plans a go slow on the westbound carriageway during rush hour.

Organisers will decide whether to start blockading Pembroke Dock oil refinery.

Retailers Asda, Tesco and Esso have cut fuel prices by up to 4p a litre, with BP likely to follow.

The convoy is heading back to Cross Hands in Carmarthenshire, where it is understood organisers plan to take a show of hands to decide whether to start blockading oil refineries on Friday evening.

Police say the number of vehicles involved is changing all the time as people join and leave the protest at various points along the motorway.

on a side note most retailers have announced price cuts

Woodrow

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2005, 10:33:37 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/09/23/hybrid_alternatives/index.html

Congrats! You COULD save a small amount of money, but you still have to look like a complete moron driving that bitch bucket.

UAK

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2005, 10:50:18 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/09/23/hybrid_alternatives/index.html

Congrats! You COULD save a small amount of money, but you still have to look like a complete moron driving that bitch bucket.

They really didn't give a reason why it's hype...lol.

Bitch bucket gets bitches  :D