Author Topic: How many people feel canibus here?  (Read 447 times)

Bill O Reilly

Re: How many people feel canibus here?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 10:10:24 AM »
If he was able to fit his rhymes over a track on beat more in sync his stuff would last longer in people's heads. He needs to get a better producer who will make some tight beats and tell him when he sucks.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 02:40:42 PM »
Rip tha jacker is a classic imo.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 05:20:21 PM »
I haven't heard his albums so I can't judge him based on that, for all I know they could be great.

From what I've heard of him, he has some clever lines but he goes overboard with his "I'm going to do this to you" type stuff. Also his voice is absolutely dreadful to listen to for more than a few seconds.

The most recent track I've heard from him was on the wake up show album on a song with Royce and Chino XL and the verse was terrible. His voice sounded worse than ever, he was on some "I'm going to do this to you" type stuff and he was trying to sound like a tough guy. I can't imagine a full album of that, that's why I never checked out his albums.

I think he could be really good if someone where to set him straight and let him know when he goes overboard.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 05:11:04 AM »
somebody put up that" 2nd round knock out"...thanx. 8)
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Okka

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 05:13:53 AM »
"2nd Round Knocc Out" is fuckin dope, Canibus has some other dope tracks and lyrics too but i have never bumped his muzik that much...

ishida

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 05:59:46 AM »
his rhymes might be impressive, but i honestly can't stand his voice.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 08:55:31 AM »
yeah his rhymes are sick

but hes got song writing issues...........  dude is a great freestyler though

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 11:25:49 AM »
If you would have asked me this question 5 years ago I would have said I put him in my top 5 favorite rappers of all time. 

-Alot of people hated on his first album but I thought it was a great record.  "2nd Round Knockout" may be the greatest diss track of all time.  He also came with alot of ill concepts and the storytelling on "I Honor You" was superb as he rapped from the perspective of a sperm drop, a few years before Nas did "Fetus".  "I Honor You" had a video for it around the time of the albums released and that video should have blown up, and that would have driven his album to platinum.  "Buckingham Palace" is classic lyricism, Bis spits...

"Whenever the head is severed from the body/
With a sharp enough weapon/
The brain remains conscious for (12?) seconds/
Long enough for me to give you one last message/
And when you get to hell you can tell Lucifer I sent it"

^^^that's great lyricism.

-2,000 B.C. was another underappreciated album that had top-notch guest appearances from Rass Kass, Kurupt, and Rakim, and "Doomsday News" and "100 Bars" show why Canibus is one of the greatest emcee's ever to bless the mic.

........after that Canibus totally fell off when he started doing some "Stan" thing and joined the army or something like that, he lost all credibility with me and now I'm not checking for anything with his name on it.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 01:41:12 PM »
canibus' career is either filled with highs or complete disappointments. he's the type of rapper/musician who will have a cult following 20 years after he puts the mic down. i personally am a pretty big fan, i thought his first two albums are awesome, RTJ was real dope, and MicClub was above average. i haven't picked up any of his other shit based on the fact i download his shit first to make sure it's on point because when it isn't he can put out some of the worst shit ever (C True Hollywood Story, Mind Control) both come to mind, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

wcsoldier

« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 02:18:52 PM »
his rhymes might be impressive, but i honestly can't stand his voice.