Author Topic: Bush takes responsibility for Katrina failure  (Read 306 times)

BowDown

Bush takes responsibility for Katrina failure
« on: September 13, 2005, 07:43:50 PM »
Gotta give credit where its due... I respect the fact that he took the blame even though it wasn't entirely his fault.... now if he could do the same for his fuck-ups in Iraq

UAK

Re: Bush takes responsibility for Katrina failure
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 07:55:59 PM »
Gotta give credit where its due... I respect the fact that he took the blame even though it wasn't entirely his fault.... now if he could do the same for his fuck-ups in Iraq

How hard is it to drop water/crackers from an airplane, they had fun doing it in Afghanistan.

BowDown

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 07:58:44 PM »

How hard is it to drop water/crackers from an airplane, they had fun doing it in Afghanistan.

LOL... nah but the fact that he wanted to stop all these people from pointing fingers and playing the blame game... and grew some balls to say "I fucked up"...  it ain't much since it won't change the situation but you gotta respect the fact that he finally grew some balls to step up and admit that he's a fuck-up

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 08:18:22 PM »
It's still a shame that FEMA didnt execute their 103pg report on what to do incase a HUrricane of Level 3 or higher would hit New Orleans

BowDown

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 08:20:20 PM »
It's still a shame that FEMA didnt execute their 103pg report on what to do incase a HUrricane of Level 3 or higher would hit New Orleans

Or better yet...

In 2001, FEMA ranked a major hurricane strike on New Orleans as “among the three likeliest, most castastrophic disasters facing this country.” Bush slashed hurricane funding anyway.

President Bush said early in the week, “I want to thank all the folks at the federal level and the state level and the local level who have taken this storm seriously.”

Well, if he wanted to take this all seriously he wouldn't have cut their funding... slash funds that would help New Orleans prepare for a major hurricane.

From the 6/6/05 New Orleans CityBusiness:

In fiscal year 2006, the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is bracing for a record $71.2 million reduction in federal funding…The cuts mean major hurricane and flood protection projects will not be awarded to local engineering firms. Also, a study to determine ways to protect the region from a Category 5 hurricane has been shelved for now.

Landrieu said the Bush administration is not making Corps of Engineers funding a priority. “I think it’s extremely shortsighted,” Landrieu said. “When the Corps of Engineers’ budget is cut, Louisiana bleeds. These projects are literally life-and-death projects to the people of south Louisiana.”

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 08:24:09 PM »
I'm really surprised that Bush took the blame for what happened.  From all the stuff that has happened while he's been in office, i cannot recall a time that he took responsibility.

UAK

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 06:58:31 AM »
So are we gonna charge Bush with negligent homicide (100+ deaths) like the nursing home case --> http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9337631/

:D

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 09:19:47 AM »
I'm really surprised that Bush took the blame for what happened.  From all the stuff that has happened while he's been in office, i cannot recall a time that he took responsibility.

politics...

J Bananas

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 06:57:08 PM »
So is he gonna quit or what

Sikotic™

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 07:46:32 PM »
I can respect that. Now admit your other mistakes and maybe we can get a lil more respect around here.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 12:27:57 PM »
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 12:28:55 AM »

LOL... nah but the fact that he wanted to stop all these people from pointing fingers and playing the blame game... and grew some balls to say "I fucked up"...  it ain't much since it won't change the situation but you gotta respect the fact that he finally grew some balls to step up and admit that he's a fuck-up
Regardless if he admitted his fault, it still won't cut. He's just a sad president looking for approval.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]