Author Topic: Greatest MC of All Time?  (Read 1661 times)

$do11a biLL$

Re: Greatest MC of All Time?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2005, 04:14:06 PM »
My top ten in order:
1. 2Pac
2. Eminem
3. Nas
4. Notorious B.I.G.
5. Krs-One
6. Jay-Z
7. Big L
8. Big Pun
9. LL Cool J
10. Scarface

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2005, 05:26:05 PM »
2pac

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2005, 05:57:36 PM »
Rakim, Ras Kass, and 92-95, 99 kurupt. I guessing when u guys say skills you guys are talking about battle capabilites, multi's, wordplay, and punchlines. Xzibit and several underground west coast mcs I believe can go here as well. I would like to say kool g rap, but I never heard any of his music.

Ras Kass
Fuck no

overall my standard reply is Nas, but how many times have we had this thread anyways....
^ How can u deny his lyrical abilities. He is easily one of the greatest mc's ever just based on his skills. You may disagree, but fuck no. ::) 

i do disagree, but whatever. I had the Ras Kass discussion several times already and I will never consider "my secular metaphysical theology is fatal" a genius line just because he used three big words and sacrificed any kind of flow, neither do I think copying pseudo-knowledge from a paranoid, racist book full of no-back-up assumptions and making a paranoid, racist song without flow and mostly without rhymes out of it an impressive manifestation of "lyrical abilities"...that´s my opinion on it, I´m not hating or anything

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005, 06:10:35 PM »
Rakim, Ras Kass, and 92-95, 99 kurupt. I guessing when u guys say skills you guys are talking about battle capabilites, multi's, wordplay, and punchlines. Xzibit and several underground west coast mcs I believe can go here as well. I would like to say kool g rap, but I never heard any of his music.

Ras Kass
Fuck no

overall my standard reply is Nas, but how many times have we had this thread anyways....
^ How can u deny his lyrical abilities. He is easily one of the greatest mc's ever just based on his skills. You may disagree, but fuck no. ::) 

i do disagree, but whatever. I had the Ras Kass discussion several times already and I will never consider "my secular metaphysical theology is fatal" a genius line just because he used three big words and sacrificed any kind of flow, neither do I think copying pseudo-knowledge from a paranoid, racist book full of no-back-up assumptions and making a paranoid, racist song without flow and mostly without rhymes out of it an impressive manifestation of "lyrical abilities"...that´s my opinion on it, I´m not hating or anything

LOL.. you're an idiot man.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005, 06:12:19 PM »

Ras Kass
Fuck no

Just because he did Nature of The Threat and it being racist still doesn't diminish his skills on the mic. And just cause he believes in something  through a book does not necesarilly mean he copied. So whenever a rapper makes a refrence to the bible or even a book it mean he "copied". You don't like The Nature Of The Threat and think it's racist, get over it.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2005, 06:14:08 PM »

Ras Kass
Fuck no

Just because he did Nature of The Threat and it being racist still doesn't diminish his skills on the mic. And just cause he believes in something  through a book does not necesarally mean he copied. So whenever a rapper makes a refrence to the bible or even a book it mean he "copied". You don't like The Nature Of The Threat and think it's racist, get over it.

get over me not liking Ras Kass then...it´s not "references", it´s a synopsis of a book, more or less...and if he rapped like Rakim apart from "NOTT" I wouldn´t say it diminishes his skills...

Bill O Reilly

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2005, 06:19:52 PM »
Biggie, Eminem, Redman, Ras Kass, and if Papoose releases an album not just talking about guns and crack, he will be up there as well.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2005, 06:22:30 PM »

Ras Kass
Fuck no

Just because he did Nature of The Threat and it being racist still doesn't diminish his skills on the mic. And just cause he believes in something  through a book does not necesarally mean he copied. So whenever a rapper makes a refrence to the bible or even a book it mean he "copied". You don't like The Nature Of The Threat and think it's racist, get over it.

get over me not liking Ras Kass then...it´s not "references", it´s a synopsis of a book, more or less...and if he rapped like Rakim apart from "NOTT" I wouldn´t say it diminishes his skills...

Don't really care that you don't like Ras Kass but you are hating on him.
I had the Ras Kass discussion several times already and I will never consider "my secular metaphysical theology is fatal" a genius line just because he used three big words and sacrificed any kind of flow

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2005, 08:28:24 PM »

Ras Kass
Fuck no

It's your opinion and while there are some inaccuries in the song, you make it sound like the whole song is inaccurate when they were alot truths  in it. Second if u read the verses to the nature of the threat, you would that song is very LYRICAL with rhymes, multis, and wordplay. The fact he did this with an EXTREMELY difficult subject has to be ADMIRE. The song is not perfect, but it is far from what u said about it.  Third you are overexxagerating on ALOT of things about ras kass which I believe stems from your disagreement with the song nature of the threat. Whatever though, I am not attacking and I just wanted to throw in my two cents. I am done with this subject matter.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2005, 08:31:14 PM »
You don't have to like his music, you don't have to agree with what he says, and you can argue that Ras Kass may not be the greatest rapper in any sense of the word... but to say that he doesn't have lyrical skill is just hating and not giving credit where it's due.
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Diabolical

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 08:35:02 PM »
Why do people still insist that Pac is a good MC?

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 08:35:31 PM »
Id say Nas, if were just talking about skill.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »
Because he was ::)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2005, 08:55:59 PM »

Pac was an excellent MC. Not the best MC ever, but he excelled in most aspects of what makes a great MC.

Lyrical technique - probably the category he was weakest in, but he could definatly be lyrical at times. I think he wanted people to hear his message more then anything else so he chose to keep his lyricism simple and straight forward.

Flow - He could most definatly flow. He didnt have the best flow of all time but he's probably top 10 in this department.

Mic presence - He was second to NONE in this category. Dude's mic presence was UNREAL.

Charisma - Second to none in this category as well. By far the most charismatic MC of all time.

Body of work - Easily the most proflic songwriter and rap artist of all time, and id say his body of work is pretty much unrivaled. There's only a handful of other MC's that can argue as having a better body of work overall then Pac.

Overall influence - Does this even need a comment??

As an MC, Pac is top 10 all time. As an overall hip hop artist, he is GOAT.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 08:58:11 PM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2005, 08:57:45 PM »

Pac was an excellent MC. Not the best MC ever, but he excelled in most aspects of what makes a great MC.

Lyrical technique - probably the category he was weakest in, but he could definatly be lyrical at times. I think he wanted people to hear his message more then anything else so he chose to keep his lyricism simple and straight forward.

Flow - He could most definatly flow. He didnt have the best flow of all time but he's probably top 10 in this department.

Mic presence - He was second to NONE in this category. Dude's mic presence was UNREAL.

Charisma - Second to none in this category as well. By far the most charismatic MC of all time.

Body of work - Easily the most proflic songwriter and rap artist of all time, and id say his body of work is pretty much unrivaled. There's only a handful of other MC's that can argue as having a better body of work overall then Pac.

Overall influence - Does this even need a comment??

As an MC, Pac is top 10 all time. As an overall artist, he is GOAT.
Thanx 4 breaking it down 4 the haters ;)