Author Topic: Greatest MC of All Time?  (Read 1658 times)

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
Re: Greatest MC of All Time?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 09:01:03 PM »
Why do people still insist that Pac is a good MC?

Pac was an excellent MC. Not the best MC ever, but he excelled in most aspects of what makes a great MC.

Lyrical technique - probably the category he was weakest in, but he could definatly be lyrical at times. I think he wanted people to hear his message more then anything else so he chose to keep his lyricism simple and straight forward.

Flow - He could most definatly flow. He didnt have the best flow of all time but he's probably top 10 in this department.

Mic presence - He was second to NONE in this category. Dude's mic presence was UNREAL.

Charisma - Second to none in this category as well. By far the most charismatic MC of all time.

Body of work - Easily the most proflic songwriter and rap artist of all time, and id say his body of work is pretty much unrivaled. There's only a handful of other MC's that can argue as having a better body of work overall then Pac.

Overall influence - Does this even need a comment??

As an MC, Pac is top 10 all time. As an overall artist, he is GOAT.
Thanx 4 breaking it down 4 the haters ;)

My pleasure  :D
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2005, 09:04:59 PM »
Body of work - Easily the most proflic songwriter and rap artist of all time, and id say his body of work is pretty much unrivaled. There's only a handful of other MC's that can argue as having a better body of work overall then Pac.

Nasir Jones
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Diabolical

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2005, 09:21:12 PM »
Lyrical Technique and Flow are the most important aspect of being an MC. Sure his songs are great but they're not MC tracks.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005, 09:25:20 PM »
Lyrical Technique and Flow are the most important aspect of being an MC. Sure his songs are great but they're not MC tracks.

Content > flow and lyrical technique

You can have the sickest flow in the world with all the lyrical technique, but if you aint saying shit then it dont mean anything. Songwriting ability and content are the most important thing in most other kinds of music, dont see why it should be any different in hip hop.

Pac is the greatest songwriter in hip hop history.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 09:26:56 PM by ImmortalOne »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Diabolical

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2005, 09:30:17 PM »
Yeah i know what you mean about song writing but isnt the whole point of best MC just about flow and technique.

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2005, 09:34:31 PM »
Yeah i know what you mean about song writing but isnt the whole point of best MC just about flow and technique.
He didn't say the best, he said one of the best. 2Pac isn't the greatest but he definetly is in the top tier.

Diabolical

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2005, 09:40:56 PM »
I just meant generally.

UAK

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »

« Last Edit: September 14, 2005, 10:13:02 PM by K A I N »

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2005, 10:39:42 PM »

Diabolical

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2005, 11:02:28 PM »
Kain stop wasting my precious hard drive.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2005, 04:22:48 AM »
last thing I hope I´ll say: quote me on Ras Kass not having lyrical skills. He does have some, but they´re highly overrated because he writes with a dictionary up his ass, that´s my opinion on it.

I think Ras Kass is a fool for his paranoid opinions, yes. I think a lot of people are impressed by his ostentatiously complicated rhyming, yes. But I´m not "hating", I even listen to him...eg, I really like Diamond D´s "Soul On Ice" remix (one of the few well-produced Ras Kass songs) and I got myself an OG copy of that album from E-Bay and I paid enough for it. He´s interesting at times, but he´s also good at saying some dumb shit

Originally I said "fuck no" because he was mentioned as the greatest MC ever. If somebody said O.C. or Bumpy Knuckles in that context I could say "fuck no" too and I like them both

BMoore

• Lil Geezy
  • B-MOORE.NET: Get At Me
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2005, 07:44:12 AM »
GOAT: All around: Jay - Z...most lyrical..Nas.

Recent Interviews:
Crooked I
Boot Camp Click

Review Update:
Chapter 13 - Nevermore's Asylum
AZ - A.W.O.L
Tony Yayo - Thoughts of a Predicate Felon
Kanye West - Late Registration
Jim Jones - Harlem: Diary of a Summer

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2005, 12:08:36 PM »
props to Kill for tellin the truth on ras kass without lettin the 'respected big word throwin underground mc'-status make him ignore the obvious.

Ras Kass fans always refer to "his undeniable unfuckwitable lyrical skills" in general, but fail to get specific cause there's no backing up these claims with examples.

Don't consider him one of the greatest just cause you heard he is. He has some lyrical skill, no doubt, but it's far from superior. ecmee's are not supposed to write poems but LYRICS, to songs, that are flowable, on beat. It's not random that complex rhyme schemes are appreciated by hiphop listeners, it's supposed to support the flow. I don't see how the way Ras Kass' structures his rhymes supports his flow.

as for the content, he is a dude who can phrase things, properly unlike some other rappers, but you also need to know how to structure what you say to get the point across and convince people. He horribly failed to do that in 'nature of the threat' (pretending his audience is of decent intelligence and halfway cirtical, I know in reality alot of fans were amazed, simply because they wanted to be).

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2005, 12:14:04 PM »
Nas & Jay gotta be in the running
NO MORE WAR

wcsoldier

« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2005, 12:28:16 PM »
BIG L without a doubt