Author Topic: No for more smiling in Germany...  (Read 135 times)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No for more smiling in Germany...
« on: September 15, 2005, 01:07:01 PM »
BERLIN - Germans were ordered Thursday to stay serious when having their photographs taken for new passports, wiping away any grins, smirks or smiles so that biometric scanners can pick up their facial features.

ADVERTISEMENT

Interior Minister Otto Schily ordered passport authorities to only accept pictures taken from the front showing the "most neutral facial expression possible," starting Nov. 1.

Facial recognition systems match key features on the holder's face and work best when the face has a neutral expression with the mouth closed.

"A broad smile, however nice it may be, is therefore unacceptable," the Interior Ministry said in a statement.

German officials showcased the new passports in June, saying that they would be much harder to forge or tamper with. Two scanned fingerprints are also to be stored on a chip built into the passport cover from March 2007.

The passports are part of a host of security measures passed by the German government after the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

Biometric passports have already been introduced in Canada and the United States

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050915/ap_on_fe_st/germany_smiles_verboten

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: No for more smiling in Germany...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 01:12:23 PM »
Germans always look grim anyway, nah just kidding. :P

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 01:36:44 PM »
Germans just love being Beauracrats dont they?

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 03:24:33 PM »
yup..

UAK

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 04:34:20 PM »
Instead of cheese they'll say Hitler  ;D

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »
i think Canada has summin similar; when i went for my passport picture they told me not to smile lol.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 05:03:18 PM »
i think Canada has summin similar; when i went for my passport picture they told me not to smile lol.

Same here.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris