Author Topic: Does the West Coast sound need to be revolutionized?  (Read 897 times)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: Does the West Coast sound need to be revolutionized?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2005, 10:19:19 PM »
ok some of you misunderstood me (FunkTechNician), i didnt mean Hyphy is an exact westcoast version of south crunk, i mean it as unique STYLE that the part of that area invented, and its sick, and if you dont like ya boy and turf talk, then i have nothing else to say to you except LATE!

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2005, 06:41:45 AM »
ok some of you misunderstood me (FunkTechNician), i didnt mean Hyphy is an exact westcoast version of south crunk, i mean it as unique STYLE that the part of that area invented, and its sick, and if you dont like ya boy and turf talk, then i have nothing else to say to you except LATE!

off topic, but do anybody here got the video of turf Talk on Judge Joe Brown? That was the funniest shit I ever seen, all in the court room pluggin his cd, talkin hella shit to the judge. "I GOT A DEVASTATIN MOUFPIECE MANE!!!!!!!!" Somebody hook that up if you got it, that there is a classic.

FunkTechNician

• 'G'
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2005, 05:10:07 PM »
i didnt misunderstand you.. thats just what bay sounds like to me exactly like the south. sounds like crunk music to me thats why i dont listen to it its not appealing to my ears. good for a lot of people just not me.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2005, 07:19:04 PM »
i didnt misunderstand you.. thats just what bay sounds like to me exactly like the south. sounds like crunk music to me thats why i dont listen to it its not appealing to my ears. good for a lot of people just not me.

It is only similar because it's hyped up music...the tempo and vibe is much different, and the style of the music itself is different. They serve different purposes. LA and NY music is usually more laid back than Crunk and Hyphy shit, but Crunk and Hyphy are still about as different as NY and LA music usually is.