Author Topic: Toronto board considering school for black youth  (Read 332 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re: Toronto board considering school for black youth
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 12:33:10 PM »
In my country of Canada Catholic schools aren't private. Anyone can go to them. It'll be the same with these Black ones I imagine.

What country do you live in? Hows the normal public schools compared to catholic?

It's basically same cirriculum I believe, although I've never attended a Catholic school. My good friend, however, went to his first year high school year at a Catholic school and transferred to the public (as we call it, even though they both are) school with no problem. Only big difference is that they teach a religion course and I think have some prayer in school.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2005, 12:33:24 PM »
In my country of Canada Catholic schools aren't private. Anyone can go to them. It'll be the same with these Black ones I imagine.

What country do you live in? Hows the normal public schools compared to catholic?

The catholic schools are the same here as the public. It was the Catholics that decided they want their education tax dollars going towards Catholic schools. In Quebec they have French Schools the same way. No one is going to have a problem if a school is openned in an already black area and focuses a little more on Black culture and hires more Black teachers. It will be open to non blacks as well.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2005, 03:34:03 PM »
Jamal, why did you delete your post?

Knuckles

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 04:21:05 PM »
Catholic schools in Canada are much nicer than public schools (well atleast in Peel Region).  A lot of public schools in my area are dumps, my was disgraceful.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 04:41:57 PM »
Jamal, why did you delete your post?

Which one?
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2005, 05:25:34 PM »
The one where you laughed at Bill O'Reilly's comment. I don't think you are racist, but were you afraid you were going to look like one?

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2005, 01:19:11 PM »
LOL... please tell me you're joking..

In case you're not... I was gonna add something but I already clicked post.. so then I was like fuck it and just deleted it instead of searching for what I was gonna add.. happy? LOLL I seriously don't know if that was a serious question or not but you seem to have a great concern for why I deleted a "LOL"
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2005, 09:33:13 PM »
It was there one second and gone the next. I was just curious why you did it.