Author Topic: Toronto board considering school for black youth  (Read 665 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: Toronto board considering school for black youth
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 11:10:10 AM »
Yeah man i heard about this shit

Basically....Ima keep it real...

Black families grow up in the projects siin. But so do alot of people besides black folks. But black folks got disadvantages  a person like me dont.

Most of the families is disrupted in some way...Mom cracked out, Dad bouncin
There isnt much to celebrate in like Jamaican culture without machismo and more fiya and shottaz and likin shots and such
They influenced by this hip hop/.reggae gangstaness
No priority on education
no proper culture to reguilate them

so they fuckin up en masse....

i think this idea should be considered
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 11:50:48 AM »
Yeah man i heard about this shit

Basically....Ima keep it real...

Black families grow up in the projects siin. But so do alot of people besides black folks. But black folks got disadvantages  a person like me dont.

Most of the families is disrupted in some way...Mom cracked out, Dad bouncin
There isnt much to celebrate in like Jamaican culture without machismo and more fiya and shottaz and likin shots and such
They influenced by this hip hop/.reggae gangstaness
No priority on education
no proper culture to reguilate them

so they fuckin up en masse....

i think this idea should be considered

I don't think anyone but you and me understand "siin", "zeen", or "seen". lol.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 04:31:36 PM »
Yea I think its a good idea as long as there not forced to go there then theres no problem, especially if they would do better there. they were talking about doing this over here a while ago but i don't think anything came of it.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 07:13:45 PM »
Why do you think  all black schools are a good idea? Why can't black people just go to the same schools as everyone else?

I always thought segregation was supposed to be wrong. I guess it is only wrong if white people do it........

J Bananas

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 09:01:59 AM »
^^^
Well as much as I think this guy is an asshole, I gotta agree this time around

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 09:34:35 AM »
Why do you think  all black schools are a good idea? Why can't black people just go to the same schools as everyone else?

I always thought segregation was supposed to be wrong. I guess it is only wrong if white people do it........

But it's not segregation. It's a school that would have mainly black teachers and extra focus on black history and culture. This is no different than a Catholic School that requires Catholic teachers and extra focus on religion. No black student will forced to attend this school and no white/chinese/brown kid will be not allowed to go to this school. It's a choice.

Bill O Reilly

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 12:20:53 PM »
Well, the idea of an all black school isn't necessarily a bad idea as long as it remains a private institution like a catholic school or other private grade schools. If the school district wants public funds, then they are overstepping their boundaries, but if miraculously the black community can get enough private funds together than there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 12:22:48 PM »
Well, the idea of an all black school isn't necessarily a bad idea as long as it remains a private institution like a catholic school or other private grade schools. If the school district wants public funds, then they are overstepping their boundaries, but if miraculously the black community can get enough private funds together than there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

In my country of Canada Catholic schools aren't private. Anyone can go to them. It'll be the same with these Black ones I imagine.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 12:24:27 PM »
Jamal, why did you delete your post?

Bill O Reilly

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 12:27:24 PM »
In my country of Canada Catholic schools aren't private. Anyone can go to them. It'll be the same with these Black ones I imagine.

What country do you live in? Hows the normal public schools compared to catholic?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 12:33:10 PM »

What country do you live in? Hows the normal public schools compared to catholic?

It's basically same cirriculum I believe, although I've never attended a Catholic school. My good friend, however, went to his first year high school year at a Catholic school and transferred to the public (as we call it, even though they both are) school with no problem. Only big difference is that they teach a religion course and I think have some prayer in school.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2005, 12:33:24 PM »

The catholic schools are the same here as the public. It was the Catholics that decided they want their education tax dollars going towards Catholic schools. In Quebec they have French Schools the same way. No one is going to have a problem if a school is openned in an already black area and focuses a little more on Black culture and hires more Black teachers. It will be open to non blacks as well.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2005, 03:34:03 PM »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 04:21:05 PM »
Catholic schools in Canada are much nicer than public schools (well atleast in Peel Region).  A lot of public schools in my area are dumps, my was disgraceful.

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2005, 04:41:57 PM »

Which one?
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker