Author Topic: Republicans Block Creation of Katrina Commission  (Read 107 times)

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Republicans Block Creation of Katrina Commission
« on: September 15, 2005, 04:25:12 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050914/ap_on_go_ot/katrina_washington_29

WASHINGTON - Senate Republicans on Wednesday scuttled an attempt by Sen.
Hillary Clinton to establish an independent, bipartisan panel patterned after the 9/11 Commission to investigate what went wrong with federal, state and local governments' response to Hurricane Katrina.

The New York Democrat's bid to establish the panel — which would have also made recommendations on how to improve the government's disaster response apparatus — failed to win the two-thirds majority needed to overcome procedural hurdles. Clinton got only 44 votes, all from Democrats and independent Sen. Jim Jeffords of Vermont. Fifty-four Republicans all voted no.

h cottie is bac-tive?

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The trains are NY veins, the city's a Psycho
Re: Republicans Block Creation of Katrina Commission
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 04:49:42 PM »
if u cant stand the heat get the fuck out the senate

republicans just want to minimize embarassment..theyre probably concerned about the next election

I WENT TO STAPLES CENTER WEN I WAS WALKING MY GOLD RAG FALL OF MY POCKET AND THE GROUND WAS WET TO AND DIRTY MY RAG GOT DIRTY A LIL BIT PULL IT IT BACK AND MAKE SURE IT WOULD NOT DROP AGAIN ROCKING MY RAG AGAIN HOMIE 8