Author Topic: Buying a Digital Camera need help selecting one.  (Read 120 times)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Buying a Digital Camera need help selecting one.
« on: September 15, 2005, 08:54:37 PM »
Well im going to buy a digital camera this weekend and i just need to get some info as to what to look for and what brands to stay away from.ALl i know is that i should get one with 5 or 7 megapixel but what elso do i need to look for.I pretty much decieded im going with a Sony but i would like to get some opinons about other brands.My budget is between $350-$500.Thanks for the help yall.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
Re: Buying a Digital Camera need help selecting one.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 09:30:53 PM »
I'm sold on Canon.

Picture quality is excellent.

I've used HP, Kodak, and FujiFilm... I think Canon is better than all these.

Another quality brand to look at is Nikon.  I heard they are really good cameras, but I've never owned or used one.

Good luck.

Peace  8)

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 09:49:55 PM »
I got a canon and so does my sister (two different models) They both have excellent picture quality, and had a decent price.

I got a 5 mp, and she's got a 3mp. To be honest, now that i have it, i dont really have a use for a 5mp camera.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 12:10:07 AM »
my family's got 2 - I have a Sony Cybershot DSC100 - 5.1mp (about 250$ now). My parents got a Canon Powershot SD300 (4.0pm, About 300$). The canon is more expensive cuz i guess its smaller and it has a metal body (The sony is plastic). But i have to admit, that lathough the Canon is more conventient (Battery charger isn't bulky like Sony'), the Sony does have sharper pictures when taken while not moving. The canon is better for taking pictures in motion. THe Sony's flash is a little better, and the colors are more rich. SO i dunno, i guess i like the SOny more. But i heard the 7.0 Version of the DSC has a bad microchip, so don't get that one
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 01:36:56 AM »
thanks for info guys.I had to choose out of this sony one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6998216&type=product&productCategoryId=cat15197&id=1099391725734 or this Cannon one http://www.smart-review.com/canonelph.html it was the Cannon powershot SDD550.And after looking looking at both of this for over 1 hr n  i picked the cannon only because it was smaller and i just liked better.I have never messed with Cannon before but i have heard really good things about it.I loved that sony camera too but something about it that didnt do it for me.Thanks again guys.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 09:04:39 AM »
^ you made a good choice  8)

Just take care of it... I've dropped way too many camera's in my day... but I always go back and buy Canon because I love the quality and design.

Peace  8)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 10:14:31 AM »
You can't go wrong with Canon...professonial photographers use that brand (along with Nikon...that is good too). I got a Samsung V-50...and I'm very satisfied with that.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 02:34:05 PM »
i loved the design of the cannon and i heard alot of good things about it.I heard good for sony too but I thought the design for the cannon was cool.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 07:32:54 PM »
u cant go wrong wit sony homie i work for HP and there cameras are garbage but i personally have a sony cybershot 5.0MP and i cant be more happier

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 07:52:43 PM »
fuck digital cameras. i got a hp 812 and this muhfucka chews through batteries like its nothin. and these energizer lithums cost a bitch!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 07:58:32 PM »
fuck digital cameras. i got a hp 812 and this muhfucka chews through batteries like its nothin. and these energizer lithums cost a bitch!
lol i work for HP and ill tell u that they are gay ass cameras the only thing i really like on the HP cameras is that they have the panaramic shot where u take multipal shots and it combines them to make a make a panaramic picture its the shit. HP is ganna send me a camera by the end of this month to do demos at the store but im still ganna do the demos wit my sony cuz the pix look way cleaner and nicer the HP cameras

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2005, 02:18:24 PM »
out of those two, i'd go with the cannon. The sony is overpriced, and i hear the chip for it isn't as good as the 5mp version of the same camera
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2005, 05:40:36 PM »
i got the cannon and i love it.Thanks for the help.Ill try to post some pic this weekend.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 06:27:46 AM »
lol i work for HP and ill tell u that they are gay ass cameras the only thing i really like on the HP cameras is that they have the panaramic shot where u take multipal shots and it combines them to make a make a panaramic picture its the shit. HP is ganna send me a camera by the end of this month to do demos at the store but im still ganna do the demos wit my sony cuz the pix look way cleaner and nicer the HP cameras

hook me up
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"