Author Topic: for those that work or planning to work.which more important. experience or pay?  (Read 186 times)

We Fly High

i just got offered a pretty crazy position, but the pay is extremely low. especially for a college graduate.
but what do you guys think is more important.. especially in the very early stepping stones of your career..

A. Hella good experience, like something crazy to put on the resume but with very low pay.
B. or a job with Higher pay, and probably not as great of something to put on the resume.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
A deffinately, cause pay will be pretty low at start, but with good experience and growth comes really good pay, but is it enough pay for u to live?>

Diabolical

Definatly A man, especially in the music business!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
unless I´d be in desperate need of earning money instantly, definitely A

Bill O Reilly

If you want to ultimately end up rich, work for experience and not for pay. Poor people work for money because they think it will solve their problems, which it doesn't. Rich people work for the experience so they know how to run a business one day.

SGV

If you can survive with the low pay homie, go for that experience.

TNB

• 'G'
Experience is far more important than pay to begin with.  Once you learn the ropes, you can then move onto a job with more money and have complete control of what you're doing due to the experience you have gained previously.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
Experience is far more important than pay to begin with.  Once you learn the ropes, you can then move onto a job with more money and have complete control of what you're doing due to the experience you have gained previously.

well said

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Suga Foot

It depends on who you're working for and where you wanna end up.  Like if you get experience, but it's the wrong type of experience, it's pointless.  Just think of where you wanna end up, and which direction will help to better take you there.

UAK

Go for the money fuck working for free...tell them to fuck off.

BJV

it looks like A is what you really want to do so if you can get by on lower pay go for it.

Acgrundy

go for the money while you can.  don't pass up opportunities.  it's more of who you know, rather than experience.  experience is very overrated in the workplace.  companyies are much more likely to hire someone who has absolutely no experience, but they know the right person, over vice versa.  you can shape how your experience is gonna be.  its not like your spending another year in college to get more experienced before entering the big leagues.  take your money man.  money makes the world go round, and if you are really gonna do what you wanna do in life, then you are gonna need money.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'd go for option B cause like on the 10th Im starting my new job which doesnt pay that much (it aint that bad,Im still at school so its ok) plus the job sucks.Im only going there cause I dont have a choice.Never get a job where the payment is low unless you dont have a choice.Anyways,its your decision.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 02:21:08 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
A but i wood do both A and B

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Come down south,get akey for 20....go to NewYork,and flip that bitch for 33....(A)cause its a independent world now.the average 9 to 5, gone have your ass struggling. 8)
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.