Author Topic: Cancer pantiens make good bank robbers  (Read 155 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Cancer pantiens make good bank robbers
« on: February 16, 2005, 07:51:32 AM »
Man with Tumor Robs Banks for Inheritance

Wed Feb 16, 7:19 AM ET

ROME (Reuters) - Diagnosed with incurable lung cancer, a 53-year-old Italian father robbed more than 10 banks so he could build a big enough inheritance to leave to his children.

The married storekeeper, who once sold dresses in the north-eastern town of Savona, netted an estimated 115,000 euros (about $150,000) after turning to a life of crime, according to Italian media reports.

"They diagnosed me in 2003 with an incurable disease ... I didn't want to leave my family with financial problems," he told police, leading Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera reported.

Police described the robber as "a pleasant person, well cultured," who would appear in banks with a bag that he claimed was full of plastic explosives. The bluff worked, so well in fact, that he robbed one bank in the city of Turin three times.

Corriere said he would also strap wires to his body and pretend to be a suicide bomber.

"I have explosives on and this is a robbery," he would write on a note and slip it to the teller, newspaper Il Secolo XIX wrote. The paper said he had lung cancer.

Police were hot on his trail after the crime spree began in July 2003. Then, suddenly in October, the bank robberies halted.

"I was recovering from treatment in the hospital," he confessed after his arrest.

Beyond jail time, the father of three could also be forced to give back to the banks the 115,000 euro inheritance he stole.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Cancer pantiens make good bank robbers
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 05:24:19 AM »
yeah, i read that too.cool guy 8)

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:11:24 PM »
i'd do this too in his shoes
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

universe

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
WHY NOT STEAL SOME LUNGS :D

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »
Why not rob banks?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE