Author Topic: New Mobb Deep interview with AHH - some interesting thoughts...  (Read 239 times)

jeromechickenbone

I jacked this from AHH.  There's some great spots in here too.  I'll summarize my favorites cuz I know some of yall don't like reading these longer interviews. 

First, for niggas that used to be so lyrical, you'd think they could express themselves better.  The interviewer asks them what they'd rate hip-hop today, and they said a 2.  P attributed it to all the biting in hip-hop, that its now acceptable, and there ain't no rules anymore. 

Then, the interviewer asks them to give ONE WORD to define what makes a good MC.  Hav spouts off a whole sentence.  So the interviewer follows up and says "I said ONE WORD" and Hav is like "O sorry, i'm not good at questions like that". So then P chimes in and says "Personality".  The interviewer goes back to Hav and asks him the question AGAIN.  Hav tries to duck it, but the interviewer won't let him off the hook.  So then Hav is like "I'd have to say what he said".  So the interviewer starts callin Hav a biter for jackin P's answer.  I swear I don't get how people like this expect anyone to take them serious when they do straight 180 contradictions on something they said not 2 minutes ago.

The other great part in the interview is when the interviewer asks them to listen to a few of their classic records (Survival of the Fittest, Shook Ones pt II, Quiet Storm) and break down what made them so great.  P & Hav kinda elaborate on the songs, but nothing out of the ordinary.  So after playing those three classic tracks, the interviewer throws on "Have A Party".  Basically showing them that they're out here talking about hip-hop is about a 2 outta 10 right now, but yet bite and go with the trends.  He all but says these niggas are guilty of selling out,  and I don't think these 2 even realize they're being clowned on.  Much props to the interviewer.

For the full interview go here:  http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1340

"THE" MoSav

Re: New Mobb Deep interview with AHH - some interesting thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 10:17:05 PM »
weak interview but propz anyways...

The Best of 3 Worlds

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 11:38:41 PM »
Hahahahaaaa I read that interview...yea I was laughin when the interviewer threw on "Have A Party" and mobb deep didn't realized they just ethered themselves.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 02:43:47 AM »
I jacked this from AHH.  There's some great spots in here too.  I'll summarize my favorites cuz I know some of yall don't like reading these longer interviews. 

First, for niggas that used to be so lyrical, you'd think they could express themselves better.  The interviewer asks them what they'd rate hip-hop today, and they said a 2.  P attributed it to all the biting in hip-hop, that its now acceptable, and there ain't no rules anymore. 

Then, the interviewer asks them to give ONE WORD to define what makes a good MC.  Hav spouts off a whole sentence.  So the interviewer follows up and says "I said ONE WORD" and Hav is like "O sorry, i'm not good at questions like that". So then P chimes in and says "Personality".  The interviewer goes back to Hav and asks him the question AGAIN.  Hav tries to duck it, but the interviewer won't let him off the hook.  So then Hav is like "I'd have to say what he said".  So the interviewer starts callin Hav a biter for jackin P's answer.  I swear I don't get how people like this expect anyone to take them serious when they do straight 180 contradictions on something they said not 2 minutes ago.

The other great part in the interview is when the interviewer asks them to listen to a few of their classic records (Survival of the Fittest, Shook Ones pt II, Quiet Storm) and break down what made them so great.  P & Hav kinda elaborate on the songs, but nothing out of the ordinary.  So after playing those three classic tracks, the interviewer throws on "Have A Party".  Basically showing them that they're out here talking about hip-hop is about a 2 outta 10 right now, but yet bite and go with the trends.  He all but says these niggas are guilty of selling out,  and I don't think these 2 even realize they're being clowned on.  Much props to the interviewer.

But they said hip hop is at the scale 2 out of 10 for lyrics these days a few questions after he played the song.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 01:02:48 PM »

The other great part in the interview is when the interviewer asks them to listen to a few of their classic records (Survival of the Fittest, Shook Ones pt II, Quiet Storm) and break down what made them so great.  P & Hav kinda elaborate on the songs, but nothing out of the ordinary.  So after playing those three classic tracks, the interviewer throws on "Have A Party". Basically showing them that they're out here talking about hip-hop is about a 2 outta 10 right now, but yet bite and go with the trends.  He all but says these niggas are guilty of selling out,  and I don't think these 2 even realize they're being clowned on.  Much props to the interviewer.

But they said hip hop is at the scale 2 out of 10 for lyrics these days a few questions after he played the song.

Which is even more sad.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 03:08:49 PM »
what Mobb Deep song ( maybe from 96-99 era? ) has P & Hav going back and forth talking about they keep each other on they toes lyrically?