Author Topic: Downloading from rapidshare  (Read 280 times)

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
Downloading from rapidshare
« on: September 20, 2005, 12:33:35 PM »
I have never downloaded shit from there before because my connection wasn't fast but now I got DSL.  I clicked on the free download and it said that I am already downloading something or I have a shared IP address and that getting a premium account solves that problem.  Does anyone else pay for that?

UAK

Re: Downloading from rapidshare
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 12:38:04 PM »
I have never downloaded shit from there before because my connection wasn't fast but now I got DSL.  I clicked on the free download and it said that I am already downloading something or I have a shared IP address and that getting a premium account solves that problem.  Does anyone else pay for that?

Try downloading in an hour...There's a minimum you can d/l per hour.

No one pays for rapidshare.

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 12:40:07 PM »

I've tried several times over the last few days and it gives me that same message.  So nobody's got that premium account?

UAK

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2005, 12:44:52 PM »

I've tried several times over the last few days and it gives me that same message.  So nobody's got that premium account?

No

Shared IP...you use telephone w/DSL right? Then it will probably never work.

#

Your system complaints about that I am already downloading files or that I have already downloaded too much. But I did not download anything! Whats wrong there?

Our system checks your IP-address in order to count the downloads. If you are getting this message and you really did not download anything, then you are using a proxy-server, which is used by other people as well. Even if you have no proxy-server set up in your configuration, there are providers who put transparent proxy-servers between you and the net. Even if you are completely sure that you have no proxy-server attached, you are wrong. Compare the IP-address of the error-message with your real internet-IP. Those will differ. We only see your Proxy-IP. But what can you do? You have to disable this proxy-server. If you are not able to disable the proxy-server, we can only suggest you to get a Premium-account. Premium-users are recognized by cookies, not IP. Unfortunately we cannot disable our IP-check, else people would download so much that we would have to close down this service.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 12:52:15 PM by K A I N »

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 12:55:44 PM »
ive noticed that u can only dload is u use IE firefox doesnt work for me neither does my compuserve browser

BJV

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2005, 12:57:27 PM »
firefox works fine for me

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2005, 04:46:05 PM »
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

UAK

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2005, 04:49:46 PM »
ive noticed that u can only dload is u use IE firefox doesnt work for me neither does my compuserve browser

lol compuserve is for girls and grandmas  ;D

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2005, 05:09:10 PM »
whats happening, is that your ISP has a transparent proxy server.. they have this machine, that caches/takes a copy of all web traffic.. this way its cheaper for them since they don't have to download everything. you don't set this to be used anywhere, they do it for you .. and rapidshare picks up the IP address of this proxy as your IP, notices theres already someone else using this IP and thinks its you etc.. i used to have an ISP which did this, so I changed

your 3 options are;

1. convince rapidshare to change their bad html code
2. convince your isp to stop using the transparent proxy
3. change isp's
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2005, 05:20:11 PM »

uhhhh...... they dont offer dsl in my area yet so uh...ya... im stuck wit fuckin dial up plus its 9.95 so im not too upset at the moment

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2005, 06:42:05 PM »

No

Shared IP...you use telephone w/DSL right? Then it will probably never work.

#

Your system complaints about that I am already downloading files or that I have already downloaded too much. But I did not download anything! Whats wrong there?

Our system checks your IP-address in order to count the downloads. If you are getting this message and you really did not download anything, then you are using a proxy-server, which is used by other people as well. Even if you have no proxy-server set up in your configuration, there are providers who put transparent proxy-servers between you and the net. Even if you are completely sure that you have no proxy-server attached, you are wrong. Compare the IP-address of the error-message with your real internet-IP. Those will differ. We only see your Proxy-IP. But what can you do? You have to disable this proxy-server. If you are not able to disable the proxy-server, we can only suggest you to get a Premium-account. Premium-users are recognized by cookies, not IP. Unfortunately we cannot disable our IP-check, else people would download so much that we would have to close down this service.

So how would I disable the proxy server?

The Watcher

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 07:08:46 PM »
change isps
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

UAK

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2005, 07:33:39 PM »

uhhhh...... they dont offer dsl in my area yet so uh...ya... im stuck wit fuckin dial up plus its 9.95 so im not too upset at the moment

Get Cable.