Author Topic: D.O.C. speaks on DRE !!  (Read 245 times)

big_mike

• Lil Geezy
  • real g's dont die...we multiply...
D.O.C. speaks on DRE !!
« on: April 30, 2002, 02:43:47 AM »
(courtesy of http://www.aftermathmusic.com

D.O.C. talks about Dre (April 30, 2002)
ThaFormula.com - So now comes your album. What I want to know is how was it recording "No One Can Do It Better" because that was the only album that I can remember where Dre produced it all by himself, without the help of any other co-producer or whatever. It was just you and Dre. This is the album I always tell people to explain to me when they say Dre can't produce by himself or that he jacks everybody's beats. There was no one to jack for your album right?

D.O.C. - Well, let me explain something to you and you can print this so your people will understand. I went through this shit with Daz and now they're going through this shit with Mel-Man. Let me tell you something. What Dr. Dre gives those young men, they can't give you enough money for, what that guy gives these young producers that are trying to come up. The only reason Dre even has anybody else in there fucking with him is because he's lazy. That's the only reason. When Dre is in the studio, that shit is coming out of his mind and none of these other guys are responsible for it and I was there from day 1, 'till fuckin' '94 or '95 when I had to leave. Then I came back because doing records with Dre is like going to school, because if you sit and you watch, and you look and you learn, the guy is teaching you how to make great records. Now with this new record I made, I'm only doing what Dre would have did, and I used my own judgment. The one thing that Dr. Dre is missing now is D.O.C. and that's the same way that I would tell those young guys, hey that sucks! I would tell Dre's big ass the same shit. Hey, I love you, and your the greatest of all time, but that's bullshit
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
Re: D.O.C. speaks on DRE !!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 12:26:28 PM »
that's true...daz be talkin shit about the way dre produce and shit but all daz's own skills came from dre himself...if he was to go to college and learn that shit...it would have cost him a fuckin bom and he wudn't be half as skilled as he iz....it's just sittin with dre and dre talkin them through shit that makes them a dope producer to begin with....just like the DOC is tryna say up there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »