1 (3.4%)
I already donated
10 (34.5%)
Nah I ain't gonna donate nothin
14 (48.3%)
I might give money, not sure
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: WHO HERE IS WILLIN TO GIVE MONEY TO KATRINA VICTIMZ? POLL  (Read 414 times)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: WHO HERE IS WILLIN TO GIVE MONEY TO KATRINA VICTIMZ? POLL
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 04:56:48 AM »
Yall saying that its the governments responsibilty to give people money and take care of them like lil kids... You shouldnt rely on governement for anything in this world, never works. You will be dissapinted if you do...People need to donate money privately.

Its not really the Federal Governements responsibilty is too be doing that. Local and State should help but, the governments job is to give people opportunites to live a normal life agian, like giving them jobs and temporary housing. Not by giving pay checks to everyone who were effected by the hurricane. If they do that, people will become lazy and will depend on Bureaucracys to give them everything there whole life.

Okka

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 05:09:47 AM »
I might give 'em some, if i had money, but i'm broke as a muthafuckin joke...

ABN

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 05:25:46 AM »
i might give them some money, my boss donated like 5k(US $) and they´ve set up some shit up at work where we can donate money i just gotta make sure that my money is goin to where motherfuckers is sayin they gonna go.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 02:24:27 PM »
how about offering food instead of money?  Offer clothing..yeea?
I would do that.  money..naw...people take things for granted.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

eKardz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I bleed red white and blue, I am a New York Ranger
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 03:03:07 PM »
even tho im in college my parents still spend 500 a year on me for christmas, so instead i had them give it early to the hurrican katrina redcross fund.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 03:22:57 PM »
nah man
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 07:43:54 PM »
I put my ends in. Gotta help those in need.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

J Bananas

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 07:47:33 PM »
is there just a high concentration of jews here or what? your excuses for your greed are a fucking joke.

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 11:31:47 PM »
It's not the government's responsibility to take care of these people.  People shouldn't take things like that for granted.

The government is horrible at *EVERYTHING* it does.  It does *NOTHING* good.  There isn't 1 good government program that has ever worked well.  Anything the government touches, turns to shit.  With that said, why would you want them involved in any aspect of your life? 

My entire relationship with the government is me trying to stay the fuck out of their way. 

Human beings are brilliant loving kind strong intelligent and inspired by design.  The government's job is to protect human beings, and stay the fuck out of their lives so they can be brilliant loving kind strong intelligent and inspired without any hinderances.  The government has no business handing people money. 

I won't get much agreement on THIS board, but what we're talking about with these people in need is charity.  These people need charity.  Charity comes from the soul, the soul is connected to God.  The people who need to help these people are the churches, and the individuals in the country who out of the goodness of their souls want to help out. 

Since everyone is forced to pay 30 percent of their paycheck to the government, though, these people with good souls largely can't help who they want to, because they're too busy using the 70 percent the government leaves them to take care of their own.

Think about this.  Look at the job the government does... with ANYTHING.  Then think about what we're paying them.  Lets run it down.

You work, and make money.  Your boss pays taxes on any profit you produce.

You get a paycheck, but the government takes out taxes before you ever even see the money.

Anything you buy with the money you have left, you pay taxes on (even food). 

Anything you save, you pay taxes on the interest you earn in savings.

Anything you buy of any value (a house, a car)... you pay taxes on, YEARLY, in the form of "personal property tax".  You're not allowed to own anything valuable, or you have to pay the government a tax for the priveledge of owning personal property. 

When you die, the government gets a big chunk of whatever money you had left, in the form of an estate tax.

The government's bullshit, they're fucking you over and over and over and taking and taxing your money time after time, but yet people wanna bitch about gas companies?  Look @ the fucking government, they take all your money and do nothing but get in the way of what you'd be doing if you were left to your own, natural instinct. 

J @ M @ L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2005, 12:11:42 AM »
^ I'm assuming you consider yourself a libertarian/classical liberal....?

I don't know how much you're getting into it or to what extent you're speaking when you say there shouldn't be taxes or intervention of any sort... so this is based on my assumption of what you're implying...
I agree with some of the ideals, but only to a certain extent... from an economic standpoint. For example, I believe there should be government intervention to prevent collusion (monopolies). I also don't think it's in the public's best interest if the utility companies were privately owned. You see... there are also certain things that ONLY the government would provide.... the only time individuals would do so, is if there was a benefit or profit... and for things like roads, lighthouses, etc.. that won't hold true.
I do agree with what you stated about charity though... I would donate, but then I feel like I already donated with my tax money... instead of assuming that my money was used to fund Israeli military operations, I'll just assume that this year my money was used to help the victims...
I'm still studying the economic principles of taxation, the government's role, trade, etc... but maybe the government could fund the necessary things (to protect) and necessities that private individuals would have no benefit in providing (roads, etc).. with the money from trade..? I'm just kinda making a guess here.. it may be a little far-fetched....
my throat hurts, its hard to swallow, and my body feels like i got a serious ass beating.

LOL @ this fudgepacker

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 12:19:03 AM »
Some local representatives are taking the money that was going to be used for their own district for personal projects and use it for the reconstruction of New Orleans. 

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 12:24:09 AM »
For a while it did seem that these people were alone and look how bad it got, they needed the government help.  FEMA was formed to minimize damage the inevitble damage and to maximze the help it should be doing

ecrazy

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 12:24:38 AM »

I'm still studying the economic principles of taxation, the government's role, trade, etc... but maybe the government could fund the necessary things (to protect) and necessities that private individuals would have no benefit in providing (roads, etc).. with the money from trade..? I'm just kinda making a guess here.. it may be a little far-fetched....
Even the roads are made from outside contractors....almost everything has its ties to private organizations, and most are owned by theses politicians, or people who give money to theses politicians, every damn politician takes special interest money

UAK

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 01:43:26 AM »
New Orleans set themselves up by diverting levee funds, they can kiss ass and fuck the American Red Cross 350k salaries.

Trauma-san

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2005, 08:36:47 AM »
^ I'm assuming you consider yourself a libertarian/classical liberal....?

I would be a true/ classic conservative.  You know, the ones who voted FOR the civil rights bill but then had their party labeled as racist since they don't believe in huge federal entitlement programs.

I'm not crazy enough to say the government isn't going to help people.  All this shit started in the depression when people truly did need help, and there are still people today who truly need help.  If Rosevelt wouldnt' have started some of these programs, who knows what shape the country would be in today.  All I'm saying is, the government is way oversized and bloated, and In my opinion, that's not going to change.  It's just going to get worse and worse.  Everything they're pushing, I don't want. 

Look @ how America lives.  I know some people are broke and need government assistance, that's fine; however I also know many, many, perhaps 50 or 60 percent of the people who receive government assistance aren't trying to do anything about it.  They just figure out how to live on whatever money the government gives them, and have kid after kid, bringing them into a bad situation.  Then they sit around and bitch that they're all in gangs and shit out on the street.  Well look how the fuck you raised them!  I was never tempted to do any of that shit because my dad worked his ass off to make enough money to move us out of bad neighborhoods, and if I ever acted up I got my ass beat.  He actually gave a shit. 

Who do you know, poor, that saves any money? NOBODY!  They all just try and hit that magic 65 mark so they can start getting their social security checks.  Social Security was originally intended to be a retirement supplement, not a retirement savings account.  When it was started by Roosevelt, people had a life expectancy of 2 years past the limit of when you could start receiving benefits.  Think about that.  Now it's not uncommon for people to live to be 85, by the time we're older people will routinely be hitting 95.  Nobody saves, though, like our grandparents and great grandparents did... they just wait on the government's little bullshit check to save them.  FOLKS, IT'S NOT GONNA BE ENOUGH BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT CAN'T DO SHIT RIGHT! 

I saw this guy run some math on a talk show a while back.  If you get a job, making 6 bucks an hour (that may be under minimum wage now, I dunno).  Anyways, 6 bucks an hour when you're 18, and work until you retire at 65.  Every week, you take the 6.5 or whatever percent you pay to social security, and invest it in a mutual fund.  The stock market has averaged 12 percent or more since inception, and it's not hard at all to find a mutual fund that will average that... if you invested your money at 12 percent, when you retired at 65 you'd have 1.3 million dollars in the bank, and would be earning 100 grand a year just in interest.  You could live off the interest the rest of your life to the tune of 7 or 8 grand a month, plus never touch the million dollar principle you have in the bank.  This is all for a loser making 240 bucks a week who never got a raise his entire fucking life... and people wanna bitch about being poor???? Look at what the government is doing with your money.  They take the same amount, from the same guy, and when he retires at 65.... they send him a check for about 500 bucks a month.  Where's his 7 or 8 grand?  Where's his 1.3 million in the bank?  They think the government is doing him a favor?  Are you kidding me?  They're raping him!  THE MAFIA TREATS PEOPLE BETTER THAN THE GOVERNMENT DOES.  If I gave Tony Soprano 7 points a week I'd be taken care of better than these people are. 

On top of that, the whole materialistic side of society is sickening.  People carry bank notes on expensive cars, and then bitch when they can't pay the bills.  The absolute worst thing you can do with your money is take a loan out on a car.  If you can't pay cash, it's tooooo muuuucccchhh carrrrrr.  Everybody's starving, but look at what they're driving.  Like it even fucking matters what kind of car you have, EVERYBODY HAS THAT.  Ultimately, you don't even own it.  Not only does the bank own it, but you owe them more than the car is worth!  You're PAYING THEM TO DRIVE THEIR CAR. 

I dunno, I just get bent out of shape thinking how people don't see this.  I don't necessarily see myself as all that super intelligent, I just wonder why I'm the only one who notices the bullshit people are doing to themselves.  That's the basis for my posts defending the current administration, people blame them for problems that are ultimately their own fault. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 08:41:14 AM by I Want My Donation Back »