Author Topic: JetBlue Plane has landed saftey...  (Read 191 times)

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
JetBlue Plane has landed saftey...
« on: September 21, 2005, 06:05:38 PM »
LOS ANGELES - A JetBlue airliner with faulty landing gear was headed for an emergency landing Wednesday at Los Angeles International Airport after its front wheels were turned sideways and unable to retract into the plane following takeoff from a nearby airport.

The plane carrying 139 passengers left Bob Hope Airport in Burbank at 3:17 p.m. for New York's JFK airport, said JetBlue spokesman Bryan Baldwin.

JetBlue flight 292 first circled the Long Beach Airport, about 30 miles south of Burbank, and then was cleared to land at Los Angeles International Airport. The Airbus A320 stayed in flight to burn off fuel before landing, said     Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Donn Walker.

People were gathered on buildings near the 105 Freeway watching the situation unfold.

Earlier at Long Beach Airport, six ambulances lined a runway, along with a handful of police cars and two fire engines. Planes continued to take off and land while the emergency vehicles remained parked at the runway's edge with their lights flashing.

TV images showed the nose wheel turned perpendicular. Its back landing gear was also down but appeared to be in the correct position.

"After leaving Burbank, pilots reported a landing gear indication light on, meaning there may be a problem or issue with the landing gear," Baldwin said.

The crew then decided to return to an airport to attempt to land, he said. The pilots were "able to determine the problem with assistance from air traffic control."

Walker said dumping fuel would help the plane land.

"They can't be that heavy," Walker said.

Elliot Brann, the National Air Traffic Controllers safety representative for the LAX control tower, said pilots have landed and keep the nose gear up until the plane is at a very slow speed before easing it down, minimizing danger to passenger and damage to plane.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050922/ap_on_re_us/airliner_emergency
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 06:37:41 PM by Machiavelli »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: JetBlue Plane is over L.A right now in trouble...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 06:12:12 PM »
Yeah the airplane is about to land right now

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 06:18:16 PM »
well safe landing

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005, 06:24:54 PM »
Wow...the crew deserves some props man, shit..I would of been scared shitless if that happened, but I have already been through a similar situation like this in Brazil...

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2005, 06:26:35 PM »
ok good they finally landed, they been flying over and around the airport fo like 1 and a half hours

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
Re: JetBlue Plane has landed saftey...
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2005, 06:53:14 PM »
Good to hear tha plane landed okay...

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 06:58:16 PM »
I saw that on the news.......... when it flamed up underneath I thought they were gonna  :bomb:

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2005, 07:14:03 PM »
I watched it land on CNN.  It was a hell of a landing.

UAK

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2005, 08:20:04 PM »
I saw that on the news.......... when it flamed up underneath I thought they were gonna  :bomb:

Usually they dump or use up the fuel in this situation :)

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2005, 09:55:37 PM »
I heard they dumped the fuel in the water

Plumma25

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 05:38:40 AM »
Wow that was scary huh???  All these problems with airplanes lately got me a little shook.  Still doesn't bother me, its safer than driving if you think about it.
if you're girl has a leak tell her 2 call tha mothafuckin' Plumma named Pete, thats me.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 06:25:06 PM »
That's why you don't ride ghetto ass JetBlue.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE