Author Topic: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/  (Read 1440 times)

WestCoasta

Re: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 03:29:21 PM »
The president of Def Jam appreciates those white folk who contribute to the scene and culture.......
yeah dumbass, which is an overwhelming percentage, majority of whites buy your garbage so shut up

Prolific

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2005, 03:44:20 PM »
White rappers and producers r doin a betta job than black people anyway, jus look at Scott Storch and JR, eminem, then u look at luda chingy and Nelly?

co-sign

Did he really say that? Scott Storch one producer who is hot at the moment...Eminem the only non-black MC on this level, his last cd was garbage by the way..Look at Timbaland, Talib Kweli, Dr. Dre, Most Def, Common, Dead Prez

Jay-Z seems to be really be talking about people who aren't apart of the culture cashing in while its hot....Just bandwagon jumping straight up..

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 03:52:42 PM »
kinda true in some cases tho

if some of the "successful" white ppl in the industry were black they wouldn't have achieved as much

i can see where he is coming from
NO MORE WAR

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 04:10:50 PM »
I never knew Jay-Z got down with reverse racism.

It's like if I were to say that Jay shouldn't act white by dressing in suits and go to meetings now that he runs Def Jam.

There are whites that bastardize hip hop, but there are blacks that do the same thing too.

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2005, 04:49:32 PM »
isnt Jay-Z gonna be helpin out Mike Shinoda (from Linkin Park, who is white) for a rap album or sumthin?

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2005, 06:00:44 PM »
theres gonna be a lot of butthurt euros on this site

no offense to all of you guys, but LMAO

hahaha

Not that I can really take what Jay-Z seriously, considering all the questionable music he has made over the years. He's coming accross as a hypocrite.

I do agree with the general premise that white owned media conglomerates and record labels are having way too much say in what music is heard on teh media outlets and what albums are promoted and released. Jimmy Iovine vetoing the Rakim/Dre project while putting out 50 Cent's garbage is perfect example of that.

I feel that we (black folks and anyone else who really cares about hip hop as a music and culture) need to have control over the media outlets, record labels and what music gets to be put out since it is our culture. Right now we have zero control.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Trauma-san

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2005, 06:06:43 PM »

It's like if I were to say that Jay shouldn't act white by dressing in suits and go to meetings now that he runs Def Jam.

There are whites that bastardize hip hop, but there are blacks that do the same thing too.

It's not reverse racism, it's just straight up racism, no matter what colors you're talking about.  Reverse racism doesn't exist. 

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2005, 06:11:58 PM »

It's not reverse racism, it's just straight up racism, no matter what colors you're talking about.  Reverse racism doesn't exist. 

No it isn't. You can't see what he's talking about? It's pretty obvious. For example, picture a white kid, ok he doesn't have to be white, he could be asian, whatever and then he uses the word "nigga" to show everyone how "down" he is. That's the type of shit that Jay-Z is talking about and yes, most black hip hop heads do find that type of shit insulting. There is a huge difference between someone who's real, and I've met plenty of white heads who are real and grewup in the shit, versus someone who tries to act down by talking with a fake accent and saying "nigga" every other word. That's whta he's referring too.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Sikotic™

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2005, 06:16:34 PM »
I like how the article jumps to conclusions and basically puts words in Jay's mouth. I'm not even one to defend this guy, but where does he bash Gwen Stefani and white people with his own words? Mentioning Eminem and saying "holler back", which is said by lots of people, doesn't really prove any racism on Jay's part.

Don't believe everything that's presented to you.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2005, 07:37:46 PM »
I like how the article jumps to conclusions and basically puts words in Jay's mouth. I'm not even one to defend this guy, but where does he bash Gwen Stefani and white people with his own words? Mentioning Eminem and saying "holler back", which is said by lots of people, doesn't really prove any racism on Jay's part.

Don't believe everything that's presented to you.

TRUE INDEED!!!!
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

J Bananas

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2005, 07:41:24 PM »
isnt Jay-Z gonna be helpin out Mike Shinoda (from Linkin Park, who is white) for a rap album or sumthin?

if you dont know the difference between artists and culture vultures ten maybe you just need to take off the sean john and do some homework. it didnt say jay hated hated white people.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »
White rappers and producers r doin a betta job than black people anyway, jus look at Scott Storch and JR, eminem, then u look at luda chingy and Nelly?

lol ok pick the top white producers/rappers then compare em to the weakest black rappers

dr. dre > scott storch
timbaland > jr
nas > eminem
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sikotic™

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2005, 08:32:34 PM »

if you dont know the difference between artists and culture vultures ten maybe you just need to take off the sean john and do some homework. it didnt say jay hated hated white people.

Yeah, Shinoda was a lyricist way before Linkin Park started puttin music out. He's not one of those cats that Juronimo mentioned either.

Fact of the matter is, some asshole wrote a bullshit article and treat it like it's law.

lol ok pick the top white producers/rappers then compare em to the weakest black rappers

dr. dre > scott storch
timbaland > jr
nas > eminem

That still cracks me up lol.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 09:49:47 PM »
What were u thinking when u wrote this? stupid example. Here's three producers better still helping the hip hop game: Dre, quik, timbaland. There is alot of great 'black' underground artists on the west and east. Ras kass, crooked, xzibit, saigion...I will just stop right there. For real WTF were u thinkin before u wrote this?
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

herpes

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2005, 09:58:37 PM »
The president of Def Jam appreciates those white folk who contribute to the scene and culture.......
yeah dumbass, which is an overwhelming percentage, majority of whites buy your garbage so shut up

reasonable doubt >>> any album in your sig