Author Topic: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/  (Read 1492 times)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Re: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2005, 07:09:22 AM »
im sure he wont mind those same white people buying his albums!!!

peace

Of course he won't,

did you see that shit 60 minutes had about him a few years ago where his manager said that 85% of his fans are White and they showed one of his performances and there was barely any black peopole there ?

When i saw that shit it was shocking....................

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2005, 07:48:21 AM »
Jay is right. Whats happening to rap = what happened to rock n roll. The number of people that wanna be down is way higher than the number of people who actually are.

For the guy from the suburbs who loves rap, thats cool, listen to it, enjoy it, love it and all that shit, but just remember that you are not a product of the same environment that made these guys what they are. I remember a time when rap was really the voice of the strets. It spoke to the streets and it spoke for the streets. How many suburban gangsta rappers have you come across these days? Kids tryin to rap about a lifestyle that theyve only heard about in the rap musc they love? Just the fact that that shit is even widespread enough for there to be hollywood feature films about it should tell you something about how much shit like  that is really goin on.

For dude that said whites are making better rap than black people, to quote Snoop," Quit bullshittin witchaself." lol Scott Storch and Eminem, be serious for a minute. Im pretty sure most people here will agree that both of these guys are very talented at what they do, but neither one of them have the soul of a Sean T, Mike Mosely, The Roots, Sam Bostic, Bosko, Battlecat, Quik, Funk Daddy, Messy Marv, San Quinn, Mac Mall, Mac Dre, Nas, Suga Free, KRS One, 8ball, E-40, King Tee, etc,etc,etc. There's a certain level of authenticity that needs to remain a big part of rap. Without it, you are just talkin. Dont get me wrong now, eminem is talented, but why do you think he dont get love in the streets? His skin color probably is a factor, but it is very small compared to other factors like his content, his background, his voice, etc and shit like that. He's not authentic hood music and therefore can never get the love in the streets that somebody like Messy Marv and Turf Talk gets. The hood cant relate to the best white artists (Paul Wall is the exception, boy got spits!) even with Dre to cosign them, like they can relate to a lot of black artists that may or may not be less talented lyrically, but have roots in the hood and can let that aspect shine through their music. Before you send all the hate mail, no I'm not racist and I do believe white people can make solid positive contributions to rap, but like Jay said, its these bandwagon people comin in, capitalizing on it cause its the "in" thing thats fuckin shit up (among other things). Just my pennies...

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2005, 09:46:21 AM »
theres gonna be a lot of butthurt euros on this site
Chuuuuuch
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

mauzip

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2005, 09:50:52 AM »
if you, as a hip hop artist, make songs like "I Just Wanna Love You" & "Change Clothes" and collaborate with white boy group Linkin Park you shouldn't whine about white people talking about hip hop

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2005, 10:39:29 AM »
if you, as a hip hop artist, make songs like "I Just Wanna Love You" & "Change Clothes" and collaborate with white boy group Linkin Park you shouldn't whine about white people talking about hip hop

I thought linkin park was mexicans.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2005, 10:49:52 AM »
^^ you're fucking crazy talking about RD is better then "dogg food" :grumpy:

coming from a guy with Kurupt in his screen name, I guess this was a very objective comment.

RD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DF, 10 times. And I like DF and I´m not a big Jay-Z fan

herpes

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2005, 10:57:36 AM »
^^ you're fucking crazy talking about RD is better then "dogg food" :grumpy:

RD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DF, 10 times. And I like DF and I´m not a big Jay-Z fan

exactly how i feel.... odds are most of these people going on about how much RD sucks have never heard RD except for maybe the songs cant knock the hustle an aint no nigga

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2005, 11:11:46 AM »
id say rd blueprint and black album are all better than dogg food

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2005, 11:12:45 AM »
If I listen to "RD" i'm pretty sure i'll hated and probably fall a sleep.."Dogg Food Is A Classic Album,I still listen to it..& BTW

Dogg Food>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>1,000,000 times better then "Un-RD"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2005, 11:40:37 AM »
If I listen to "RD" i'm pretty sure i'll hated and probably fall a sleep.."Dogg Food Is A Classic Album,I still listen to it..& BTW

Just tell us you like Dogg Food, dont comment on Reasonable Doubt then

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2005, 11:41:26 AM »
And people please read the article first!  The writer is the one that implies racism

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2005, 12:08:27 PM »

Just tell us you like Dogg Food, dont comment on Reasonable Doubt then

i was embarrass to say i have the album,i have heard that album, is garbage,i want to trade it for the new tony yayo album ;D

J Bananas

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2005, 12:49:37 PM »
fuck your opinion and the lakers cracker...juss playin,big up to the lakers, but really u should stop listening to rap

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2005, 01:14:06 PM »
Yeah but he doesnt whine about white people.  Read the god damn article