Author Topic: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/  (Read 1484 times)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
Re: Jay Z not liking white people taking over hiphop/
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2005, 12:19:33 AM »
I never knew Jay-Z got down with reverse racism.

It's like if I were to say that Jay shouldn't act white by dressing in suits and go to meetings now that he runs Def Jam.

There are whites that bastardize hip hop, but there are blacks that do the same thing too.
I never knew that if u wore nice suits and attended meetings u are acting white

Same here

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2005, 01:45:02 AM »
White rappers and producers r doin a betta job than black people anyway, jus look at Scott Storch and JR, eminem, then u look at luda chingy and Nelly?
shut the fuck up rookie.bitch, you makeing your self sound like a racist...ride with your peeps,I understand that.but just dont let bullshit roll out your mouth,son.....you must be a shady-math-unit freak...fucking wigger in denail. 8) 
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2005, 02:57:37 AM »

if your not ghetto dont be ghetto, just spit what you truly feel and think, and people will connect.

Thank you. That shit is so retarded. It seems like every dork, homo and internet geek wants to claim thug shit these days. Its fine to be a dork as long as you dont try to act like somethin else. Just look at Pharrell. He dont try to be no thug. In fact he seems like he takes pride in being the king of the dorks and it loks like its workin out pretty well for him.
So everyone who isnt a thug is labeled as a dork???Great logic ::)

DJ_PK

• 'G'
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2005, 06:21:33 AM »
Music has no colour.

It is heard through the ears, not seen with the eyes.

End of story.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2005, 08:52:18 AM »

if your not ghetto dont be ghetto, just spit what you truly feel and think, and people will connect.

Thank you. That shit is so retarded. It seems like every dork, homo and internet geek wants to claim thug shit these days. Its fine to be a dork as long as you dont try to act like somethin else. Just look at Pharrell. He dont try to be no thug. In fact he seems like he takes pride in being the king of the dorks and it loks like its workin out pretty well for him.
So everyone who isnt a thug is labeled as a dork???Great logic ::)

Thats not what I said, but if it makes you feel better, replace dork with square.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2005, 08:59:09 AM »
LOL jesus white kids are sensetive as fuck these days. He obviously dont mind white kids and their white rap too much cause he did a song with eminem. And besides that, someone buying a cd and trying to make one when they got no business doin so is 2 completely different things. lol "give the white kids their money back." Just because you buy rap cds and enjoy the music, you enjoy dressin the part, reading all the mags and shit, that dont mean you got no business tryin to be a rapper. What Jay said was the equivalent of David Stern saying "If you have no background in basketball, you shouldnt be in the NBA." I enjoy watching basketball, I bought some jersies, I go to the games, I watch it on tv, I play NBA Live, so the fuck what?  That dont mean I deserve a 72 million dollar contract to play for the Warriors, and since they aint gonna give me a contract does that mean they need to refund meverything I ever spent on basketball?

I'm not white so it doesn't do anything to me on a personal level. I hear your point, but the fact is more white people buy rap than black. They are just a bigger audience period. Naturally this is why vanill aice and marky mark had any success whatsoever. Your analogy is flawed because you say they have no business trying to be a rapper..BZZZZ wrong. They can try to be whatever they want. Thats like telling a thug not to try to be a business man. Now if they don't have the marketability (skill, talent, whatever) then they will fail regardless of background and chosen profession. Don't be scurred, they're only white folk.

Yeah, more white kids buy rap music than black folks, but I dont see how purchasing a product (regardless of race) is a qualification to become a rapper. People need to quit with that argument cause one has nothin to do with the other.

My analogy is not flawed, it fits perfectly. Im not saying no white people deserve to be in the game or have any business rapping. I'm talking about anybody who dont have the background. I only talked more about whites because people keep sayin shit like "white kids buy more rap cds than black kids so all white kids who like rap should be rappers."

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2005, 03:17:43 PM »
see theres the flaw, its not about  background. hip hop is an attitude, its who you are. you dont have to be from the streets and thugged out and broke to be involved. its about struggle and persaverence and confidence in who you are. its about poetry and intelligence not being broke. thats just what everybody loves because thats the shit that moves people. those are the poeple who have the stories to tell that people want to listen to and can relate to or want to relate to in some way. i dont wanna hear the bull shit about only the bottom barrell of classes can be hip hop, hip hop has expanded. other people can relate and if you ask anyone involved theyll tell you that its a good thing hip hop has expanded.

ac1386

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2005, 03:25:10 PM »
and no one said all white boys who like rap should rap, but its in no way your right to say that they cant. its so ignorent to think that anyone on this earth is not aloud to try somethin like rapping, they can try if they wnat, the only way your opinion matters in any way is whether or not you want to buy their cd. dont take the mainstream shit so personally no ones out to destroy rap they just doin what they do. people jumping on the "bandwagon," its annoying, i know but you gotta ignore and go on with your life.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2005, 05:47:45 PM »
Background aint important? Well fuck it then, I'm gonna go perform open heart surgery then.

The way I see it, if it aint street shit it aint official. Even the party shit used to be street shit. Anything else is an imitation to me. But to each his own. It dont bother me like you think it does, thats just my pennies...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2005, 07:26:27 PM »
Background aint important? Well fuck it then, I'm gonna go perform open heart surgery then.

The way I see it, if it aint street shit it aint official. Even the party shit used to be street shit. Anything else is an imitation to me. But to each his own. It dont bother me like you think it does, thats just my pennies...

I don't understand what you mean when you say not being able to do something if you don't come from it. You say you shouldn't be in the NBA if you don't come from basketball, but if you are a fan and you buy all the merchandise and watch the games, are you saying you have no right playing the game at all? You don't ever play basketball or shoot around on the hoop. If a white kid from Ohio likes rap and is really into it he should be able to rap if he wants to and if he is very good then I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to make money off his skills.

You say if it isn't from the streets it isn't official. I don't get that either. Going back to basket ball. Basket Ball was created by a Canadian White guy. Should American Black guys not be able to play it because they don't come from the origin. If they are good then they should be able to showcase their talent.

Personally I hate it when white kids that walk slanted wear pants below their and talk with fake accents, but I hate it when black kids do it. It's just the way I feel about the style, but I would never force them not to act the way they wish (unless they were my kids).

I just hopeJay Z realizes that if it weren't for white people with no knowledge of hip hop or the street culture using their dollars and marketing techniques that Jay would still be selling drugs on a street corner.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2005, 05:23:17 PM »
I never knew Jay-Z got down with reverse racism.

It's like if I were to say that Jay shouldn't act white by dressing in suits and go to meetings now that he runs Def Jam.

There are whites that bastardize hip hop, but there are blacks that do the same thing too.
I never knew that if u wore nice suits and attended meetings u are acting white

And I never knew if you wore baggy pants you are acting black, but that seems to be what people think. What Jay said in that interview says to me is if you aren't from the streets, don't act like you are. But he isn't from corprate America, so how the hell is he going to tell someone not to be a certain way? It doesn't make sense at all. It's a double standard.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2005, 01:57:13 PM »

I don't understand what you mean when you say not being able to do something if you don't come from it. You say you shouldn't be in the NBA if you don't come from basketball, but if you are a fan and you buy all the merchandise and watch the games, are you saying you have no right playing the game at all?

Being a fan and purchasing mershandise does not mean you should be participating. Wether they do or not, I really dont give a fuck, but they shouldnt be surprised or offended when they get laughed outta town neither.

You say if it isn't from the streets it isn't official. I don't get that either. Going back to basket ball. Basket Ball was created by a Canadian White guy. Should American Black guys not be able to play it because they don't come from the origin. If they are good then they should be able to showcase their talent.

If you dont get why rap aint official if it aint from the streets, I dont think I got the patience to try to explain it. The heart of the streets is at the heart of rap. Its the essense. Eminem will tell you that. Paul Wall will tell you that. You take the streets away from rap, thats like takin the country out of country music.

You're acting like I said white kids should not participate and thats not what I said. I actually like some of the stuff that the beastie boys and mc serch's of the world have contibuted, but they were not acting like something they weren't or jumping on the bandwagon or just trying to get bitches or none of that type of shit.

I just hopeJay Z realizes that if it weren't for white people with no knowledge of hip hop or the street culture using their dollars and marketing techniques that Jay would still be selling drugs on a street corner.

Off top, jay z didnt say he dont want white people to rap. 2nd, can someone explain to me why everybody keeps bringing up this non-point about white kids buying rap? We all know this shit, but that dont mean that a gang of B-Rad's should be turnin rap into a joke. Fuck it though, it is what it is.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2005, 09:00:19 PM »
If you dont get why rap aint official if it aint from the streets, I dont think I got the patience to try to explain it. The heart of the streets is at the heart of rap. Its the essense. Eminem will tell you that. Paul Wall will tell you that. You take the streets away from rap, thats like takin the country out of country music.

I couldnt've explained it better myself. Great analogy.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2005, 08:42:37 AM »

I don't understand what you mean when you say not being able to do something if you don't come from it. You say you shouldn't be in the NBA if you don't come from basketball, but if you are a fan and you buy all the merchandise and watch the games, are you saying you have no right playing the game at all?

Here's what I said. I was talking about Basketball.

Being a fan and purchasing mershandise does not mean you should be participating. Wether they do or not, I really dont give a fuck, but they shouldnt be surprised or offended when they get laughed outta town neither.

Here's what you said. How am I putting words in your mouth. I almot got offended by your insults about Elvis and Berry towards me, but I rest at ease knowing you are an idiot who makes no sense. Learn to read fuck head.

I'm not arguing that rap isn't from the streets now. I'm arguing why it has to be. Go back20 years and you'll hear major rappers claim that it has tobe from New York, and if it's not it's not real. The LA scene was hated on by New York. Now I understand saying something like you shouldn't act like your from the streets if you aren't, but if some white kid from Ohio wants to gt into music and use samples and a drum machine to make the track like Kraftwerk and Pink Floyd used to in thr late 60s early 70s, and then rhyme very fast over that track like Bob Dylan in the 60s or Aerosmith in the '70s, or even like Gilbert and Sullivan did in the 1890s, then I don't see how that would be a problem.

You're acting like I said white kids should not participate and thats not what I said. I actually like some of the stuff that the beastie boys and mc serch's of the world have contibuted, but they were not acting like something they weren't or jumping on the bandwagon or just trying to get bitches or none of that type of shit.

So by this token you don't like the majority of black rappers who pretend to be something just to make money. Dre was no gangster, he admitted so. Jay Z changes a bit everytime the scene changes. Just wondering if you are consistent.

Now look at Rick Rubin. He was a very big force in rap for a long time. He wasn't from the streets, and he's doneeverything from metal, to funk, to country, and he gets respected in each. Why should we have to label someone and stick them in that label for life.

Off top, jay z didnt say he dont want white people to rap. 2nd, can someone explain to me why everybody keeps bringing up this non-point about white kids buying rap? We all know this shit, but that dont mean that a gang of B-Rad's should be turnin rap into a joke. Fuck it though, it is what it is.

I was talking about White record execs, who know nothing about rap, pouring money into rap to make it commercial.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 08:44:54 AM by Shallow »

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2005, 11:41:27 AM »

Here's what I said. I was talking about Basketball.

Here's what you said. How am I putting words in your mouth. I almot got offended by your insults about Elvis and Berry towards me, but I rest at ease knowing you are an idiot who makes no sense. Learn to read fuck head.

Show me where that says that fans should not participate? How many time do I gotta say the same shit to get this through your thick inbred skull? All I said was buyin fan merchandise does NOT FUCKIN QUALIFY NOBODY TO DO SHIT. EMINEM IS A PISTONS FAN BUT THAT DONT MEAN HE SHOULD BE ON THE COURT WITH EM. Looks like you're the one  that need to learn how to read.

I'm not arguing that rap isn't from the streets now. I'm arguing why it has to be. quote]

It dont have to be but it aint official otherwise.

So by this token you don't like the majority of black rappers who pretend to be something just to make money. Dre was no gangster, he admitted so. Jay Z changes a bit everytime the scene changes. Just wondering if you are consistent.

Exactly. Who likes Dre for his raps anyway? And I never did like jay z but at least they are both from the streets, gangstas or not.

Now look at Rick Rubin. He was a very big force in rap for a long time. He wasn't from the streets, and he's doneeverything from metal, to funk, to country, and he gets respected in each. Why should we have to label someone and stick them in that label for life.[/b]

But he wasnt rappin and he damn sure never tried to act like he was from the hood.

I was talking about White record execs, who know nothing about rap, pouring money into rap to make it commercial.

That still has nothing to do with the topic. So you're sayin rap dont need to be authentic anymore since white people are puttin money into it now? You just talkin out your ass at this point to save face, just ease up cuzzin, take a breath, smoke somethin. I know white people got good weed.