Author Topic: 2 FUCKIN A-W-E-S-O-M-E- ALBUMS ! ! ! ! ! !  (Read 172 times)

Tito

2 FUCKIN A-W-E-S-O-M-E- ALBUMS ! ! ! ! ! !
« on: April 29, 2002, 11:24:13 AM »
I don't know if some members of the board got these 2 TIGHT AS FUCK albums.....i suggest you to pick up both:

*SCRATCH COMANDO "Incredible Djs"
This latest turntablist release from Bomb Hip-Hop, the label credited with the revival of the dj (the Return of the DJ series) showcases the talents of the collective known as Skratch Comando. These three DJ's - DJ Tillo, DJ Marc and DJ None from Lloret de Mar (near Barcelona, Spain) easily hold their own compared to other dj crews like The Allies, Beat Junkies, X-ecutioners and the former Invisibl Skratch Piklz. In fact, on record they actually outshine many of the albums released by US turntablists. Unlike some other DJ albums the production and beats on Incredible DJ's are just as good as their turntable wizardry. The music is a perfect foundation for these DJ's to build their precise scratching and beatjuggling routines upon. After a great intro "DJ's Get The Fuck Up" bursts into play! From then on it's non-stop wikki wikki freeeesh record manipulation. These DJ's cut and weave rare sounds as well as various known vocal phrases like "huh", "ha" and "pump me up". Some sections include the popular "Simon Says" beat by Pharoahe Monch (with the Godzilla sample) spliced in over an ever changing beat to help with the chorus. "Super Fast Track" is a super track with it's b-boy inspired percussion break.

Not only does this album display Skratch Comando's scratching techniques over nicely produced beats and interludes featuring live beatjuggling routines but it also spotlights the trio's group effort. Cutting and playing various sounds (trumpets, drums, shaker, bass) with their turntables and mixers to create a live band-like sound on "Los Tres Magnificos (The Three Kings)", "Turntablist Invasion" and "We Cut the Music". As an added bonus there are guest appearances from Spains’ top rap artists on three of the albums songs, rapping in spanish of course, making you wish you would have paid better attention in high school lanquage class.

www.bombhiphop.com     under new releases

The second one is:

*TURNTABLE "Essence"
Bringing together LA and NY Turntablists-this East meets West Coast showdown features the crème of the American Turntablist community.....

www.x2records.com         for snippet of the album

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

Tito

Re: 2 FUCKIN A-W-E-S-O-M-E- ALBUMS ! ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2002, 12:26:18 AM »
I suggest you to take a few listen in particular to the second album, "Turntable Essence".
This album is not the usual turntable album,is produced by Milan Simich (a great musician ! ! ! ) and there are featurings of Lord Jamar,Dead Prez, and the great Bob James on a duet with Rob swift (this duet is PURE HEAT ! ! !).

This is what Bob james said :"On a completely different note (literally) I recorded a tune with DJ Rob Swift, a hip-hop artist on his own and a member of the group, the Terminators. It was an amazing adventure, I on the Fender Rhodes and he on his turntable. We were brought together by my friend, Milan Simich, Be sure to save your vinyls! There’s plenty of life left in them if Rob is any example!"

Go to their site www.x2records.com
or

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1510553548/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=VA-TURNTABLEESSENCE/itemid=1430360 to listen to the album!

TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT ALBUM......for who loves THE MUSIC,this is a great experience!!!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »