Author Topic: Tony Yayo Says He Wishes He Had Outdone Kanye, 'But I'm #1 In The 'Hood'  (Read 791 times)

Mr. Humonculous

Tony Yayo Says He Wishes He Had Outdone Kanye, 'But I'm #1 In The 'Hood'

Who says gangstas don't dance? Tony Yayo is down with one of the hardest cliques in rap and says there's nothing wrong with enjoying yourself.

"A lot of artists, when they do their music and come aggressive, they put on the screw face and never have no fun. I like to have fun, man. I'm not gonna walk around with the screw face. I like to smile, joke, have fun and dance. But don't think anything funny about it. Don't think anything's sweet or peaches-and-cream."

Yayo actually has a signature dance he calls "The Tony Yayo," for which he waves his hand in front of his face. You probably caught him doing it at this year's VMAs or in his new video for "Curious." Although the movement looks strikingly similar to WWE heavyweight champ John Cena's "You can't see me" move, Yayo says he came up with it after hanging with 50 Cent's little boy, Marques.

"Me and 50's son created that when I was on the run," he explained. "I had nothing better to do. I was in the house, and we was playing around."

Now that he's on parole (see "G-Unit's Tony Yayo Finally Out Of Prison"), Yayo says he can move around, but his five parole officers keep close tabs on him and sometimes make life difficult.

"I think if I was down with Kanye West or Common Sense, I could do more," he said. "But you look at 50 Cent, G-Unit, [Lloyd] Banks, [Young] Buck, we're an aggressive rap group, and the media is hyping things up. Me getting out of jail, it's always a problem for me. Every time 50 is in the paper, parole thinks twice. It's a difference for me."

Yayo recently went head-to-head with Kanye when their albums were released the same day. West debuted in the top slot with Late Registration, while Yayo's Thoughts of a Predicate Felon bowed right below.

"I wanted the number to be a little bit better," he said. "Number two is cool, but I want that #1 spot. Shout out to Kanye, he got the #1, I got #2. But I'm #1 in the 'hood."

As for his squad, Yayo says G-Unit just collaborated for a mixtape catered toward the 'hood and have an LP — as do Mobb Deep and M.O.P. — coming down the pike.

"We're all in the studio," Yayo said. "It's crazy. You've got [Prodigy], Billy [Danzenie], [Lil'] Fame. Me and Banks might be laying our verses and [Havoc] and P go do something in another studio and run back. Everybody was working. Mobb Deep got their album done, M.O.P. is working on their album, we got a soundtrack done. It came to a point where I was getting mad. I was trying to get some studio time and Banks is in there. Come back the next day, Hav is in there, Buck is in there. These dudes is beasts. We love making music. It's not like there is a pressure on us, we [just] love vibing."

Yayo's next single is going to be "I Know You Don't Love Me" with 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks and Young Buck.

— Shaheem Reid
mtv.com

Okka

Re: Tony Yayo Says He Wishes He Had Outdone Kanye, 'But I'm #1 In The 'Hood'
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 04:49:52 AM »
Hahahahahahahahahahhhhhhh

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 04:56:22 AM »
lol,why didnt he comment the overall sales of his album,he aint even gold yet :laugh:

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 04:57:30 AM »
somebody shoot him plz!
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 05:45:46 AM »
he's a joke, whats he doing hangin out with 50's kid? babysitting? 1st he was saying how he's down with the number 1 team and they always winning, now he saying that he would have done better if he was down with common or kanye? talk about contradictions.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 05:55:49 AM »
Damn, that shit is hilarious.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 06:09:49 AM »
lol @ this dude sayin he wouldve done more with Kanye & Common. WOW! i slowly lost all respect for yayo over the last few months. i look at this cat as a joke now

and does yayo realize that 50's son is a kid...kids watch wrestling...maybe thats where he got it from
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 06:23:20 AM »
Yayo's a loser.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 07:15:22 AM »
lol,why didnt he comment the overall sales of his album,he aint even gold yet :laugh:

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 08:16:38 AM »
i gotta say this because everyone else does when a g unit article  comes out but how come spider loc isnt in the studio??

ABN

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 08:30:12 AM »
i gotta say this because everyone else does when a g unit article  comes out but how come spider loc isnt in the studio??
coz he´s only their bodyguard..........

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 08:31:37 AM »

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 08:33:05 AM »
"A lot of artists, when they do their music and come aggressive, they put on the screw face and never have no fun. I like to have fun, man. I'm not gonna walk around with the screw face. I like to smile, joke, have fun and dance. But don't think anything funny about it. Don't think anything's sweet or peaches-and-cream."

Whooooohoooo, girls just wanna have fuuuhuun!!!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 09:10:33 AM »

Whooooohoooo, girls just wanna have fuuuhuun!!!

LOL

Yayo really likes to hear himself talk. :psych:

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 09:14:03 AM »
I'm #1 in the 'hood."

What hood? You cant be #1 in any hood in the Yay and be rappin that captain ass shit that was in that other thread. Must be a east coast hood, they like that ho savin music out there.