Author Topic: What do yall think about reggaeton?  (Read 447 times)

PLANT

Re: What do yall think about reggaeton?
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2005, 06:57:27 PM »
Id rather listen to babies crying and farting.

Pick up Eminems latest album.

LOL!

LatinoThugPassion

• 'G'
  • Theze Nuttz
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2005, 10:18:05 PM »
to homie who said fuck it cause its not in english newsflash thats a form of LATINO music
it wasnt ment to be in english you dumb fuck. reggaetons been around since 92 it just got mainstream in 2003 thats all

I'm sure it was around even before then, in Central America and Puerto Rico.

Yeah your right SGV it was around since 1988 it got started by a puerto rican who went to visit family in newyork for the summer when he came back they started doin hip hop in puerto rico but in 1990 vico C changed it some by mixing reggaeroots for it and recorded the first reggaeton "si soy de la calle"
which i got on mp3 if theres a way to show people' and then in 1992 DJ playero released the first reggaeton mixtape which also had latin rappers flowing over krs one beats and house of pain
Latin Thug Passion

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2005, 11:04:08 PM »
Fucks SPM, that dude is wack, shouldnt even be considered along the likes of B-Real, Big Pun, or AZ

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2005, 05:36:24 AM »
Ive been listening to a couple reggaeton cd's and i must say reggaeton is the shit!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2005, 07:58:34 AM »
to homie who said fuck it cause its not in english newsflash thats a form of LATINO music
it wasnt ment to be in english you dumb fuck. reggaetons been around since 92 it just got mainstream in 2003 thats all

okay then keep that shiet off of ENGLISH radio stations
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

SGV

« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2005, 09:42:48 AM »

Yeah your right SGV it was around since 1988 it got started by a puerto rican who went to visit family in newyork for the summer when he came back they started doin hip hop in puerto rico but in 1990 vico C changed it some by mixing reggaeroots for it and recorded the first reggaeton "si soy de la calle"
which i got on mp3 if theres a way to show people' and then in 1992 DJ playero released the first reggaeton mixtape which also had latin rappers flowing over krs one beats and house of pain

I never got into Playerto until about 1997/8. Playero 41 was my shit.

okay then keep that shiet off of ENGLISH radio stations

Then keep English music off of SPANISH stations. Cmon G, you're lookin' real dumb right now with this.

youngmessnucca

« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2005, 12:11:41 PM »
that We Be Burnin is hot as hell.....do yall consider that reggatone or dancehall?

SGV

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2005, 02:24:56 PM »
that We Be Burnin is hot as hell.....do yall consider that reggatone or dancehall?

By Sean Paul? That's Dancehall. Why would you consider it Reggaeton?

youngmessnucca

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2005, 03:10:06 PM »
i cant really tell the difference

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2005, 03:21:26 PM »
i cant really tell the difference

Dancehall is Jamaican, closely related to ragga and basically a simplified uptempo version of reggae with monotonous hiphop-like beats. Reggaeton is similar in a way, but it´s latino and usually in spanish. Both very simple, but if you like them pretty danceable

'EclipZe

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2005, 12:10:25 PM »
Dancehall outplays Reggaeton at the places I go out 2, just goddamn tight music  :D

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2005, 12:19:14 PM »
I can't stand it. Just gets extremely boring after a while, mainly because to me it all just sounds the same.

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2005, 09:20:23 PM »
yeah dancehall and regeatton is old,i use to listen to that shit like 15 years ago shit like Shaba ranks,Chaka Demus and the Pliers,Shaggy(he's been doin music since 93),Beenie man,shit is still cool  8)