Author Topic: what are your thoughts on Erykah Badu - Baduizm.  (Read 171 times)

We Fly High

what are your thoughts on Erykah Badu - Baduizm.
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:23:32 PM »
god i fucking love this album, one of the best in recent times in my opinion.. every song on there is hella good.very consistent, i can easily listen all the way through.

highlights for me are on and on, otherside of the game, next lifetime, and certainly(flipped it)....

she just brought on a whole new style when this album came out. and its like the one of the best loungin around albums ever..
shit to just get high as fuck listening to..

ive seen her live only once, but it was hella short too, she came out to perform with Common when they were still going out, that was a pretty crazy thing to see to see them two together on stage. anyways what do you guys think of this album?

$do11a biLL$

Re: what are your thoughts on Erykah Badu - Baduizm.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:14:26 PM »
That album was hot i used to bump that shit a long time ago its one of the albums that influenced me to start playing the bass.

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 06:28:40 PM »
Thats a CLASSIC album!! one of the albums that got me into neo-soul music...On & On is such a great track !!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 09:46:49 PM »
The first time I saw her, I was over at my friends house recording some music in his garage, on a little 4 track tape recorder.  He had just got sattelitte cable, and was showing off MTV2, which had just came out.  The video for "On and On" came on, and at first I thought "this is gonna be wack" but I was pleasantly proven wrong.  Erykah is one of the things that's great about modern music, she's really inspired and a great musician... she still makes music for ALL of the right reasons, and even though she's not firmly in my style of music, she has a style and presence that's a flashback and progressive at the same time.  I loved her in that video where she was rapping in the hall, banging on the wall and shit, the one with Common I think.  Love of my Life?  I think that was the one.  "Next Lifetime" is a great track, and I have strong memories of crusin' around the beach with a friend of mine while she played me "Call Tyrone" for the first time, which I thought was great. 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 09:51:13 PM »
I like mamas gun better...

dray

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 11:01:18 PM »
classic album.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 11:06:19 PM »
I never liked "On and On" back in the day, but I may give her album a second chance, I was only 14 when she came out, and I wasn't into anything conscious back in the day.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 01:31:46 AM »
The woman is one of kind.great talent,classic album,and some classic singles... and  a nice little ass,I would love to fuck...dat girl fine yall. 8)
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 01:33:53 AM »
any pics of her anybody. :bandit:
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 01:40:22 AM »
classic album...the last album of hers i checked though too...i should probably check the stuff she's put out since then

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 01:43:45 AM »
yeah its nice.. that baduizm live album is cool too.. i got all her stuff  :)

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 09:02:05 AM »
Anything she touches turns classic. Baduizm was just what music needed at the time it came out.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 11:01:22 AM »
Yeah, real dope album, one of my smoking weed in the summertime albums.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 07:02:55 PM »
Classic album. 8) 8)
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 08:54:48 PM »
On & On was a classic.  Never heard the whole album though.  I'll have to cop it.
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"