Author Topic: Decks verse on Truimph  (Read 194 times)

wcsoldier

Re: Decks verse on Truimph
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2005, 01:45:29 PM »
Ghostface better than GZA ? That would be a joke. Plus, RZA as a mc better than Method Man ...

Its close between Ghost and GZA. Their both the most consistent of the group and are incredibale artists. I say Ghost because he has more diverse style...and yes the RZA is a better artist overall then Method Man...Does Meth produce???Also, meth is the best in the group when he wants too but he is not very consistent. If he was, he would probably be on of the best in the group.
ok for RZA I thought you were talking about mc wise. Though for me GZA Lyrics > Killah one and same thing for the flow. Since I'm a GZA fan and can't stand Face voice , my quote may be subjective...

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2005, 02:13:07 PM »
Lyrically Inspectah Deck will always be one of the better members from the Wu-Tang.He always comes tight on Wu joints & collaborations but never comes that good on his own solo projects.& why the hell is Masta Killa so underrated???He's so fuckin talented,I cant believe people sleep on him.Anyways here's my list when it comes to skills on the mic:
Ghostface Killah
GZA & Masta Killa (its a draw for me,cant decide who's better)
Inspectah Deck
Raekwon
Method Man
RZA
Cappadonna
U-God
Ol' Dirty Bastard
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 02:17:49 PM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 02:27:18 PM »
i rate Deck higher than some of y'all, i agree with rastaman, imo he's always been one of the better members, better than Masta Killa, ODB and UGod, and Cappa imo...

and yeah, that verse and his verse from Protect Ya Neck are probably my 2 faves of his...   

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2005, 03:24:26 PM »
Deck is easily better than Masta Killa, U-God, Cappa, and as an MC, ODB

U-God yes... But the others? No. Maybe Cappadonna, but that's a hugemaybe. Overall ODB and Masta Killa are much better... IMO.

I canīt see how you can see Deck and Cappa in the same league. Just compare the two verses on Triumph, and it ainīt like thatīs THAT exceptional for either. Those two verses are abhout 7 leagues from each other

as for Masta Killa, heīs overrated IMO. His album was dope, yes, but a lot of his shit doesnīt really flow and rhyme that well and it sounds more intelligent than it is. Again, Triumph is a nice example:
The track renders helpless and suffers from multiple stab wounds
and leaks sounds that's heard
ninety-three million miles away from came one
to represent the Nation, this is a gathering
of the masses that come to pay respects to the Wu-Tang Clan

the beginning shows it best, but it kinda goes for the whole verse: The rhyme structure is weird and itīs impossible to really flow. I get that feeling a lot listening to him

as for ODB, he may rest in peace and he was a great entertainer and pretty creative, too. Thatīs why I said MC-wise, referring to flow, rhymes, lyrics, content and so on. I can def see how you like him more, but judging from his lyrical qualities he was very far from Deck

and that is what Deck lacks IMO: charisma. You rarely hear him and think "damn, thatīs vintage Deck once again" He comes a lot closer to a talented, but nondescript rapper than most of the clan. Meth is the opposite, he can say one word and itīs irreplaceable. If we talked only rhyme structures and lyrical complexity, Deck > Meth though, only overall Meth seems so much more well-rounded and unique. Itīs kind of similar for Ghost, Rae & RZA (as a rapper of course). Only lyricist thatīs CLEARLY better than Deck technically is GZA IMO. The rest of those I would call "better" basically are "better" for their overall appearance and style, but not for rhyming tighter and writing better lyrics

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 03:44:45 PM »
^ I agree

Here is my list MC wise (rythming,flow)...

1.GZA
2.Inspecta Deck
3.Ghostface
4.Method Man
5.Raekwon the Chef
6.RZA
7.Masta Killa
8.ODB
9.Cappadona
10.U-GOD

PLANT

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 03:51:28 PM »
Deck is one of my fav members.....  I used to have "Uncontrolled Substance", that was a a dope album...Anyone remember that Word on The Street track, that shit was a banger. 

My list goes like this

GZA
Raekwon
Ghost
Deck
RZA
Meth
ODB
Cappadonna
U-God
Masta Killa
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 04:06:25 PM by PLANT »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 04:04:15 PM »
^ I agree

Here is my list MC wise (rythming,flow)...

1.GZA
2.Inspecta Deck
3.Ghostface
4.Method Man
5.Raekwon the Chef
6.RZA
7.Masta Killa
8.ODB
9.Cappadona
10.U-GOD

good list, mine would be exactly the same except I would exchange Rae and Meth

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 04:06:12 PM »
i really can't understand yall thinking Masta Killa ain't the weakest.  Dude don't have near a flow that comes close to any of his Wu-cohorts.  I think it was maybe one song on their first cd that i gave him a pass (i think it was Wu-tang Clan Ain't Nothing to Fuck Wit', i know they had a video for it) and that was only because he flowed like Meth on it.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2005, 04:12:05 PM »
^^ his flow is not always that weak and he does have a certain kind of creativity unlike U-God and Cappa who are slightly more consistent but just boring