Author Topic: Black Panther Party back in the day.........  (Read 337 times)

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Black Panther Party back in the day.........
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2005, 07:28:46 AM »
Copy and pasting articles is something I dislike to do. I like to bring everything across with my own style, and if people don't feel it then so be it. One thing be told though, I really don't get how you can possibly not understand how these types of organisations are racist, it's a fucking given to me, not even anything to have an argument about. Maybe that is because you define "being racist" differently. Do you define it like "being a fucking asshole who needs to die", and think that those people had a point and a reason to act like they acted? That's ok then. But I don't define "being racist" like that. Those people united because of race-related issues and fighted another race because of race-related issues, which makes them racist. Whether they had a reason to do so or were just plain assholes is irrelevant to the fact that they were indeed racist.
Tru i can see where you coming from but i guess at the end of the day a topic such as this there is no sraight answer.There might have been some rasicm issues with in the Black Panther Party  but I wouldn't include the Black Panther Party in the same category as the KKK though because of what their goals were..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2005, 10:38:03 AM »
Copy and pasting articles is something I dislike to do. I like to bring everything across with my own style, and if people don't feel it then so be it. One thing be told though, I really don't get how you can possibly not understand how these types of organisations are racist, it's a fucking given to me, not even anything to have an argument about. Maybe that is because you define "being racist" differently. Do you define it like "being a fucking asshole who needs to die", and think that those people had a point and a reason to act like they acted? That's ok then. But I don't define "being racist" like that. Those people united because of race-related issues and fighted another race because of race-related issues, which makes them racist. Whether they had a reason to do so or were just plain assholes is irrelevant to the fact that they were indeed racist.
Tru i can see where you coming from but i guess at the end of the day a topic such as this there is no sraight answer.There might have been some rasicm issues with in the Black Panther Party  but I wouldn't include the Black Panther Party in the same category as the KKK though because of what their goals were..

Yea, it's like this: the San Antonio Spurs are on a whole other level compared to the Atlanta Hawks. Still, they're both NBA teams. NowhatImsayin?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2005, 12:21:24 PM »

Actually the Klans goals when created weren't any worse than the Black Panthers. Upon the first official KKK the puposes were;

First: To protect the weak, the innocent, and the defenseless from the indignities, wrongs and outrages of the lawless, the violent and the brutal; to relieve the injured and oppressed; to succor the suffering and unfortunate, and especially the widows and orphans of the Confederate soldiers.

Second: To protect and defend the Constitution of the United States ...

Third: To aid and assist in the execution of all constitutional laws, and to protect the people from unlawful seizure, and from trial except by their peers in conformity with the laws of the land.

The Panthers' mission statement was;

We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
We want full employment for our people.
We want an end to the robbery by the white man of our Black Community.
We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present-day society.
We want all black men to be exempt from military service.
We want an immediate end to police brutality and murder of black people.
We want freedom for all black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
We want all black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their black communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace.

When the Klan first started it was a social club, but when it first becae political it was to defend their own souther confederate people from the evils caused by the invading North. In both cases it wasa group of people trying to protect their status and better their lives. It was Klan members that later took it a few steps ahead, but there were many Panther members that went too far as well. The second Klan adopted many of the tactics the first Klan was not supposed to be about.

In my opinion both first and second Klan were racists and so were the Panthers. I disagree personaly with every aspect of both. However I understand that the first whites that joined the Klan did so because they though it was eccesary to survive, just like the first blacks that joined the Panthers.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2005, 01:01:11 PM »
We want freedom for all black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.

LMAO
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2005, 03:18:25 PM »
yea, black panthers seem like a bunch of crazy violent motherfuckers. i dont recpect anyone that uses violence to get their point across, and those points that shallow posted, some of them are rediculous.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2005, 01:30:43 AM »
yea, black panthers seem like a bunch of crazy violent motherfuckers. i dont recpect anyone that uses violence to get their point across, and those points that shallow posted, some of them are rediculous.

well seeing how the blacks were treated back in those days, i really dont blame them for using violence to get their point across sometimes...