Author Topic: Is Nostalgia Good For The Soul?  (Read 114 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Is Nostalgia Good For The Soul?
« on: September 27, 2005, 08:44:40 PM »
Is nostalgia good or bad for us?

Reminiscing on back in the day can help us perserve who we are, and remind us of where we've been, where we are going, and put new trials and situations in perspective.  It can also provide us with a brief moment of composure, amidst the rush of the day.  There's also an innocence and peacefullness about 'back in the day' that maybe we've lost or we are afraid of losing. 

The bad part is that there is a theory out there that we can be so nostalgic about our pasts that reality becomes distorted.  Not only that, we remember things as being much better than they really were, and our past as well is put into a skewed context.

What ya'll think?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

WestCoasta

Re: Is Nostalgia Good For The Soul?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 08:50:50 PM »
we remember things as being much better than they really were
I find that true, sometimes when I think back I think how good somethin was and then I realize that particular time wasn't all that great after all, probably just the moment was the good thing, and the time wasn't

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 06:24:55 AM »
I never become happy when I think back. No matter if it's about a good or not so good experience. If it's bad one, I ain't happy cause it sucked. If it's a good one, I ain't happy cause it's over.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

herpes

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 10:02:40 AM »
Nostalgia is good depending on where you currently are in your life.  when i think back i get depressed b/c it really was that good for me.  For me nostalgia isnt good but at the same time its all i have.  everyone is different

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 10:32:58 AM »
nostalgia sells $$$$$$$$$$