Author Topic: Mariah Carey workin with....  (Read 439 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Mariah Carey workin with....
« on: April 23, 2002, 12:06:08 PM »
Dj Quik...here is the news from MTV.com

DJ Quik has joined the list of Mariah Carey's collaborators for her next effort.

On Monday, the West Coast MC/ beat miner said he had already completed a track where he took the diva "to the club."

"[I took her] to the low riders," Quik said of the still-untitled track's beat. "It's 808-thick."

Quik's going back in the lab with Mariah soon to record a ballad, he said.

"Mariah is serious," he observed. "It's funny, I didn't get a chance to do her vocals, but I like how she takes the recording process seriously. She's not in there lollygagging, wasting time. She's in there writing harmonies with her girls. It was real cool.

"It don't hurt that she's real fine," he added. "She's real easy on the eyes."

Last week, Murder Inc. producer 7 Aurelius (Ja Rule, Jennifer Lopez, Ashanti) said that he, too, had been in the studio working with the multiplatinum pop queen (see "Mariah Carey Records In Bahamas With Live Band, Strips Down With 7").

Carey is indeed working on a new LP, Mariah's spokesperson said, but she's still talking to labels and has neither a home for the record nor a release date. Quik said that when the album does come out, Carey should be able to bounce back from the jeers she received over her last project, the soundtrack to "Glitter."

"I think 'Glitter' was a hoax," Quik said. "In my opinion, I think she got caught in something that just didn't work. I think it was partially timing, too, and the fact [there weren't any] really strong singles.

"I think she can come back," he continued. "Her fans should allow her one wack album. They allowed me one."

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Big_Loco_FME

Re: Mariah Carey workin with....
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2002, 01:37:29 PM »

"I think she can come back," he continued. "Her fans should allow her one wack album. They allowed me one."

Since when did Quik have a wack album? His shit is all bomb to me.

southbound

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Take it DEEP!
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2002, 01:39:39 PM »
thats good news, but i agree wit big loc when did quik have a bad cd? all his shit is bangin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2002, 08:48:18 PM »
LOL... I guess that's what Quik was talking about. We don't even know when he has a bad album, 'cause we into his shit. But if anyone knows what's he talking about, let me know. Is he talking about 2nd II None, 'cause they tight too.

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2002, 08:54:51 PM »
But if anyone knows what's he talking about, let me know.

I think he was referring to the "Balance and Options" album...

Dedicato

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • AFTERMATH MUSIC
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2002, 11:53:03 PM »
Damn! Carey and Quik?

Tito

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2002, 01:09:43 AM »
Good news.....finally more $$$ for mr.quikster,he desrve it!!!!!

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2002, 01:35:31 AM »
Quik's really getting his name out there, can't say i'm a big mariah fan but i'm sure he'll bring something dope to the table.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2002, 06:24:35 AM »
Good news.....finally more $$$ for mr.quikster,he desrve it!!!!!

oh i really don'y get nobody on this board...all other rappaz get called shit for workin wit pop artsists...and i get called their dick ridaz cos i say they're only tryna make money...but i guess since quik is west and sort of a legend it's ok iz it? it always seems that way...its all the same ppl postin on this thread sayin 'oh shit this shud be good, more money for quik' u the same ppl that were callin nelly for makin hip hop 2 comercial....the same with others...u know it really pisses me off how it's one tjhing for 1 rappa and a different rule for a rappa u like....

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2002, 08:12:41 AM »
Come on lets be honest, Mariah Carey has worked with so many rappers now that it would be stupid for her to release an album without some appearances from rappers. It is not the same as Nelly doing a track with N Sync because Mariah Carey is a bit like R Kelly in that she can be Rnb but then she still does those crappy ballads. N Sync are just some crappy pop band and Nelly is a commercial twat.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2002, 12:05:38 PM »
Come on lets be honest, Mariah Carey has worked with so many rappers now that it would be stupid for her to release an album without some appearances from rappers. It is not the same as Nelly doing a track with N Sync because Mariah Carey is a bit like R Kelly in that she can be Rnb but then she still does those crappy ballads. N Sync are just some crappy pop band and Nelly is a commercial twat.

it duzn't make no difference...ppl weren't hatin on nelly for workin with sum shitty pop group...they were hatin on him for mixin pop and rap and making rap too commercial...which is exactly what quik iz doin here...so come on let's be honest...the same thing u hatin nelly for is exactly what quiks gonna b doin....stop stickin up for him and just admit it...like i am a quik fan but can admit it...and it don't bother me at all it just pisses me off how ppl react differently when their fav rappaz doin the same shit the shittier ones are doin...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2002, 12:22:00 PM »

it duzn't make no difference...ppl weren't hatin on nelly for workin with sum shitty pop group...they were hatin on him for mixin pop and rap and making rap too commercial...which is exactly what quik iz doin here...so come on let's be honest...the same thing u hatin nelly for is exactly what quiks gonna b doin....stop stickin up for him and just admit it...like i am a quik fan but can admit it...and it don't bother me at all it just pisses me off how ppl react differently when their fav rappaz doin the same shit the shittier ones are doin...

man stop trippin dawg, west coast gettin some loves be proud, i only comes now n agen anyways

peace

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2002, 11:15:04 PM »
yeah but the difference is quik has put out quality work for how many years now? he's beyond deserving a big payoff. shit i hope warren gives her a beat.

BL7

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2002, 06:26:32 AM »

I think he was referring to the "Balance and Options" album...

I heard he said ''Rhythm-al-ism is his worst work yet''. I think that's bullshit because ''Rhythm-al-ism and ''Safe & Sound'' are his two best albums.

4 KiN L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Me Beamer...
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2002, 12:30:09 AM »

man stop trippin dawg, west coast gettin some loves be proud, i only comes now n agen anyways

peace

i aint trippin...like i said i don't give a fuck who quik worx with...i don't care how comercial rap goes...it's just the ppl on this board are when it aint west coast artists who be doin it...but when they do they alwayz fuckin agree...it pissiz me off.

and jerome chickenbone...like i sed i don't care...ur rite he has put out quality work for many years...but the people on this board never talk about quality work and shit when it cums to this subject they just preach that if a rappa be mixin his music with pop then he's wack...and that's how it goes with them...but as soon as it's a westcoast artist they have luvved for years it seems 2 be different...EVEN THOUGH THEY R DOIN THE SAME FUCKIN THING

like i say i don't care how commercial it gets coz it makes no difference to the music i like...it's just thge way ppl talk shit that makes me so fuckin mad  >:(