Author Topic: Beethoven, Bach, Mozart- Straight Wack!!!  (Read 1625 times)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Beethoven, Bach, Mozart- Straight Wack!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2002, 03:09:50 PM »
what am i denying,lol

1. You Denying The Fact That You're Bein Childish By Callin Me That.. ( i just replied to your childish post where u called me "a funny little piece"

2. You're Denying The Fact That Mozart Rightfully Cant Be Called Genius, Cuz We Dont Know Much About The Cmposers That Lived During His Era... We Know Max 30-40 Composers From That 40 Year Period, Witch Cant Make Us Entitled T Determine Whever He Was Better Than The Other Composers Living During His Era Or Not.

3. You're Denying The Fact That Even Though You Have A Musical Schoolarship, It Doesnt Neccecarily Means That You're The Most Educated Person Here And That Everything You Say Is Correct, And That Wer're Wrong If We Dont Agree

4. You're Denying The Fact That A Person Doesnt Have To Be Familar With Classical Music To Produce Dope Ass BEats...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2002, 04:17:01 PM »
from that post you just proved how much you are in denile amongst other things (ignorant, liar, desperate, and foolish)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2002, 04:18:44 PM »
LOL, this thread is turnin into something else lol

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2002, 04:22:49 PM »

1. You Denying The Fact That You're Bein Childish By Callin Me That.. ( i just replied to your childish post where u called me "a funny little piece"

2. You're Denying The Fact That Mozart Rightfully Cant Be Called Genius, Cuz We Dont Know Much About The Cmposers That Lived During His Era... We Know Max 30-40 Composers From That 40 Year Period, Witch Cant Make Us Entitled T Determine Whever He Was Better Than The Other Composers Living During His Era Or Not.

3. You're Denying The Fact That Even Though You Have A Musical Schoolarship, It Doesnt Neccecarily Means That You're The Most Educated Person Here And That Everything You Say Is Correct, And That Wer're Wrong If We Dont Agree

4. You're Denying The Fact That A Person Doesnt Have To Be Familar With Classical Music To Produce Dope Ass BEats...

1. you just admitted how paranoid and defensive you are, all i said is 'you are a funny little peice' in american slang that just means your a funny dude, you humor me, meaning you make me chuckle

2. you just admitted how ignorant you are, because that whole statement/theory is false and if you studied more about these artists you wouldn't be saying that

3. you're desperate, the only person here that's even on my level and visa versa about music, which most people will admit is trauma, and everything i say he agrees with , and most of the people that agree with you think snoop is the best rapper ever

4. your a liar, becuase i never said that. But if i did it is true, and scientifically proven that if you listen to classical music as a young child u will succeed more in life

infinite59

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2002, 06:09:56 PM »
infinate with all due respect and no beef....BUT

this is THE MOST:BLATENTELY IGNORANT, CLOSED MINDED,HISTERICLE, RETARDED, DUMBEST, GAYEST, FUNNIEST, BIASED, PLUS MANY MORE NEGATIVE ADJECTIVES.....things i've ever read, (i'm not dissing you AT ALL) but this really deteriorates ALOT of your other philosopies as well

like the other homie said , if composing THE BEST melodies ever and being deaf ain't genius i don't know what is, lol dude straight up u need to get your mind in check a lil bit

Okay...... I will compromise with you and say that it isn't wack, it's incredible music, however, it has been glorified, while hip-hop has been demonized, so I am standing up on behalf of hip-hop............

Jake, check this out, here is what you aren't understanding.  American culture is unique, in that our music in the 20's, began to divide across opposing races and classes, due to the Industrial Revolution and America's rise to power.  CD's, Albums, Records, also became avalaible for purchase.  So instead of being in the 1800's and having some 7 composers to choose from, you now have hundreds of artists and sounds to choose from.  Today's music, is not a sign of decreased musical intelligence, but rather an advance in technology, increase in consumerism, and a seperation of races and classes.  Therefore your whole argument bastardizing and degrading hip-hop music because it isn't like European influenced classical music is bogus, and completely ridiculous.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2002, 07:57:14 PM »
Wow infinite, pretty bold statements. I'm hip hop till I die, but being that I have some piano background from when I was younger, I gotta say that Mozart is amazing. I don't know too much about Bach, beethoven, ect, but Mozart was so far ahead of his time, it is insane. I'm a closet classical fan due to my musical upbringing, and I think you were way off with your initial statements. At least about Mozart. I would rate him one of my all time fave musicians. Next to Dre of course:)

infinite59

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2002, 08:07:32 PM »
Wow infinite, pretty bold statements. I'm hip hop till I die, but being that I have some piano background from when I was younger, I gotta say that Mozart is amazing. I don't know too much about Bach, beethoven, ect, but Mozart was so far ahead of his time, it is insane. I'm a closet classical fan due to my musical upbringing, and I think you were way off with your initial statements. At least about Mozart. I would rate him one of my all time fave musicians. Next to Dre of course:)

Yeah, my initial statements were to attract attention to the thread, but I honestly believe that Dre, Em, 2pac, Primo, Rza, those guys are on the same level as Beathoven and the leading musicians of those times, but it's a different world today, and the music and culture is a reflection of that.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2002, 08:16:18 PM »
^^ I agree. I would rate Dre on the same page as a mozart personally. I was just sounding off in support of those other musicians.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2002, 08:49:06 PM »

1. you just admitted how paranoid and defensive you are, all i said is 'you are a funny little peice' in american slang that just means your a funny dude, you humor me, meaning you make me chuckle

2. you just admitted how ignorant you are, because that whole statement/theory is false and if you studied more about these artists you wouldn't be saying that

3. you're desperate, the only person here that's even on my level and visa versa about music, which most people will admit is trauma, and everything i say he agrees with , and most of the people that agree with you think snoop is the best rapper ever

4. your a liar, becuase i never said that. But if i did it is true, and scientifically proven that if you listen to classical music as a young child u will succeed more in life

why dont we tel trauma speak on this....???

the onöy overrated guy i know is you, and you're overrated by-yourself....
u're saying that what i say is bullshit, can u specify or do yu think im speaking 100% bulls like chicago...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2002, 09:16:27 PM »

Okay...... I will compromise with you and say that it isn't wack, it's incredible music, however, it has been glorified, while hip-hop has been demonized, so I am standing up on behalf of hip-hop............

Jake, check this out, here is what you aren't understanding.  American culture is unique, in that our music in the 20's, began to divide across opposing races and classes, due to the Industrial Revolution and America's rise to power.  CD's, Albums, Records, also became avalaible for purchase.  So instead of being in the 1800's and having some 7 composers to choose from, you now have hundreds of artists and sounds to choose from.  Today's music, is not a sign of decreased musical intelligence, but rather an advance in technology, increase in consumerism, and a seperation of races and classes.  Therefore your whole argument bastardizing and degrading hip-hop music because it isn't like European influenced classical music is bogus, and completely ridiculous.

your missng the point, the whole point is , unlike todays music, beetoven, Bach, Mozart had no blue print, they created their own templates of art. plus if you look at any of their tabs or notes it is by far some of the best, most complex, melodic, and intellegent which bars of melodies in ONE song could expand for 20 pages compared to modern music mostly hip hop which is lucky to even fill up a quarter of a page with melodies ....and  half the time the melodies arn't original!

also today's music is lucky if it has a shelf life for 3 months where as ALL of the works of thos famous composers have lasted for centuries

its almost insane to put eminem up there with Bach,lol, that's like putting Hoobastank up there with Aerosmith or sum 41 up with Metallica or better yet 98 degrees up there with the Beatles

i can see where your  coming from .......your a big fan of this genre (rap) and like it better than any other genre. so if YOU like it, it must be the best and if you don't like something else it must be bad...sorry doesn't work that way. i'm not dissing you it's only natural for humans to feel that way about certain things

and as far as your theory of freedom of choice.....that's a sad comparison.....theres more choices, yah , but for some reason theres less great work. I don't know if you knew this or not but the reason why there were limited choices back in the days was becuase if you sucked, you were killed or sent to work as a farmer. so actuallly making music for the king could be looked at as a filtration system

but infinate, what you are saying like this man, bob ross (that old white painter guy on tv with the afro) is just as good as Michaelangelo , because he can draw a good Pine tree

infinite59

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2002, 11:38:33 PM »

and as far as your theory of freedom of choice.....that's a sad comparison.....theres more choices, yah , but for some reason theres less great work. I don't know if you knew this or not but the reason why there were limited choices back in the days was becuase if you sucked, you were killed or sent to work as a farmer. so actuallly making music for the king could be looked at as a filtration system

Jake, I can't argue with you unless you point out facts, so I stripped your reply of all the waste, and kept the substance, so I can respond.  You saying that the reason for limited choices back in the baroque and classical periods was because you were killed if you sucked... LMFAO!!!!!! No, actually, there was alot of folk music being sung, like "Ohh Brother Where Art Thou" type shit, and other music was made, but the resources and instruments were scarce, other than the piano, and you couldn't record anything onto a tape, and you couldn't make money off your music unless you were one of the 7 or so elite composers of the day.

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2002, 05:31:12 AM »
dre is not on the same level as mozart... lets explain it like this

DRE samples all of his music... despite the fact that he doesnt use samples anymore he still in essence does the same

his most classic beats are not even changed up, nothing but a G thang, gz and hustaz, next episode was completely jacked, etc

the albums he makes now that are supposedly sample free, dont contain any previously heard samples but now he has a bunch of musicians jam, and make melodies which he loops and samples... he still samples just not in the same way he prviously did

mozart bach whoever on the otherhand sat down with a pen and wrote music onto paper completely on their own.  they composed melodies in their head and wrote it on paper, and extremely complex melodies at that... im not a classical fanatic a lot of it is amazing...

they not only wrote the music but they thought out every small detail, it wasn't just a composition for a piano they wrote for whole orchestras, mozart created plays that sold out repeatedly.... dre helped make the wash which grossed jack shit

i love dre, and listen to hip hop way more

further more we only know of 40 major classical composers becuz that shit happened 100s of years ago...

do you think people are going to remember every single rap producer in another 300 years peeps arent gonna know who daz dillinger, alchemist, swiss beats, dj glove, mike dean, whoever hte fuck else is out is... they are gonna remember like 15 names at most that might last the test of time

u think it was any diff back then?  there was definitely other music but every single artist doesnt stand the test of time, only those that can do something special no one else can.... thats why those guys got remember forever

dre might get remember for a long time, but i doubt people will still be bumpin him 300 years from now

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2002, 08:34:07 AM »

but what snoop got to do with this???

true, u turning this to a snoop dogg beef, whats the deal  ::)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Tito

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2002, 08:35:33 AM »
I'M NOT A MODERATOR.....BUT WHY THIS TOPIC IS AND STILL HERE AND NOT ON "ANYTHING GOES"?  ::)

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2002, 08:42:25 AM »
I'M NOT A MODERATOR.....BUT WHY THIS TOPIC IS AND STILL HERE AND NOT ON "ANYTHING GOES"?  ::)

this is a music-related topic and should stay in main section