Author Topic: One of the reason that Warren G has fallen off  (Read 482 times)

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
One of the reason that Warren G has fallen off
« on: April 25, 2002, 01:32:25 PM »
I think That Warren failed since he Drop a Lwasuit Against Garth Brooks...I might be wrong but thats what I think
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: One of the reason that Warren G has fallen off
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2002, 01:57:26 PM »
Wrong !!!!, no fo real, why do people think rapper always fall off, it's rare that a rapper gonna fall off, as i'm conserned, no rapper fell off like u think they did, why the fuck did a lawsuit got to do with his carreer , what u sayin doesn't make sens and no he didn't fell off , dawm people pleez stop with that fell off shit ::)
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2002, 02:55:16 PM »
warren g definately fell off, even moreso than snoop...his new album was heated, but only for the first couple of listens, after that it was boring and played out and i think the sales proved that very well, even the single produced by dre didn't shine because it wasn't good, anything after his second disc i really don't listen to, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Antonio

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 02:57:01 PM »
First of all he wanted to sue Brooks, but at the end they "amicably settled their trademark litigation suits". So your point is already over.

Second.. you know you are talking about 1997-98, right? Do you think this has something to do with his last 2002 album? 5 years later? Explain your reasons, please.

Those are some articles btw.

WARREN G, GARTH BROOKS DISPUTE THE LETTER "G" (MTV.COM, 21 Oct. 1997)
In a rather unusual trademark dispute, rapper Warren G and country star Garth Brooks are suing each other over the use of the lower case letter "g" in advertising and merchandising. Warren G claims he trademarked the letter as the logo for his "G Funk" production company. Garth Brooks, meanwhile, used the lower case "g" in the stage set for his most recent U.S. tour. Warren G's Lawyers announced their suit first, but then Brooks' attorney claimed he had already filed suit against the rapper two weeks earlier. Despite all this, both sides say they hope the dispute can be worked out amicably. We'll keep you posted.

WARREN G SUITS AGAINST GARTH BROOKS OVER "G" WILL GO ON (MTV.COM, 6 Feb. 1998)
Attorneys for Warren G have announced that the rapper's copyright infringement suit against country superstar Garth Brooks over his use of the letter "g" will go on as a California judge has refused to dismiss the case. As we first reported in October of last year, Warren G sued Brooks claiming that the lower case letter has been trademarked as the logo for his G Funk production company. The suit came in response to Brooks' use of the letter in advertising and merchandising for a recent U.S. tour. After Warren G's attorneys announced their suit, lawyers for Brooks announced that they had already filed a suit of their own against the rapper two weeks earlier. Now, in response to Brooks' attorneys efforts to have Warren G's case dismissed, a U.S. District Court judge in Los Angeles has decided to allow the rapper's suit to go on in a California court. According to the rapper's legal team, a trial date has been set for May 12.

WARREN G AND GARTH BROOKS REACH AGREEMENT ON LETTER "G" (MTV.COM, 26 Mar. 1998)
Ain't nothin' to this "g" thing, baby. Rapper Warren G and country star Garth Brooks have amicably settled their trademark litigation suits over the letter "G". In an official press release announcing the settlement, Brooks stated, "I learned from Warren G and Wrong G (his manager) that the letter 'g' has a special significance to them and to some members of their community in that it symbolizes kids and young people that have risen above drugs and violence and who are worthy of respect because of their positive contributions to the world". As we previously reported, just last month a California judge ruled that the rapper could pursue a suit over Brooks' use of the lower-case letter, which the country star had used in advertising and merchandising for his recent U.S. tour. The release also stated that both Brooks and Warren G shared common goals and believed that there was no reason to continue fighting over a "positive symbol." The specifics of the agreement were being kept confidential.

??

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2002, 07:48:34 PM »
I hate to say it.. but Warren IMO was never looked at as a "TRUE STAR" by the general public.. (referring to the majority of the 4 million people who bought his first album.  Most weren't true G-Funk fans.)  

He was sorta ridin the success wave of the early Deathrow days.  He took advantage of that association by forming G-Funk with Def Jam's support which.. for the most part.. was successful.  But I dont think the public ever gave him that credit.. or let him stand on his own as an artist / CEO.

He just didn't garner that type of respect from the millions of people who bought his first album with the except of his devoted fans who continue to support him on every album.

I wish Warren would blow up cuz he brings an original sound to the West.  That may not be true, but that's kinda how I've always seen it.

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2002, 07:57:19 PM »
I hate to say it.. but Warren IMO was never looked at as a "TRUE STAR" by the general public.. (referring to the majority of the 4 million people who bought his first album.  Most weren't true G-Funk fans.)  

WORD........my thoughts exactly.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

serv-on

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2002, 08:13:38 PM »
i dont think that warren fell off. YES he sold less copies then he did with his first album. His last album was very tite IMO.

Why do people always think that if a rapper sells less copies then before that he fell off?

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2002, 09:07:13 PM »
warren g definately fell off, even moreso than snoop...his new album was heated, but only for the first couple of listens, after that it was boring and played out and i think the sales proved that very well, even the single produced by dre didn't shine because it wasn't good, anything after his second disc i really don't listen to, peace.

I agree.. I didnt really like his albums after "Take A Look Over Your Shoulder".. I think that was a tight album.. I listen to it all tha time.. I just wasn't feelin "I Want It All" or "Return Of The Regulator".. they bored me. He aint really comin with anything new..

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Antonio

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2002, 09:12:02 PM »
i dont think that warren fell off. YES he sold less copies then he did with his first album. His last album was very tite IMO.

Why do people always think that if a rapper sells less copies then before that he fell off?

In fact. If you think like that, then:
Kurupt fell off.
Daz fell off.
Nate Dogg fell off.
Bad Azz fell off.
etc..

Why nobody is saying that? Just cause they rolling with Snoop and Warren G not? C'mon... be real!

Warren G isnt selling no more. It's all about promotion, and because of the reason Axle said. It's not only about the quality of the music. You all know that for example Bad Azz's cd was tight as fuck, but it didnt sell. Or that Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha (i think it is not even gold!) was tight as hell. Or you know Da Game Is To Be Sold Not To Be Told is totally bullshit, but it sold millions. It's not only about quality. Not only.

Like Axle said, Snoop havent lost all his fans since Doggystyle (because Master P promoted him like God), while Warren G did.

And i agree.... most of the guys who bought Warren G's first 2 cds werent really "fans". Tracks like "Regulate", or "I Shot the sheriff" or "Smoking me out" or "What's love got to do with it" are so commercial that even normal guys (non rap fans), even here in Italy bought the album. 1 example? My girlfriend. And she doesnt even speak english. She just loved those tracks. It's all because of those tracks. So, when he changed a little bit his style (and he left Def Jam promoting his albums!!!!!!!!! And his videos/tracks werent in the top10 of MTV and in all the radios of the world no more!), he started to sell bad because all those non-fans totally forgot about him. And Regulator had a dramatic promotion (even some real fan didnt know the album was out!!), so most of his real fans and ALL OF HIS NON-FANS didnt buy the album. Because the first single didnt go to MTV TOP 10 and it wasnt the kind of track to move the few non-fans to buy the album.

That's just my opinion. Holla.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2002, 10:21:41 PM »
damn people don't hate on I want it all. i have all warren's cd's. when i first got i want it all, i listened to it then put it away for a month or 2. then i broke it out and realized how fuckin great it is. i had to listen to it a couple times before i felt where he was tryin to go with this shit. that fool is fuckin great at what he does. just because the sales ain't there don't mean he fell off. who's pushin units nowadays? ja rule, nelly,? fuck you can be anybody today and push units as long as you sell out. warren is stayin true to what he does.  98% of people on his albums are from the west. ROTR was a westcoast album....tryin sayin that about nate. he tried to sell out, it didn't work, and he lost hella respect. peace

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2002, 11:50:05 PM »
In terms of quality Warren ain't fallen off nothing, he's still a tight producer, he still brings tight G-funk, he still got it imo. But if you want to look at it in terms of commercial success (which obviously some want to apply here) then yes, he's fallen off. But then it's not about quantity, it's about QUALITY.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Tito

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2002, 12:34:56 AM »
"But if you want to look at it in terms of commercial success (which obviously some want to apply here) then yes, he's fallen off."
Here and at the Universal Records  :D

gFuNkA

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2002, 12:57:36 AM »
In terms of quality Warren ain't fallen off nothing, he's still a tight producer, he still brings tight G-funk, he still got it imo. But if you want to look at it in terms of commercial success (which obviously some want to apply here) then yes, he's fallen off.

word.

personally i dont care about sales or promotions or whatever if the music is still tight !

Jome

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2002, 08:50:59 AM »

In fact. If you think like that, then:
Kurupt fell off.
Daz fell off.
Nate Dogg fell off.
Bad Azz fell off.
etc..

Word to that.
A lotta underground artists aint selling shit, but because the big label artist has a promotion team behind them, one would expect them so sell more.

If Warren released this album on a indi label, I bet ppl would be screaming classic before you knew it, cause this album was pretty dope.

So in terms of sales, one might say that Warren fell of, but in terms of music, hell nah.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2002, 09:44:37 AM »
well...warren iz a producer....not an MC ...not a song writer....just a producer and originally and DJ...and as a producer...Warren G haz never fell off(not to say that he waz ever any good as a RAPPER...which he never waz)....at least imo....he still putz out slamin", blazing and hot productionz that can"t go pass a real westcoast hiphop fan"z ear without being captured and praised....warren iz above most of tha highest payed producers nowadayz but prolly tha most underrated one.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?