Author Topic: This "trust nobody" attitude limits human potential  (Read 511 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
This "trust nobody" attitude limits human potential
« on: October 04, 2005, 07:52:29 AM »
I'm learning that the "trust nobody" attitude alot of us were raised with was very limiting.  Being raised in America there is a premium placed on being independant, even to the point of being stubborn and negligent.  Now, as a Muslim I am struggling to correct these habits.

One of the Amirs and brothers of knowledge from my local community often councils me and provides for me what we call "mushura".  Sometimes I don't want to listen and I want to make desicions in haste, and he explains to me that when we make desicions on our own, we often make those desicions according to our "nafs", lower desires, and that it has been a practice of pious people throughout history to humble themselves before their mentors and accept direction from them.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 07:59:56 AM by Allah's Slave: Abdul-Infinite »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Re: This "trust nobody" attitude limits human potential
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 09:20:09 AM »
What you saying? If you're implying we should be trusting people in general, then you're full of it. Whether you like it or not, this world is influenced by the leader of hell, it happens 24/7. I don't know what environment you're in, but I can't afford to trust anybody around here except my closest folks. There's a line people cross where they feel like family to you and can be trusted, but even then you have to stay on your toes at all times and ask god for guidance.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

J Bananas

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 11:55:22 AM »
man i was hopin u were gonna keep the eldridge cleaver alias, since you'll probably end up like him in the long run

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 12:04:21 PM »
If you're a muslim, I'm sure it's easy to trust others within your community.  Just like if you're Christain, you could probably trust other Christians in your community without even really knowing them.  But for the people who aren't religeous, or aren't actively involved in their religeon, it's just stupid to trust people you don't know.  Trust is earned.

herpes

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 12:33:24 PM »
Bro, you have never once been in the street in any level at all have you.  And im not talking about on some ghetto type shit.  You can tell from your post you have never been in a situation where you have to watch your back from someone trying to get over on you.  come to new york on that trust anyone stuff and after a week your be in for a rude awakening

Theodore

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 12:42:47 PM »
If you're a muslim, I'm sure it's easy to trust others within your community.  Just like if you're Christain, you could probably trust other Christians in your community without even really knowing them.  But for the people who aren't religeous, or aren't actively involved in their religeon, it's just stupid to trust people you don't know.  Trust is earned.
its not because one shares your religion you can trust them, just look at them pedophile cases in the Catholic church.

before you trust someone you should really think about your relation with that person. he or she can stab you in the back.. its sad to say, but it can happen. but this thought may not control your life or you will loose alot! i guess you have to take the mistrusts with the good things..

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 01:32:50 PM »
Bro, you have never once been in the street in any level at all have you.  And im not talking about on some ghetto type shit.  You can tell from your post you have never been in a situation where you have to watch your back from someone trying to get over on you.  come to new york on that trust anyone stuff and after a week your be in for a rude awakening

ralph you moved to new york?

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 02:09:56 PM »
I'm learning that the "trust nobody" attitude alot of us were raised with was very limiting.  Being raised in America there is a premium placed on being independant, even to the point of being stubborn and negligent.  Now, as a Muslim I am struggling to correct these habits.
i agree but there are too many backstabbers around, when i get to know someone i'm very trusting but if you betray me its nearly impossible to get my respect back. I've noticed there is a culture to just look after your own interests no matter whose toes you step on, i like to think i'm much more considerate than that.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 02:41:18 PM »
If you're a muslim, I'm sure it's easy to trust others within your community.  Just like if you're Christain, you could probably trust other Christians in your community without even really knowing them.  But for the people who aren't religeous, or aren't actively involved in their religeon, it's just stupid to trust people you don't know.

What's that tell you? 

Suga Foot

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 03:21:19 PM »
If you're a muslim, I'm sure it's easy to trust others within your community.  Just like if you're Christain, you could probably trust other Christians in your community without even really knowing them.  But for the people who aren't religeous, or aren't actively involved in their religeon, it's just stupid to trust people you don't know.

What's that tell you? 

to get involved in your community and make lots of friends  :D

coola

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 05:53:04 PM »
i trust no-one but myself, family and four of my friends, people tend to take advantage of trust.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 08:05:39 AM »
What you saying? If you're implying we should be trusting people in general, then you're full of it. Whether you like it or not, this world is influenced by the leader of hell, it happens 24/7. I don't know what environment you're in, but I can't afford to trust anybody around here except my closest folks. There's a line people cross where they feel like family to you and can be trusted, but even then you have to stay on your toes at all times and ask god for guidance.
Infinite...I usually agree with your posts, but I have to agree completely with Rodzilla here. That whole trusting each other thing is really a life and death situation...no joke. If you really believe in that whole natural trusting behavior of people, then I think you are kind of naive when it comes to reality.
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 05:30:44 PM »
it would be great if we all could trust each other...imagine that!
THe world would be totally different.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Sikotic™

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 06:28:44 PM »
People are corrupt regardless of religion, race, sex, etc. etc.

You have to see their character and from there you deem them worthy of trust.

The whole trust your religion thing just keeps people divided. Same if you apply that to race.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

WestCoasta

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2005, 06:33:13 PM »
religion is the root of all evil