Author Topic: what is the reason for the loss of respect in society?  (Read 180 times)

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
what is the reason for the loss of respect in society?
« on: October 04, 2005, 02:21:59 PM »
in particular this is directed at the younger generation because most older people i know have respect for other people. but todays youth have realised they can get away with almost anything with little consequences or repercussions, i believe this is down to taking away voilence of installing respect into children without coming up with a working alternative, when i grew up i was always scared of my dad if i stepped out of line which kept me in check. The other reason i believe young people have no respect is because there has been an erosion of family values, this can be simple things like sitting down to dinner with your family rather than everyone doing their thing, but most importantly parents are letting their children do what they want all the time giving them no boundaries....

do you agree, do you think thing will change for the better or get progessively worse? I definately notice a huge difference between what kids were like when i grew up to what they are like today and i am only 21.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Trauma-san

Re: what is the reason for the loss of respect in society?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 02:38:45 PM »
Yes, I agree (for possibly the first time) with everything you've said.  The #1 single largest problem in America today (and possibly the rest of the western world, I just won't pretend to speak for something I know nothing about) is the loss of respect. 

I've put a LOT of thought into this... to the point that I may one day write a book about it.  Children need to be taught many things growing up, but a large, large, large portion of what they need from their parents is a sense of respect.

Respect, I would imagine, literally means to "re-look" at everything.  It pours into every aspect of your life. 

You have to have respect, firstly, for yourself.  You have to constantly look at yourself, and try to see where you can grow and be a better person, or what you may be doing wrong, or whatever.  Don't just live with it, LOOK AGAIN.

You have to have respect for other people.  You see this on the road all the time... people cut you off in traffic... because they honestly don't even respect your existance... they half the time don't see you there... and they surely didn't look twice.  I'm not saying this literally although you can apply it literally, but if someone truly respected you, they would see you driving along beside them as an equal.  You've got a family your'e trying to get home to, you have your own life every bit as important as mine.  Why would I cut in front of you in traffic?  Here, I need to change lanes, let me put on my blinker so that the guy next to me can see that I'm trying to change lanes (as opposed to just jetting in front of him with no signal like he doesn't exist).

You have to respect property, you have to respect the earth.  I see people fling cigarette butts out the windows of their cars on the road, everyday.  They respect the fucking floorboard of their car, more than they respect the Mother Earth that keeps us all alive.  I'm not kidding... think about it.  If they had any respect, if they would look again and see that the Earth is the absolute most important thing we have, they wouldn't throw their cigarette butt on the ground, they'd throw it on the floor of their car and pick it up later. 

People steal things because they have no respect for what it might mean to whoever they're stealing from.  They only care about themselves, and to be honest they don't care about that either.  They don't care that the person they're stealing from doesn't deserve it, and worked hard for that money you're taking, they don't look deep enough for that, they'd have to look twice or re-spect it to see that. 

---------------------

The most important thing I think to realise about this is that this is all cyclical.  In the Renaissance, it was common for men to sleep with underage boys... like 25 percent of the population was homosexual.  Look @ the world today, things drift one way and the other, eventually this will all be righted and we won't have such an issue with it, but it's a constant struggle. 

mauzip

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 02:52:13 PM »
The reason: FEMINISTS!

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 03:00:55 PM »
good post trauma

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 03:01:24 PM »
The reason: FEMINISTS!

Lemme bitch about them for a little bit.  Women and Men are created differently.  Women should have every right and opportunity that men do, but women shouldn't do everything men do... nor should men do everything women do.  Feminists hate men, and that's the most rediculous thing I've ever heard.  It's fine to say "Women should be able to work" and "Women should be able to vote" those are fights that needed to be fought... but when you get to the point where you start calling Women who choose to stay home and raise a family sell outs and act like they're cavewomen and shit, that's rediculous.  Fucking lesbians.  

J Bananas

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 03:46:14 PM »
What I hate about feminists is that they're so fucking hyppocritical. They bitch about so much, yet when they're asked about the misogany in rap music (which u guys know is the worst) they avoid the subject out of fear of upsetting black people and tarnishing their progressive pc image. cunts.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 12:08:55 AM »
in particular this is directed at the younger generation because most older people i know have respect for other people. but todays youth have realised they can get away with almost anything with little consequences or repercussions, i believe this is down to taking away voilence of installing respect into children without coming up with a working alternative, when i grew up i was always scared of my dad if i stepped out of line which kept me in check. The other reason i believe young people have no respect is because there has been an erosion of family values, this can be simple things like sitting down to dinner with your family rather than everyone doing their thing, but most importantly parents are letting their children do what they want all the time giving them no boundaries....

do you agree, do you think thing will change for the better or get progessively worse? I definately notice a huge difference between what kids were like when i grew up to what they are like today and i am only 21.

I know that our society in America is biult upon marketing, advertisement, and mass consumption.  I think one of the largest markets available in entertainment especially, is the youth.  Most entertainment industries are geared towards the youth.  Maybe this is why I could turn on turn on the local hip-hop/R&B station at any time of the day when I was 14 (1996) and I liked what I was hearing.  But now, I ain't feelin the product they are putting out on radio and television, it's for teenagers, yet they call it mainstream, this means that 14 year old kids dictate the culture; which is one reason why I highly recommend that one becomes counter-culture in a society like this. 

To answer your question, I don't know if it's getting worse or better, but anyway, it's worth discussing. 

My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

AndrE16686

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 03:43:49 AM »
Yeah the best thing to do is discuss issues, rather than remain in a state of self induced ignorance. \

I agree wit D rizzle 100%.

What WE can do is raise OUR children right. With discipline, teaching them restraint, the value of life. Its hard to raise kids with the amount of advertising and peer pressure thrown at them. My father always restricted what I watched on TV or saw, he prefered I learn the realities of life from experience. So rather than learning violence from the media, he would take me and my mates out on the boat or to the bush so we could see death and life for what it really is. Rather than seeing it in the TV where it can be glorified or portrayed in an insensitive light. Now I'm older I appreciate this way of raising kids.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 01:43:24 PM »
I fuckin hate feminist.

They are shoving the whole feminist paradigm down our throats in school.....
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll