Author Topic: Ice-T Narrates MTV Documentary.T_I_G_H_T_  (Read 171 times)

Tito

Ice-T Narrates MTV Documentary.T_I_G_H_T_
« on: April 24, 2002, 08:56:05 PM »
Ice-T will narrate MTV's "Back To The Hood Again," which is a follow up documentary to 1992's "Straight From The Hood," which interviewed people on the streets of Los Angeles after the deadly race riots. The new documentary returns a decade later, which speaks to young people that survived the riots, which were the most costly civil disturbance in United States history.

The new program features interviews with Snoop Dogg, who explains why he and his friends left Long Beach to join in the chaos, Tyrese (who recently survived a motorcycle accident), who help loot neighborhood stores, Jurassic 5, the critically acclaimed hip-hop group that was living just a block off the intersection of Florence and Normandie, and who witnessed first-hand the beating of truck driver Reginald Denny as well as Ozomatli, the Grammy-winning Latin rock band whose bassist participated in the trashing of LA’s police headquarters.

Back To The Hood also talks to young people throughout South Central, Crenshaw, Watts and Koreatown, who share their memories of the riots. The documentary also spends time with a member of the 87th Street Gangster Crips, who won a police brutality settlement against the LAPD-only to be killed in a drive-by less than a month later; visits with young people in Watts’ Jordan Downs Housing Project; and meets with young Korean-Americans who show off the changes in Koreatown.

The show airs tonight, check your local listings for times.

In related news, if you live in New York City, tomorrow Ice-T will be doing a rare performance in the big apple. The show, which is taking place at BB Kings in Times Square tomorrow (April 25th), will feature Ice along side Smooth Da Hustler, Trigga DA Gambler, DV Alias Khryst & DJ Evil E. The doors open at 9 P.M. For more info call: 212.997.4144

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Ice-T Narrates MTV Documentary.T_I_G_H_T_
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2002, 09:32:21 PM »
I saw this shit tonight.. It was pretty tight. They got deep into it.. gettin all sides of the stories. From the Blacks to tha Mexicans and from the Whites and Koreans. Showed all kinds of footage from the Riots.. I remember seeing alot of that shit on the News when I was younger. They did a pretty good job though.. kinda captured the feeling of those times, both the anger and the pain..

It's crazy how they were lookin into the statistics and they showed that there aint too much difference in how things are going on today. And it's kinda true.. although gang voilence has calmed down in the streets.. it seems like it could start to rise any time now.. cuz the new generation of gangs.. the youngsters...  they dont remember how things went on back in those days.. and you know how they say history repeats itself..

Anybody else catch it?  If you didnt just keep lookin on MTV.. they rerun shit like every 3 hours... I think they only have like 3 shows.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Tito

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2002, 09:40:26 PM »
What about this part?

"The new program features interviews with Snoop Dogg, who explains why he and his friends left Long Beach to join in the chaos"

S.G.V.

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2002, 05:58:10 AM »
as well as Ozomatli, the Grammy-winning Latin rock band whose bassist participated in the trashing of LA’s police headquarters.

The show, which is taking place at BB Kings in Times Square tomorrow (April 25th), will feature Ice along side Smooth Da Hustler, Trigga DA Gambler, DV Alias Khryst & DJ Evil E. The doors open at 9 P.M. For more info call: 212.997.4144

i always knew ozomatli was g'd up..lol...also is dv alias khryst still with maseo of de la soul?