Author Topic: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...  (Read 2018 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2005, 12:06:23 PM »
Who gives a fuck if a certain hip hop artist is a legend or not,what matters is the quality of the album recently released.Im not gonna buy this CD just cause Warren made Regulate in 94 or whatever.

let em know! warren g is actually overrated on this forum. cats act like he's just the nicest cat out
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 01:32:38 PM »
^^^Nah I dont really think so Warren G is one of my 10 fav rappers ever but I disagree that this forum overates him (see snoop)
Although he is one of my fav's this album is too commerical for me

mauzip

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2005, 01:38:25 PM »
i thought this was a tight ass album, i dont see whats up with the hate

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2005, 01:45:50 PM »
i thought this was a tight ass album, i dont see whats up with the hate

westkoastanostra

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2005, 02:34:42 PM »
yea i think this forum overates him....i really never was a big fan of warren g......but i'll burn his cd and c wuts up....

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2005, 02:42:44 PM »
I haven't heard the album yet, so I can't comment on it, but I gotta say I'm surprised to see Warren get so much hate here. What the fuck is up with that? I don't think anybody here overrates Warren G one bit - fact is there's a selected few hip-hop artists who deserve to be called legends in their game, and I don't think there should be any doubt about Warren G being among that selected few. Go listen to them albums again and hear who it is you're saying is "overrated". Bitches pleez.

Suga Foot

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2005, 03:44:57 PM »
It's a cool album, it's worth my 15 bucks.  It's not his greatest album by a long shot, but I'll always support a warren g album.  I still think "Yessir" should have been his first single.

We Fly High

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2005, 03:53:28 PM »
I haven't heard the album yet, so I can't comment on it, but I gotta say I'm surprised to see Warren get so much hate here. What the fuck is up with that? I don't think anybody here overrates Warren G one bit - fact is there's a selected few hip-hop artists who deserve to be called legends in their game, and I don't think there should be any doubt about Warren G being among that selected few. Go listen to them albums again and hear who it is you're saying is "overrated". Bitches pleez.

i dunno about Warren G being a legend... hes cool and all..but he aint done that much

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2005, 03:55:34 PM »
warren's a legend to me, and i like his CD... its not balanced, but its great to kick back and do other shit to, its got a very laid back vibe... i could care less about sales or popularity or anything though, as long as the music is bangin i don't really give a shit about everything else.

DJ_PK

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 05:20:44 PM »
yea i think this forum overates him....i really never was a big fan of warren g......but i'll burn his cd and c wuts up....

True that.

coola

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2005, 07:04:19 PM »
you panty-sniffers bitch about east and south LAUGHING at west and then you wont even support the legends
Who gives a fuck if a certain hip hop artist is a legend or not,what matters is the quality of the album recently released.Im not gonna buy this CD just cause Warren made Regulate in 94 or whatever.

thats what i was thinking....

the album is BOOOOORING.... i cant believe people compared this album to Trauma...

kingwell

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2005, 07:07:28 PM »

PREACH! Get over it West Coast! It's time to move on.

Word up!  *cough* mc eiht *cough&

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2005, 07:13:16 PM »
If yall want to call Warren a legend when he released one great record, I'm not going to stop you. In my eyes, he's not a legend. He had 1 classic record more than 10 years ago. Since then, he's been mediocre. But even for real bonifide legends, I still would rather preview the album first before I buy the album because I don't like throwing my money away. I'm not rich.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2005, 08:10:15 PM »
This album here is an example of what I worry about for the next few years with the West coast.....personally, there were a few songs on Warren's album that definitely attempted to be "Top 40" such as Do what it do, and Yessir, but those songs are decent to me at least. Aside from that, this album sounds similar to his last two in some spots, and there is nothing really watered down or overly-commercial about it. But it seems like many west coast fans only like west coast albums when they have that old school feel...and when albums do have that feel, most people outside the west don't get into it. It's hard as hell to bridge that gap and make music that west coast fans appreciate but that still has an effect on other coasts.

Many people complained about 213 not havin Warren G production, but I'm sure that most of them would prefer the 213 production over the production on this Warren G album even though they wouldn't admit it. Thing is, people like Warren are damn near stuck in their options...because if he dropped an album that sounded like it was straight from the G-Funk 94 era, people might like the beats but say "it was nothing at all groundbreaking, and it sounds like shit we've heard a million times so I couldn't get into it much" or "it sounds outdated as hell". But if he tries to make his music sound more modern, he'll still receive hate, especially if his modern music isn't groundbreaking or doper than most hot producers who are out now.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2005, 09:29:21 PM »
fuck the bullshit...
the reason the album sounds the way it does is because warren dropped this shit with his fans in mind.
we all holler for that 93 94 g funk but when they give it to us we front on it(Daz's last album also comes to mind) .
personally I perfer this album over trauma and I think warrens productions simplicity is too safisticated for
alot of listeners. This shit is jazz influenced.
with all that said Im feeing a little over half the tracks...get you down with b real is dope as fuck.