Author Topic: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...  (Read 2021 times)

SGV

Re: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2005, 09:30:59 PM »
LOL @ Warren being a legend. Dude made one hot album and that was it. He has no real accomplishments. He's not that influential. He's not that great. Yes, he's overrated.

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2005, 09:37:36 PM »
This album here is an example of what I worry about for the next few years with the West coast.....personally, there were a few songs on Warren's album that definitely attempted to be "Top 40" such as Do what it do, and Yessir, but those songs are decent to me at least. Aside from that, this album sounds similar to his last two in some spots, and there is nothing really watered down or overly-commercial about it. But it seems like many west coast fans only like west coast albums when they have that old school feel...and when albums do have that feel, most people outside the west don't get into it. It's hard as hell to bridge that gap and make music that west coast fans appreciate but that still has an effect on other coasts.

Many people complained about 213 not havin Warren G production, but I'm sure that most of them would prefer the 213 production over the production on this Warren G album even though they wouldn't admit it. Thing is, people like Warren are damn near stuck in their options...because if he dropped an album that sounded like it was straight from the G-Funk 94 era, people might like the beats but say "it was nothing at all groundbreaking, and it sounds like shit we've heard a million times so I couldn't get into it much" or "it sounds outdated as hell". But if he tries to make his music sound more modern, he'll still receive hate, especially if his modern music isn't groundbreaking or doper than most hot producers who are out now.
^I agree with how he was stuck between his old sound & tha sound he used on tha new album...I thought "Yessir" is a banger though, and "Wheels Keep Spinning" & "Walk These Streets" remind me of his older work, but it just didn't have that classic sound Warren's always had in his older albums... I still think "Get U Down" is tha highlight of that album, I never get tired of that one...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 11:38:00 PM by Under Tha Influence »

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2005, 10:02:03 PM »
i told yall this album iz better than trauma... nothing to corny on it aside from a few r and b hooks.... the wholoe album has sweet sweet bass to satisfy my subs (asside from "make do what it do"track 3, i guess they forgot to throw bass on this 1)... no weird sound effects going off, embarising me at stop lights... good album (not classic though,  but buy it 4 ur car, and play it till it melts)...

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2005, 10:07:53 PM »
To Vibe this album , its gotta be in the late night Hour...Listen to the track "Ahh" in the late night while ur driving or before u go to sleep you'll see its nice...But if u bump this album around 4 a clock u will find it kind of boring,

dameons

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2005, 10:12:53 PM »
Yeah, he needs to like.. go away . His album was like listening to elevator music...Especially the Nate Dogg tack..It sounded like a 213 leftover.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2005, 10:25:58 PM »
Blasphemy bitches!!!

Warren G is a west coast legend....Regulate was his only CLASSIC.....bangin albums hes always dropped

every single warren g album was dope as hell...i havent heard this one tho
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2005, 10:36:17 PM »
Yeah, he needs to like.. go away . His album was like listening to elevator music...Especially the Nate Dogg tack..It sounded like a 213 leftover.

u sound like a white girl u bitch.... like stop fronting okay...

ShadowDub

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2005, 10:57:50 PM »
it's because its a piece of junk... only had like 3 or 4 good songs on it... nothing special at all.

that's cold. I thought the album was decent nothing great but decent

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2005, 11:20:04 PM »
What I don't understand is how everybody was saying the album was great and the best album of 05 when the rip came out and now everybody's saying it's wack.

I have not heard it. I will buy it, and I will not like it. Fuck Warren G for changing his style, but I'll still buy it. Can't stop supporting the nigga that gave me 4 classics (yes, sgv, classics) in a row.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2005, 11:31:34 PM »
If yall want to call Warren a legend when he released one great record, I'm not going to stop you. In my eyes, he's not a legend. He had 1 classic record more than 10 years ago.

Fuck it, why not call him a legend after one great record? People call biggie the greatest rapper of all time and he only made one great record.

Personally I think Warren was cool in his time, but this record aint worth my money. Its cool, got a nice laid back feel to it and i'm sure a lot of yall will like it but it aint gonna get my 15 and change.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2005, 12:06:35 AM »
If yall want to call Warren a legend when he released one great record, I'm not going to stop you. In my eyes, he's not a legend. He had 1 classic record more than 10 years ago.

Fuck it, why not call him a legend after one great record? People call biggie the greatest rapper of all time and he only made one great record.

Personally I think Warren was cool in his time, but this record aint worth my money. Its cool, got a nice laid back feel to it and i'm sure a lot of yall will like it but it aint gonna get my 15 and change.

Why not call Vanilla Ice a legend then?

mikeOG

• Quadruple OG
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2005, 12:58:40 AM »
its horrible

SGV

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2005, 02:12:33 AM »
Can't stop supporting the nigga that gave me 4 classics (yes, sgv, classics) in a row.

So 4 Warren G albums are as good as Straight Outta Compton? Fear Of A Black Planet? Death Certificate? The Adventures Of Slick Rick? LOL. Get off his dick with that old shit.

Biggie WAS a legend because of the IMPACT one album made. Warren G didn't make an impact. West Coast Hip Hop would've been the same with or without a Warren G album.

coola

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2005, 04:51:47 AM »
i told yall this album iz better than trauma... nothing to corny on it aside from a few r and b hooks.... the wholoe album has sweet sweet bass to satisfy my subs (asside from "make do what it do"track 3, i guess they forgot to throw bass on this 1)... no weird sound effects going off, embarising me at stop lights... good album (not classic though,  but buy it 4 ur car, and play it till it melts)...

lol...

and 'get you down' is my favourite track off the album too...

at the end of the day, warren g knows he made a shit-house album, and got all sensitive about the boot-leg... he knew he didnt make a classic thats for sure.

Reventón Bogotá Rolla

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • High Roller
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2005, 04:52:19 AM »
ah man i gtta be for real, love the shit warren did in the past but wtf was this man, album is overated as hell and he overused bishop

2009 Kid CuDi - Man on the Moon: The Guardians