Author Topic: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...  (Read 2017 times)

wcsoldier

Re: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2005, 05:11:00 AM »
It's a good album but nothing more and like SVG and others said lots of times : WC fans need to move on . The G Funk era is OVER and it's time for new artists . How can we improve when the only subjects are: new Warren album, DPG album, Quik one..... Don't get me wrong I like a lot these artists but there aren't the future of the West

50cal

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2005, 07:23:13 AM »
i thought this was a tight ass album, i dont see whats up with the hate

If warren is on that list...is marvin young B.K.A. Young mc?

So Much Style

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2005, 10:17:43 AM »
i love warren g, i think regulate is a top 10-15 hip hop classic, but i mean come on, get off his nuts....this cd and return of the regulator only have like 4 good tracks each
So much style back at it again

Killa-G

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • GATE 13 Style
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2005, 10:42:43 AM »
warren g's album is wack!! Man he fell off! I will never buy this album!
G-A-T-E 13

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2005, 10:46:20 AM »
Can't stop supporting the nigga that gave me 4 classics (yes, sgv, classics) in a row.

So 4 Warren G albums are as good as Straight Outta Compton? Fear Of A Black Planet? Death Certificate? The Adventures Of Slick Rick? LOL. Get off his dick with that old shit.

Biggie WAS a legend because of the IMPACT one album made. Warren G didn't make an impact. West Coast Hip Hop would've been the same with or without a Warren G album.

Regulate > Return of the regulator > Death Certificate > Adventures of Slick Rick > I want it all > Take a look over your shoulder > Fear of a black planet > Straight Outta Compton.

Can't you accept that everybody's got their own opinions and tastes and that yours is not the only official or valid one? Man, grow up.

Oh, and BTW, Biggie was wack and there's three reasons he's considered a big name rapper: 1, he's dead; 2, Puffy's productions; and 3, he's dead. Eastcoast rap would have been the fucking same without Biggie. Maybe even better.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2005, 10:48:10 AM by Da Illest aka Danté el Hermeneuta »

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2005, 10:51:49 AM »
i am hella feeling this album, it sounds nothing else that's out today,i like the production and all the guest appearences are grea

wcsoldier

« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2005, 12:34:57 PM »
Regulate > Return of the regulator > Death Certificate > Adventures of Slick Rick > I want it all > Take a look over your shoulder > Fear of a black planet > Straight Outta Compton.

On what drugs are you ? That shit is hilarious  :grumpy:

SGV

« Reply #52 on: October 08, 2005, 07:30:41 PM »

Can't you accept that everybody's got their own opinions and tastes and that yours is not the only official or valid one? Man, grow up.

Oh, and BTW, Biggie was wack and there's three reasons he's considered a big name rapper: 1, he's dead; 2, Puffy's productions; and 3, he's dead. Eastcoast rap would have been the fucking same without Biggie. Maybe even better.

*slaps forehead*

This has NOTHING to do with "growing up." It's a matter of facts. While taste is an opinion, calling an album Classic is not. It's pretty straight foward really. Did the album make an impact? If yes, then it's Classic. If no, then it's not. I'll give you Regulate (Just because), but the rest, you're stricly dickriding.

LOL @ The reasoning for Biggie. He was a big name rapper because... he... uh... WAS! Dude was huge BEFORE he died. Biggie's storytelling is what made him who he was. His image and star quality made him who he was. And saying East Coast rap would've been the same without Big proves your knowledge to me.

coola

« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2005, 08:33:54 PM »
I have not heard it. I will buy it, and I will not like it. Fuck Warren G for changing his style, but I'll still buy it.

lol

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2005, 08:42:06 PM »
i told yall this album iz better than trauma... nothing to corny on it aside from a few r and b hooks.... the wholoe album has sweet sweet bass to satisfy my subs (asside from "make do what it do"track 3, i guess they forgot to throw bass on this 1)... no weird sound effects going off, embarising me at stop lights... good album (not classic though,  but buy it 4 ur car, and play it till it melts)...
WTF?  Make It Do What It Do hits preety fuckin hard, its not a tite song, but the one thing it has is that it hits hard.  How can you say this is better than Trauma?  Trauma had arguably 1-2 weak tracks, and half of Warren's new album is arguably bad.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2005, 09:31:44 PM »
This album here is an example of what I worry about for the next few years with the West coast.....personally, there were a few songs on Warren's album that definitely attempted to be "Top 40" such as Do what it do, and Yessir, but those songs are decent to me at least. Aside from that, this album sounds similar to his last two in some spots, and there is nothing really watered down or overly-commercial about it. But it seems like many west coast fans only like west coast albums when they have that old school feel...and when albums do have that feel, most people outside the west don't get into it. It's hard as hell to bridge that gap and make music that west coast fans appreciate but that still has an effect on other coasts.

Many people complained about 213 not havin Warren G production, but I'm sure that most of them would prefer the 213 production over the production on this Warren G album even though they wouldn't admit it. Thing is, people like Warren are damn near stuck in their options...because if he dropped an album that sounded like it was straight from the G-Funk 94 era, people might like the beats but say "it was nothing at all groundbreaking, and it sounds like shit we've heard a million times so I couldn't get into it much" or "it sounds outdated as hell". But if he tries to make his music sound more modern, he'll still receive hate, especially if his modern music isn't groundbreaking or doper than most hot producers who are out now.

i agree but disagree. west coast fans definatly dont give things a chance unless it sounds like it was recorded in 92-93. but these songs were weak and tasteless. theres a lot of west coast artist starting to make more updated music (Soopafly's song is a good example, so is the new Lil Rob song).

but you gotta take my opinion with a grain of salt cuz i dont like any of warren g's complete albums (except regulate)

on another note: Warren G produced some heaters, so i was expecting him to do that for this album too. like "Real in the Field" (Tha Eastsidaz), "What We Do) (Knoc-turn'al), "Thats It" (Kurupt)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2005, 09:36:40 PM »
[quote author=Da Illest aka Danté el Hermeneuta link=topic=91528.msg958856#msg958856 Regulate > Return of the regulator > Death Certificate > Adventures of Slick Rick > I want it all > Take a look over your shoulder > Fear of a black planet > Straight Outta Compton.

1. I hope that first part was a joke
2. Biggie brought East Coast rap back with "Ready 2 Die" (that album sucks to me, but it did a lot for New York)
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2005, 09:51:29 PM »
Can't stop supporting the nigga that gave me 4 classics (yes, sgv, classics) in a row.

So 4 Warren G albums are as good as Straight Outta Compton? Fear Of A Black Planet? Death Certificate? The Adventures Of Slick Rick? LOL. Get off his dick with that old shit.

Biggie WAS a legend because of the IMPACT one album made. Warren G didn't make an impact. West Coast Hip Hop would've been the same with or without a Warren G album.

:grumpy: :sign_banhim:

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2005, 10:41:42 PM »
In my opinion, all you have to do is look at the title "In the Mid-Nite Hour" to see what the vibe of the album is going to be.  With a title like that, you know a lot of it is going to be laid back love ballads... but in all honesty... good record... and well rounded.

He has tracks on that thing that are going to appeal to mainstream radio fans ("Make It Do What It Do" and "Yessir")... he has tracks that sound like they'd fit right in to Return of the Regulator ("Walk these Streets", "Guerilla Pimpin'"), he has laid back, west coast flavored tracks that fit into the famous west coast mold ("Weed Song", "PYT," "In The Mid-Nite Hour,") and he has more reflective tracks about dealing with real shit ("I Need A Light," "Get You Down,") etc. 

This isn't to mention a good array of guests from Snoop, Ice Cube, B-Real, Mike Jones, Nate Dogg, Bishop Lamonte, etc.

I can understand people having a problem with this record... it sounds like Warren's a little caught between styles here... there are times when it seems like Snoop is rubbing off on him... other times where he's trying to put out that laid back shit that he used to... and still other times where's he's trying to go the route of Dr. Dre...

There's so many different styles here that you're either going to love it or hate it... that I understand... he doesn't really stick to any formula like he has in the past...  and yes, there are a handful too many love songs on here... but as long as the production's nice I don't mind.

It's not a classic... but shit... I'd still give it 4 out of 5... better than Mack 10, Kurupt, and right on par with DJ Quik.

I just bought the cd today, by the way. 

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2005, 11:22:42 PM »
Whoever is talking trash about Biggie not being part of the evolution of hiphop , really doesnt know shit about Hiphop, and same Goes with Puffy , If Puffy wasnt around some shit in hiphop wouldnt be the same, and about Warren G , like I keep saying for years now.Warren G used to be on fire because back in the early 90's he was as the same as Lil Jon is today, why? because IT WAS THE G FUNK ERA , now that this era is gone...another thing, I dont think its Good to do music only for the die hard fans why? because if u keep doing the same shit for like 10 years the fan will never grow with u they will stay stuck and whatever u will try to do to keep u update, they will hate because they r not used to that new vibe they will stay stuck to the first album and stuff..West Coast artists should do like Gangstarr, I mean you can see that there is an evolution in their music but the trademark is still there, As an artist there most be an evolution on every album, the fan must feel like he's growing with the artist. So thats why West Coast fans will never grow musically, because their favorite artists are stuck on Gangbanging, Smoking, talkbox, More Bounce to the Once,Crips and blood bullshit.

By the way Overseer or whoever is running this board...I think its time to have a section where ignorant people should learn more about hiphop...because I feel like some people over here doesnt no shit if it aint west coast, Its time for a change, Lets try to change and clear their views , because some of them are still in 96' , some of them are still saying Fuck Death Row while the only artist is a lonely Comedian, lets try to teach them Dubcc kids, they need to know more about the roots of hiphop,