Author Topic: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...  (Read 2016 times)

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Re: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2005, 11:34:33 PM »
Of course my comments were meant to be taken with a pinch of salt. I forgot people around here don't have much humor or intelligence.

Anyways, what I'm just trying to say is that music is all a matter of tastes and everything is subjective. What is classic to one may be garbage to others. To me, all 4 Warren G CDs are classic cause Warren does (or did) the kind of music that fits my style. And if liking one artist is dickriding, well, then yeah I'm dickriding. Pretty sad y'all have no tolerance and have to see everything as a black or white kind of thing.

As for Biggie, I don't like him as a rapper and I don't like his albums. If not liking Biggie makes me a hiphop ignorant, fuck it, I am. And if for 'impact' y'all mean more spins on MTV or more album sales, yeah, it had a very big impact on the music world.

And I'm out, I'm tired of having to explaing things like this was Sesame Street or something.

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2005, 10:43:14 AM »
bitchez ::) ::)

dont buy it then. you the ones missing out.

you panty-sniffers bitch about east and south LAUGHING at west and then you wont even support the legends

Sikotic™

« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2005, 02:02:49 PM »
Damn, evryone is saying it's wack. I'm scared to even go listen to it now.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chazzz

• Lil Geezy
  • Actions speak louder than words
« Reply #63 on: October 09, 2005, 04:16:22 PM »
In my opinion, all you have to do is look at the title "In the Mid-Nite Hour" to see what the vibe of the album is going to be.  With a title like that, you know a lot of it is going to be laid back love ballads... but in all honesty... good record... and well rounded.

He has tracks on that thing that are going to appeal to mainstream radio fans ("Make It Do What It Do" and "Yessir")... he has tracks that sound like they'd fit right in to Return of the Regulator ("Walk these Streets", "Guerilla Pimpin'"), he has laid back, west coast flavored tracks that fit into the famous west coast mold ("Weed Song", "PYT," "In The Mid-Nite Hour,") and he has more reflective tracks about dealing with real shit ("I Need A Light," "Get You Down,") etc. 

This isn't to mention a good array of guests from Snoop, Ice Cube, B-Real, Mike Jones, Nate Dogg, Bishop Lamonte, etc.

I can understand people having a problem with this record... it sounds like Warren's a little caught between styles here... there are times when it seems like Snoop is rubbing off on him... other times where he's trying to put out that laid back shit that he used to... and still other times where's he's trying to go the route of Dr. Dre...

There's so many different styles here that you're either going to love it or hate it... that I understand... he doesn't really stick to any formula like he has in the past...  and yes, there are a handful too many love songs on here... but as long as the production's nice I don't mind.

It's not a classic... but shit... I'd still give it 4 out of 5... better than Mack 10, Kurupt, and right on par with DJ Quik.

I just bought the cd today, by the way. 

word up.this cd is worth your money.y'all niggaz saying this is wack got to listen to it again.top warren for me
I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain

BWNY

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2005, 10:17:12 AM »
you know what....the album is not that good.....i give it an 6 out of 10(below average)...not really feeling him right now...i think this album has more of a pop feel to it....i dont like wheels keep spinning, i like dat there, fuck that the whole shit is garbage...the whole cd is rnb and thats the truth...hope warren g sell a shit load of units....cuz the fool sold out...and for anybody that doesnt see that is just riding his dick...put it to you like this, if we were to change ja rule for warren g....you get the point....same formula as 213 the hard way...and that cd was a dissapointment...damn homie...are my expectations just too high??????

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2005, 10:30:36 AM »
i give it a 3.5/5

J Bananas

« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2005, 10:58:15 AM »
someone hook it up :) i wanna hear it

BWNY

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2005, 11:07:15 AM »
i just though of something...you know what hip hop needs???? different classification...just like rock.....see rock has heavy metal(gangsta shit or it could be east coast lyrist sht) punk, and so on...(not really a rock fan)but that way fans know what they are getting...just saying that he is from the west just isn't enough...ja rule can be considered as a rock ballad singer....see this way we can know whats up....what ever happen to the cd reviews that they were going to post here at dub.....???here is my application...http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=88468.0

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2005, 04:30:07 PM »
I hope Warren or his lawyers read this. Maybe they'll stop and realize they just lost a whole shitload of sales because now the people who haven't heard it have to rely on people who have but may or may not have the same taste in music. I'm not even gonna download it from mIRC to preview it. Warren doesn't deserve my money.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2005, 09:08:32 PM »
I hope Warren or his lawyers read this. Maybe they'll stop and realize they just lost a whole shitload of sales because now the people who haven't heard it have to rely on people who have but may or may not have the same taste in music. I'm not even gonna download it from mIRC to preview it. Warren doesn't deserve my money.

That's fuck'd up....as I said in another topic, artists and companies would never understand or believe that bootlegging could help them in any ways, and the only reason that I know it can help it in a FEW small ways is because I use the internet. Nobody wants their shot bootlegged, it never sounds like a good thing, and nobody would EVER say "yeah dubcc, let people download my shit for free so that 10,000 people can get it free". So don't knock him for that, I'd be the same way if I didn't know how the internet worked at that level

coola

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2005, 03:51:30 AM »

That's fuck'd up....as I said in another topic, artists and companies would never understand or believe that bootlegging could help them in any ways, and the only reason that I know it can help it in a FEW small ways is because I use the internet. Nobody wants their shot bootlegged, it never sounds like a good thing, and nobody would EVER say "yeah dubcc, let people download my shit for free so that 10,000 people can get it free". So don't knock him for that, I'd be the same way if I didn't know how the internet worked at that level

yeah when it comes down to it boot-leggin is fucked... us die-hard fans will buy shit if we like it, but theres people out there that no matter how much they like a cd, they wont buy it coz they dont see the point.

Bigg $amo

« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2005, 01:51:02 PM »
woooah! i cant believe ya'll hate in the mid-night hour!!

the only better cd to come out the west this year is trauma by quik

ya'll haters probably dont like the cd cuz you only like bangers and catchy shit and can't listen to some laid-back smooth funky shit or whatever...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2005, 12:20:16 AM »

I understand Warren telling Seer to not let anyone share his album, but he was threatening legal action on the website, not the people who were actually doing it. Sly Boogy told DubCC not to let anyone bootleg his album, and although I didn't really like that, I still bought the album. He didn't need to bring lawyers into it, just the trust that his album wouldn't be bootlegged. I completely understand most artists don't want their music out there for the taking. The guy I work with is exactly like that, so when I get copies of his work, I don't give it to people unless I get his okay. It's just the fact that Warren had to get all bitch about the situation.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2005, 05:01:02 AM »
I liked it...

Don Seer

« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2005, 02:27:33 PM »

I understand Warren telling Seer to not let anyone share his album, but he was threatening legal action on the website, not the people who were actually doing it. Sly Boogy told DubCC not to let anyone bootleg his album, and although I didn't really like that, I still bought the album. He didn't need to bring lawyers into it, just the trust that his album wouldn't be bootlegged. I completely understand most artists don't want their music out there for the taking. The guy I work with is exactly like that, so when I get copies of his work, I don't give it to people unless I get his okay. It's just the fact that Warren had to get all bitch about the situation.

and how about daz.. posting asking how much we liked it/if we gonna buy knowing that it was leaked.. now thats good ;)