Author Topic: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...  (Read 2014 times)

herpes

Re: i realised why warren g didnt want people to boot-leg his cd...
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2005, 03:10:12 PM »
Can't stop supporting the nigga that gave me 4 classics (yes, sgv, classics) in a row.

So 4 Warren G albums are as good as Straight Outta Compton? Fear Of A Black Planet? Death Certificate? The Adventures Of Slick Rick? LOL. Get off his dick with that old shit.

Biggie WAS a legend because of the IMPACT one album made. Warren G didn't make an impact. West Coast Hip Hop would've been the same with or without a Warren G album.

Regulate > Return of the regulator > Death Certificate > Adventures of Slick Rick > I want it all > Take a look over your shoulder > Fear of a black planet > Straight Outta Compton.

Can't you accept that everybody's got their own opinions and tastes and that yours is not the only official or valid one? Man, grow up.

Oh, and BTW, Biggie was wack and there's three reasons he's considered a big name rapper: 1, he's dead; 2, Puffy's productions; and 3, he's dead. Eastcoast rap would have been the fucking same without Biggie. Maybe even better.

your a fuckin moror, east coast would not of been the same.  B/C the man ressurected the east coast commercial scene.  ON his first album puffy had very little to do with the production.  He was the executive producer, he wasnt putting in much work track by track.  secondly, b4 big died he was much bigger then puffy, and thats the truth.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2005, 10:51:50 PM »
I hope Warren or his lawyers read this. Maybe they'll stop and realize they just lost a whole shitload of sales because now the people who haven't heard it have to rely on people who have but may or may not have the same taste in music. I'm not even gonna download it from mIRC to preview it. Warren doesn't deserve my money.

That's fuck'd up....as I said in another topic, artists and companies would never understand or believe that bootlegging could help them in any ways, and the only reason that I know it can help it in a FEW small ways is because I use the internet. Nobody wants their shot bootlegged, it never sounds like a good thing, and nobody would EVER say "yeah dubcc, let people download my shit for free so that 10,000 people can get it free". So don't knock him for that, I'd be the same way if I didn't know how the internet worked at that level

I understand Warren telling Seer to not let anyone share his album, but he was threatening legal action on the website, not the people who were actually doing it. Sly Boogy told DubCC not to let anyone bootleg his album, and although I didn't really like that, I still bought the album. He didn't need to bring lawyers into it, just the trust that his album wouldn't be bootlegged. I completely understand most artists don't want their music out there for the taking. The guy I work with is exactly like that, so when I get copies of his work, I don't give it to people unless I get his okay. It's just the fact that Warren had to get all bitch about the situation.

and how about daz.. posting asking how much we liked it/if we gonna buy knowing that it was leaked.. now thats good ;)

That was pretty cool. Needless to say, I'm gonna but the DPG CD when I get paid.

coola

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2005, 06:53:50 AM »
I'm gonna but the DPG CD when I get paid.

you disgust me, really...

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2005, 06:55:26 AM »
Why?

coola

« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2005, 04:19:32 PM »
Why?

i was just foolin around coz of ure typo..

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2005, 05:00:39 PM »
someone will now diss you because of the spelling mistake you did!  :D
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2005, 09:58:06 PM »
Why?

i was just foolin around coz of ure typo..

Damn didn't even notice. But that was pretty funny...seriously.  ;D

topshotta

« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2005, 10:21:28 PM »
I gotta post a comment on this one too, cuz:

Whatdafakk ya talkin 'bout? This is the real Return Of The Regulator, bomb azz shit!! A very good album.
Much better than his last 2 efforts! Warren G is finally back in shape and none of ya recognize it!
Laid Back G-Funk at it's best! This is a 4/5 to me.

Im standing by that this new Warren G-album and Quik's "Trauma" are the 2 best releases out the Westcoast this year!

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2005, 10:48:54 PM »
Album is aiight...im gonna cop the album and listen to it few more times to see if i'll like it better or not...and for those of ya thats complaining about how boring or rnb this album sounds...i mean what ya expect from a warren G album? he's always been making laid back, chill music...before i even heard of this album, i knew exactly what to expect from it...

sought_after

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2006, 10:38:43 PM »
well...jackass, he didn't want it bootlegged to make money and he's donating to the katrina relief fund. shit like that flies over the head of small minds like yours.

coola

« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2006, 10:46:15 PM »
well...jackass, he didn't want it bootlegged to make money and he's donating to the katrina relief fund. shit like that flies over the head of small minds like yours.

wasn't the cd released before hurrican katrina ?

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2006, 01:10:31 AM »

Basicaly Hip-hop in 06' suck's....
we are settling for what we get now!!!

I mean the South runnin' shit..... :-\
lol....what a joke hip-hop is when those word's are spoken...

Hatesrats 06'

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2006, 01:22:26 AM »
you panty-sniffers bitch about east and south LAUGHING at west and then you wont even support the legends
Who gives a fuck if a certain hip hop artist is a legend or not,what matters is the quality of the album recently released.Im not gonna buy this CD just cause Warren made Regulate in 94 or whatever.

That is tha realest shit I've seen in a while on this board, yeah it's cool 2 support who u love in tha rap game, but if it's a bullshit album/song don't lie 2 urself and say it's good.  I love tha Three 6 Mafia but even I gotta admit they shit don't be on point like it used 2 be.  Why, just like most artist tryna do tha commercial/trendy thing to do, tha substance suffers.  Rap music has a base, Murder/Party/Ghetto Poetry/Sex (Female) songs, club/crunk music isn't one of them.  Niether is love or anything else that rappers usually don't rap about.  See Warren G was never really a rapper, lissen 2 tha regulate album and u'll c, he was more of a Producer who's time faded away in 96'/97', just like a couple others in tha game.  Warren G can't drop shit bcuz of hiz name bcuz noone gives a fuck about him, why u think he went this route.  I haven't heard 1 song off tha album and can tell it's complete trash or sub-par.  The West coast is dead when it comes 2 mainstream rappers and gettin' alot of support, why bcuz all u hear is Crips/Bloods/64's/Cali-Chronic.  Lil' E's song "Gangsta Shit" is a pure example.  Don't noone wanna hear that shit.  NY can't fade away like tha West bcuz there's more substance in music even though a lot of it is punchlines on an underground level.  Tha south is goin 2 fade in about 2-5 years, MW will be on a comeup soon.  But back to tha topic.  Warren G is over, his appeal DIED years ago, same wit' DJ Quik.  I respect 'em both musically, but u gotta admit their time is over.  Quik didn't drop a single (really) bcuz u loose money over promo, especially being a Westcoast artist u need all tha money u can get.
THATS SOME STUPID SHIT,HOW THE FUCC YOU GONNA SAY HIP HOP WASN'T BASED OFF FUCC'N CLUB MUSIC, THATS HOW THIS FUCC'N MUSIC STARTED,GET THE FUCC OUTTA HERE WITH THAT GARBAGE CUZZ,AND WHAT YOU SAYING YOU CAN'T SPEAK ABOUT LOVE IF YOU ARE A RAPPER? YOU KNOW HOW FUCC'N STUPID YOU SOUND, NOW I DIDN'T THINK warrens album was good,but for them reasons you gave thats stupid,only thing you was really right about is the west coast does need to cover more then the typical,and if we don't do it,stop crying and saying muthafuccas ain't paying us no attention. cause yall know if a white muthafucca gets into the music and west coast culture,say he wears the white t chuccs and khaks,muthafuccas gonna say he ain't real,or if he gets a 64 with some switches muthafuccas gonna clown him and say he ain't a gangsta, but what he/she can do is get crunk in a club,wear jerseys (alot of them have the money to do it),buy expensive suv's,buy the prada and the furs,etc.basically making what they do easier to grasp,cause they can do those things,START THINKING MUTHAFUCCAS www.panhandoelr.com worldwide whats good sgv and did you get that shirt yell
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 01:30:56 AM by BOX5 »
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2006, 01:32:23 AM »
and yo haterats bruiser brody was the shit my equal yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp