Author Topic: Dipset Release Dates / The Heatmakerz - Crack Music [Interview]  (Read 202 times)

UAK

Dipset Release Dates / The Heatmakerz - Crack Music [Interview]
« on: October 09, 2005, 06:34:02 PM »

Juelz Santana - What The Games Been Missing - November 22nd 2005

Cam'ron - Killa Season - February 14th 2006

The Heatmakerz - Crack Music [Interview]

http://www.nobodysmiling.com/hiphop/interview/85192.php

full interview^

Nobodysmiling.com : A lot of people first came in contact with your music from your work on the Diplomatic Immunity album, as well as the Cam’ron, Juelz, and Jim Jones solo projects. What’s your relationship with Dip Set like nowadays?

Rsonist : Those’ll always be my niggas, man. The only thing is now, you know, obviously because of them and what they did for us, it’s getting more hectic, you know what I mean? We’re branching out and fucking with a lot of other people, but we still always find time to get to Dip Set because that’s priority, because they put us on. Anything they need we make sure we get back to them, take care of them first, then we branch out and do whatever we gotta do. Like right now on Juelz’s new album we did four tracks. I think with the first album, a lot of people might’ve thought that – I don’t know, I really don’t think a lot of people got the first album. They probably thought it was an overkill for us, like they think we probably did too many tracks. But I think as Juelz gets bigger, people are gonna go back and appreciate that album more.

Nobodysmiling.com : Have you ever encountered people who listen to your newer beats and say, “Oh, that sounds like a Cam record,” or “That sounds like a Dip Set beat.” You know, trying to pigeonhole you?

Rsonist : Yeah, they’ve been doing that, man. To me, that’s what so crazy about it. Nobody’ll take a Dre beat and go, “Oh, that sounds like a Snoop beat,” you know what I mean? What it is, is that people respect Dre as a producer. I think a lot of people to this day haven’t given us our due respect as producers yet. I’m not saying like I’m mad at it ‘cause I’m not; I know it takes some years to earn that respect like Primo and producers like that. But what a lot of people started doing was they started hearing our records and being like, “Yo’ that sounds like a Cam’ron record, I need something different,” or “That sounds like a Juelz record,” you know what I’m saying? To me, I can’t respect that because it’s not like we’re talking about dudes who didn’t go gold on their first album. We produced a gold album pretty much for self, you know what I’m saying? People don’t see our side of it; they say “Oh, it sounds like this...” I mean, if it’s a good record to me, it’s a good record regardless of what it sounds like. Every good producer has his or her signature sound. Dre got his signature sound, Primo definitely got his signature sound, I think we got our signature sound, RZA got his signature sound, and to me that’s just the mark of a good producer.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 06:41:13 PM by VietCong »

West Coast Veteran

Re: Dipset Release Dates / The Heatmakerz - Crack Music [Interview]
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 07:55:38 PM »
Killa Season is looking to be a good album judging by the songs on the movie trailer.

http://dipsetmixtapes.com/media/video/killaSeason.wmv

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 08:46:44 PM »
^
which lable is cam'ron releasing his solo on?...

boycriedwolf619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 09:13:26 PM »
man i hope everything follows thorugh with those release dates cuz they stay pushing back album release dates.

UAK

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 10:33:53 PM »
^
which lable is cam'ron releasing his solo on?...

Asylum/Warner Music Group

Along with fellow Harlem-based player Cam'ron, Jim Jones founded the Diplomat label, home to the Diplomats/Dipset and many of that crew's prolific solo activities. Though more of a businessman and behind-the-scenes figure than an MC (he was also named a director of A&R at Warner Music Group in early 2005).

:)

After months of speculation, it's official: Harlem's Cam'ron has parted ways with Roc-A-Fella/Island Def Jam for Asylum/Warner Music Group.

The deal makes Cam’ron the first non-southern act signed to Asylum.

"Cam's going drop his album as well as release other records through his Diplomat Records label," a source that wished to remain anonymous told AllHipHop.com.

The move to Asylum could help Warner Music, a privately held entity, reach their goal of raising $750 million in an upcoming Initial Public Offering (IPO) of company stock.

In addition to Mike Jones moving over 180,000 copies of his debut Who Is Mike Jones, Warner also recently acquired of piece of Sean "P. Diddy" Combs' Bad Boy Entertainment for $30 million.

Cam’s previous home, Roc-A-Fella Records, was sold to Universal in December of 2004 for almost $10 million dollars.

Certain artists like Kanye West and The Young Gunz remained on Roc-A-Fella, which is being guided by Jay-Z, who also serves as President of Island Def Jam. Others, such as Beanie Sigel and Noreaga were assigned to Damon Dash's Damon Dash Music Group.

Sources stated that Cam’ron, platinum selling artist, was unhappy with the promotion of his album Purple Haze and was fielding offers shortly after the sale of Roc-A-Fella.

No release date has been issued for Cam'ron's upcoming untitled Asylum debut.

In related news, Dip Set member Jim Jones landed a job as A&R at Warner Music, where he will spot new talent for the label.

Jones also recently teamed with The Violator All-Star DJ’s, founded by Violator mogul Chris Lighty and DJ Scrap Dirty, to market and promote his latest Dip Set ventures.

“Scrap Dirty and I have been politicking back and forth on what the next moves we are going to make on the streets,” Jones said. “The Violator All Star DJ Coalition has a strong presence in the radio and urban market place nationwide. All the artists whose music they embraced has spread like the plague and with me being deep rooted in the streets; this will be a very beneficial partnership and avenue for me and my music, and product.”

Scrap Dirty said the relationship would help strengthen the Diplomat brand.

“This can only help Jim Jones and take him to the next level, reaching people in the clubs, on the streets, and reaching the masses," Scrap Dirty said.

Jim Jones’ new album Harlem - Diary of Summer hits stores this summer on Koch.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=4341