Author Topic: You happy Warren G? I BOUGHT YOUR ALBUM!!!!  (Read 1647 times)

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: You happy Warren G? I BOUGHT YOUR ALBUM!!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 05:20:10 AM »
ill buy it when i see it in the store
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

So Much Style

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 05:22:53 AM »
im so dissapointed in this shit that i didnt even waste a cd-r  :'(
So much style back at it again

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 07:13:29 AM »
no im not buying it either....everything from the cover to the music seems helf-hearted to me

peace

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2005, 08:58:31 AM »
i didnt buy it....  ;D

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2005, 10:51:15 AM »
Damn....when it first dropped, everybody was lovin it, but now all I am seein is negative comments. I like the album overall, and I don't even see how people are sayin it's WACK....shit let me break it down track by track to see how y'all will respond to what I say about each one...

1. Intro - Just a intro, coulda been left off but doesn't take away from it
2. We need each other - Nice laid back beat, doesn't sound like G-Funk but sounds like somethin to lounge to, and him and Bishop exchange flows and show chemistry. I can see some people not likin it but not hatin it
3. Make it do what it do - Commercial track, I can feel it but if people don't like it I might see why. Some of his lines are corny but it's a coo track to me
4. In case some shit go down - I like it, and I usually don't like Mike Jones too much but him n Frank came right, along with Warren. Sounds like Warren's style but he flipped it to where south rappers could ride to it.
5. I need a light - Nate kills it, and the melody and vibe is reaaal nice, only thing that I would knock is the drums sound real bare and empty but it still works
6. Get you down - Single, talked about some real shit and was a positive song, which is somethin we don't hear.
7. Chronic Break - Nothin special, coulda been left off but it's whatev
8. Weed song - Nice beat, and DEFINITELY sounds like somethin that coulda been on "Return of the regulator". Frank had a nice ass flow on it, and the hook is nice, it's just too short.
9. Wheels keep spinning - The hook is pretty annoyin to me, but the beat sounds like another one that woulda been on the last album and it's coo.
10. PYT - I thought everybody would love this track, and talk about how they wish songs like this coulda been on 213 and would then start sayin how they wish Warren produced 213's album. Nothin bad about the track at all to me. Beat's sorta empty but they all work it right.
11. Walk these streets - I don't see how people hate on it. It sounds like Warren, but has a pretty strong Dre influence on it, and Raphael on the hook? No way I could knock it, good track
12. Guerilla Pimpin - I have always liked this track...another track that Warren sounds Dre influenced. Warren has NEVER flown like this, and it goes perfect with the beat and he sounds vicious. People even ask "who is that rappin?" and Bishop held it down too. I can't see how people hate on it, other than the fact he's talkin bout pimpin.
13. Turn it up loud - Sample is alright, and it isn't a very strong track but it's decent at least and I can play it.
14. Midnight hour - Nate is singin like a old dude, and the beat is hot. Sounds commercial, but still sounds Warren and I would think people like it. Has a coo lil concept to it and sounds like somethin u jus want 2 ride to.
15. I like dat dere - Slow track, sounds like it's tryin to hit radio and it could have some appeal. It's not a very strong track, but definitely isn't wack.
16. Yessir - Sounds very commercial, but in this case it works and is a hot song to me. Snoop came off right on it, and it sounds like somethin that radio and clubs would like. So if people don't like it, they could at least respect what he's doin with that. He's also provin that he can drop a modern soundin beat that's as good as everything else out.
17. Ahh - Real nice laid back track. Doesn't sound G-Funk but has that soulful influence, and speaks about real shit....I can't see the hate, even if it's not a standout track.
18. All I ask of you - The only track on here I don't like. Sounds sorta like "The art of war" and it just ain't hot to me but it ain't garbage either. Bishop sounds alright on it though.

So with that....how can y'all really knock it this much and say it's wack? I can see if you just ain't feelin it a whole lot or thinkin it's great, but wack?!???? Nah, I can't agree at all.

And also....to everybody out there who was mad that Warren didn't produce anything on 213....do you think that album woulda been better if they had used the beats from this album, or how do you feel about that period?

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2005, 11:05:20 AM »
That was a great review r-tistic. I agreed with most of it and it was on point. I could understand people feeling this album, but it is really nice to me; especailly at midnight. Some people should try it and it might change the way how they feel on this album. Great way of shutting down those haters r-tistic; it was way too funny see people do a complete 180 calling this cd wack and dissing warren g.

IMO warren g should not care about the bootlegging, but it is still going to happen one way or another. Plus even with bootlegging a cd would truly sell if it had the right promotion. Despite that thought, dissing him and calling cd because he going after bootleggers.  ::)
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2005, 11:32:13 AM »
That's real....and for one, no artist wants their shit to be bootlegged, and they will NEVER believe that bootleggin their album will help them promote it in any ways, even though it does in ways that they wouldn't know. Most of em don't use the internet a lot, and they don't know that there are many people who only hear about albums when they see them up for download. That's the only reason I know bootleggers and other people in damm Florida who even knew that Warren and Quik had new CDs. But Warren was NOT shittin on the community at all...shit, he had even signed up for an account on here and posted a few times until dickriders and groupies chased him away! So I think he is bein unfairly hated on in this situation.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2005, 01:24:09 PM »
That's real....and for one, no artist wants their shit to be bootlegged, and they will NEVER believe that bootleggin their album will help them promote it in any ways, even though it does in ways that they wouldn't know. Most of em don't use the internet a lot, and they don't know that there are many people who only hear about albums when they see them up for download. That's the only reason I know bootleggers and other people in damm Florida who even knew that Warren and Quik had new CDs. But Warren was NOT shittin on the community at all...shit, he had even signed up for an account on here and posted a few times until dickriders and groupies chased him away! So I think he is bein unfairly hated on in this situation.

hey wtf? im still here  >:(

Okka

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005, 02:08:05 PM »
ill buy it when i see it in the store

And if i have $

lbc213

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005, 02:32:04 PM »

Props, co sign

late night

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2005, 02:57:14 PM »

Props, co sign

yeah completly tru....i didnt even know his shit was gonna drop til i saw the bootleg....

rik

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2005, 05:28:01 PM »
Fuck That!! I don't support artist that dont let me bootleg thier shit!!!!!!!!!!

dray

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2005, 08:51:28 PM »
i might check it out.

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2005, 08:55:43 PM »
I bought it... and I'll never understand how anyone can say it's wack... to me, that shit makes no sense... it's not classic, but the more I listen to it... the more I find this record damn good.

The hardcore fans will buy it...  and really... the percentage of people on this board that account for real album sales is so low that even if everyone on here didn't buy it... the impact on sales would be minimal.

DJ Quik sold 23,000 first week right?  Everyone on the board seemed to love it and only 23,000 sold?  So how much did this board or any other board impact sales?  Not a damn bit.  True, spreading the good feedback is great, but it's still the mass public buying the shit; not necessarily the hardcore fans on message boards.

Unless this board is comprised of 23,000 users all who purchased DJ Quik this board contributes practically nothing.  Most of the people who bought it probably just heard his song in Cali and they liked the shit since they play it out there a lot... maybe the went online and caught snippets or something else.

Cali is the only region in the U.S. buying west coast music.  It has absolutely no cross over appeal and the hard core west coast fans that follow the artists daily don't even support the music.  West has got the most unloyal fans in the industry.  Everybody on the east that was hot 10 years ago is still selling records today... look at the south, they're all over the place collaborating and selling big records left and right.

In the west, the artists that sold 10 years ago have died out... and worse yet... no new artists have surfaced over that time that has made an impact... a true impace on west coast music... game sold records, but he didn't ressurrect the west coast.

This is why the west will always be last in hip hop... west coast fans just can't accept that the prime of the west is gone... and unless you get the mass marketing of snoop and dre... you're never going to have a hit...  West coast didn't fall off because of Pac dying or because of bad music... they fell off because fans no longer support anything that doesn't sound like it was ripped out of 95...

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2005, 10:04:36 PM »
Certified Flop !!!!

I'm a Warren G fan but this album will flop easily coz he did a DJ Quik and hadf no promotion but he's complaining about tha bootlegging of tha album  ???

All this West Coast ain't getting no love and now they have a chance to get their shine on all they do is release albums witt little promotion and expect it to sell.