Author Topic: You happy Warren G? I BOUGHT YOUR ALBUM!!!!  (Read 1659 times)

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: You happy Warren G? I BOUGHT YOUR ALBUM!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2005, 08:34:44 AM »
I bought G Funk Era. As far as I'm concerned, I have all the Warren G I need.

Trauma-san

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2005, 09:04:33 AM »
He actually got a little bit of promotion... I noticed in the paper the other day, all the flyers from the stores had it listed with a picture as a new album.  Like Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, etc. all had a picture with the title and said "New Music" or whatever and the price.  Surely that's promotion. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2005, 09:45:03 AM »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

coola

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2005, 05:01:39 AM »
does anyone know how much warren sold ?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2005, 10:44:01 AM »

probably will be close to nothing
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2005, 06:51:47 PM »
MAJOR LETDOWN, except for a couple beats most of the beat are weak

damn warren, you let me down

daggo

• 'G'
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2005, 09:35:09 AM »
Damn....when it first dropped, everybody was lovin it, but now all I am seein is negative comments. I like the album overall, and I don't even see how people are sayin it's WACK....shit let me break it down track by track to see how y'all will respond to what I say about each one...

1. Intro - Just a intro, coulda been left off but doesn't take away from it
2. We need each other - Nice laid back beat, doesn't sound like G-Funk but sounds like somethin to lounge to, and him and Bishop exchange flows and show chemistry. I can see some people not likin it but not hatin it
3. Make it do what it do - Commercial track, I can feel it but if people don't like it I might see why. Some of his lines are corny but it's a coo track to me
4. In case some shit go down - I like it, and I usually don't like Mike Jones too much but him n Frank came right, along with Warren. Sounds like Warren's style but he flipped it to where south rappers could ride to it.
5. I need a light - Nate kills it, and the melody and vibe is reaaal nice, only thing that I would knock is the drums sound real bare and empty but it still works
6. Get you down - Single, talked about some real shit and was a positive song, which is somethin we don't hear.
7. Chronic Break - Nothin special, coulda been left off but it's whatev
8. Weed song - Nice beat, and DEFINITELY sounds like somethin that coulda been on "Return of the regulator". Frank had a nice ass flow on it, and the hook is nice, it's just too short.
9. Wheels keep spinning - The hook is pretty annoyin to me, but the beat sounds like another one that woulda been on the last album and it's coo.
10. PYT - I thought everybody would love this track, and talk about how they wish songs like this coulda been on 213 and would then start sayin how they wish Warren produced 213's album. Nothin bad about the track at all to me. Beat's sorta empty but they all work it right.
11. Walk these streets - I don't see how people hate on it. It sounds like Warren, but has a pretty strong Dre influence on it, and Raphael on the hook? No way I could knock it, good track
12. Guerilla Pimpin - I have always liked this track...another track that Warren sounds Dre influenced. Warren has NEVER flown like this, and it goes perfect with the beat and he sounds vicious. People even ask "who is that rappin?" and Bishop held it down too. I can't see how people hate on it, other than the fact he's talkin bout pimpin.
13. Turn it up loud - Sample is alright, and it isn't a very strong track but it's decent at least and I can play it.
14. Midnight hour - Nate is singin like a old dude, and the beat is hot. Sounds commercial, but still sounds Warren and I would think people like it. Has a coo lil concept to it and sounds like somethin u jus want 2 ride to.
15. I like dat dere - Slow track, sounds like it's tryin to hit radio and it could have some appeal. It's not a very strong track, but definitely isn't wack.
16. Yessir - Sounds very commercial, but in this case it works and is a hot song to me. Snoop came off right on it, and it sounds like somethin that radio and clubs would like. So if people don't like it, they could at least respect what he's doin with that. He's also provin that he can drop a modern soundin beat that's as good as everything else out.
17. Ahh - Real nice laid back track. Doesn't sound G-Funk but has that soulful influence, and speaks about real shit....I can't see the hate, even if it's not a standout track.
18. All I ask of you - The only track on here I don't like. Sounds sorta like "The art of war" and it just ain't hot to me but it ain't garbage either. Bishop sounds alright on it though.

So with that....how can y'all really knock it this much and say it's wack? I can see if you just ain't feelin it a whole lot or thinkin it's great, but wack?!???? Nah, I can't agree at all.

And also....to everybody out there who was mad that Warren didn't produce anything on 213....do you think that album woulda been better if they had used the beats from this album, or how do you feel about that period?

i'm feeling what u wrote man and i love the album, warren didn't disappoint me and i've order the cd a few days ago from now...

DaMn0

• Lil Geezy
  • Unbeatable Team
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2005, 10:24:12 AM »
the album is ok

i like the track Mid-Night hour...

btw

dogg thats the shit iam takin about :))))

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2005, 11:43:09 AM »
I'd like to see Warren use "Guerilla Pimpin" as a single after "In Case Some Shit Go Down"... 8)

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2005, 12:18:42 PM »
Nice to see Warren representing the MPC 60 still on the back cover.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2005, 12:29:15 PM »
I dunno where y'all are buying the album, but at Best Buy it was $10.  And it's not the wackest album to drop as some of the people in this post have been saying....it's a pretty decent album.  Only complaint I have is that it's more of a compilation/Bishop Lamont album than a Warren G album.

bez

« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2005, 01:21:38 PM »

6 sold...

...4 of em bootlegs!

acbaylove

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »
The album is very good, imo. It's not his best one, but i'll take Warren's worse album over 90% of the best albums of todays rappers anyway. I thank Warren for the effort and the time he dedicated to this project, i've bought me a copy of it, and i just hope he'll continue making albums till he'll be '80. This dude got skills.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2005, 04:30:53 PM »
anyone who thinks this album is good needs to got off warren's nuts

I actaully had to listen to "Conversation" right after the album so I could remind myself why I liked warren g in the first place

looking through the booklet it looks like warren took all the pics on a digi cam and used photo shop to make the pages

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2005, 04:57:38 PM »
People need to stop hating on this... this shit is good... it's probably his worst record, but still dope... still better than 99.9% of the hip-pop garbage that's flooding the industry on a weekly basis.

And people here are actually seeming to judge the shit based on the booklet or cover?

Go cop some independent records... independent records are low budget in terms of the presentation value.

True that you get some independent labels that occasionally put together nice looking (visually) projects... such as TVT or Koch... other than that, independent records are straight up cheap... that's why artists go independent... they put no money into the shit and make a lot of money back.

Look at how wack Quik's cover was?  I'm a huge Quik fan... I like Quik just as much as a I like Warren... but Quik's cover?  Come on... Warren's sucks... but Quik's just looks flat out dumb.

Aside from that... go cop Quik and Warren... two dope records... Quik is more up tempo, Warren more laid back... Warren's got a bit more variety I feel... Every track on Quik sounds like it's a tailor made radio smash (still amazed at how with all these potential huge hits, he wouldn't put out an official single).

Same with Warren I guess... he was supposed to be putting out two official singles... Get You Down II and Incase Some Shit Go Down... haven't heard anything about either one yet...

and weren't they gonna film Get You Down about a month ago with Warren, Snoop, Cube, and B-Real all rappin' in different parts of Cali?  That could be tight... and if he does do a vid with Mike Jones, he's got two real potential hits on his hand... but he gotta promote it