Author Topic: "The Game" is a fake, a fugazzi and sets the west coast back 10 years.  (Read 1604 times)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: "The Game" is a fake, a fugazzi and sets the west coast back 10 years.
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2005, 09:54:29 AM »

We recognize the only problem is promotion and marketing.  Along comes Game with the marketing a west coast artists finally deserves, and what does he do? He doesnt make west coast music, doesnt offer any innovation.

So either your saying Dre didn't do 5 tracks and Nate dogg didn't appear on 2 tracks or that Dre& Nate arn't from Cali.
If your from the west and you putting out rap, technically it's west coast rap isn't it? He dosen't "sound" west coast. Who gives a fuck? He's making good music (i know that's debateble, but C'mon).
I'll give u that whole argument about innovation, but wait for his next album.

f0n|{sta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • U Cant Fuck With The One Man Band ^^

--- G-Funk...all day everyday ---

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 10:12:36 AM »
lol @ this thread. west coast fans huh?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ABN

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 10:19:26 AM »
. Like how he was in the bay with 1 tattoo, not reppin no blood set, and didn't have the image he has now, nothing like that. A few months later, the guy has like 20 tats, has this super gang banger image,
funny coz from the videos of him bein in the bay and recording his shit with JT & Sean he had more then 1 tat and he had the CBP tat on his neck aswell. those videos was posted on here and if you look for them you´l find them. as far as his music i can´t complain, his album was a solid 4/5 album and he´s improved a lot since then by stepping up his pen game and his flow. like it or not he´s the only person who´s really doin shit on the west coast and tryin to put artists on at the moment(Glasses,Tech,East,Life etc)and he´s the only west coast artist who grinds hard enough to deserve any success. Crooked I and the rest of them doesn´t put in half of the work that Game and his team puts in as far as makin moves all over the country to get on mixtapes and doin shows etc. and he doesn´t make west coast music? if Game doesn´t do west coast music then SOC and Eazy Duz It wasn´t west coast albums neither coz they had a NY sound to them ::)

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2005, 10:34:21 AM »
i'm going to let this slide since tech is in the smae possision as most of these white boys from liverpool....

if you don't live in LA you'd think it was like the "nothin but a g thang video" "menace II society"  and "training day"

if you ask me games album is very accuarte to the west coast life style nowadays....it ain't 1991 n e more

lol damn that's kinda harsh but it's way true.  nothin against yall oversees cats and tech.  but yeah, what even game potrays is just the tip of the ice burg out here.  it's way different.

truedupbluedup

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2005, 10:37:43 AM »
Dre from Compton. And Game is real niggaz stop hatin. And he probably didnt have more westcoast artists on his cd, cuz 50 and them was probably tellin him who he could have on it, and controllin the direction of it. But Game is a real nigga, dont discount that.  8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2005, 10:38:55 AM »
How are u from Compton when u dont have one single Cali (let alone Compton) MC or producer on ya album? Barely 2 songs u could even consider west coast?
because too many West Coast rap fans worry too much about what other areas think and they think it's wrong/bad to have all West Coast producers.....  ::)  :grumpy:

SGV

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2005, 10:46:03 AM »
Yea, his style is NOT West Coast, he says it himself, as do other emcees.

"Game From Compton, Rhyme More New York Than New York Niggas" - Tru Life

As for his album, sure it doesn't sound like your typical Bouncy West Coast shit, but that's a good thing. You need a change from time to time. Imagine Game on some G-Funk... You know how corny he'd sound? His style fits darker beats. Most East Coast producers fit his style. He could work more with Khalil, Muggs and Alchemist, those are the only West Coast producers who truely fit him.

He's the only West Coast emcee outside of Snoop and Dre who is getting attention right now. But, I won't give him any credit for G.Malone, Techniec or Eastwood. G.Malone is doing this shit on his own. Game isn't getting him these deals. As for Tech and Eastwood, when he puts out AN ALBUM with them, then he gets props for putting people on. Otherwise he's just using them for promotional use only (Mixtapes).

All in all, I see where you're coming from Tech. I agree on some points and disagree on others.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2005, 11:06:18 AM »
Man it's a trip how the fame always turns sour on you. I remember before dudes album dropped, around the time the buzz started. People were talking about the new young dude Dr. Dre had signed. He was from Compton. He was paying homage to the icons that made the West Coast what it is in the world of Hip-Hop - Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eazy-E, Snoop Doggy Dogg, 2Pac, MC Ren... Talking about these guys as his icons. And they called this kid The Game.

Remember that? Everybody wanted to hear this new guy spit, wanted to hear the new talent the Good Doctor was working with.

Then, the first BIG song came out. Westside Story. A Dre beat behind it, everybody seemed happy as hell with it. This dude was going to be something big. And for a change, the next new dude making it BIG was from the West.

Album came out. People heard it, people loved it. This board here was filled with love for The Game. Dude made a dope ass album, it sold well, much respect to him. Then there was the track 200 Bars 'n Runnin - nobody could deny that dude could flow for a minute.

Then came the bullshit - beefs with this that and the other, splitting ways with G-Unit. During this bullshit Game still dropped some heaters - 300 Bars 'n Runnin, the Ghost Unit mixtape. Bullshit beefs nobody really cared for, but did produce some cool tracks.

Now look at this - The very same board that was full of fans for the guy's music hates on dude. Lots of cats are on some exposé tip - saying he's fake, he ain't all that, fuck that dude. And the record everybody seemed to love back when it came out don't seem so hot after all. It ain't West enough, it ain't this, it doesn't have that, blah blah blah...

What the fuck happened?

I still love the fuckin' redcord. I still want to hear some more fuckin' music from The Game. Why? Dude makes good music. That's what matters right now, at least to me. (But, I gotta say, if there really is truth to this Game the Stripper thing, that's a bit too much. Somethings can eat away your credibility more than other things.)

When you look at it, every-muthafuckin-body in the rap biz is fougaizie. Though some things are true - some really slang dope, some really were in gangs, some have really been shot etc. - everybody has an image associated with their artist name, and that image isn't who they really are. Dr. Dre raps about gangsta things, yet is he a gangsta? No. N.W.A. said they're Straight Outta Compton. Was that crazy muthafucka named Ice Cube from Compton? No. Is Snoop Dogg really nothin' but a fuckin' pimp? No, he's married with children. Were Peruvians really trying to do Biggie in? Probably not.

You don't have to like him, but at least be glad somebody from the West, whose name isn't Snoop Dogg or Dr. Dre  is making spins.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2005, 11:11:29 AM »
How can one possible set a coast back 10 years when the only famous MCs of those coast are either dead since 8+years or in the game for 15+ years? Ridiculous. Then, let's not forget the best of the west ain't even got decent deals. You can't set such a coast back dude, lol..
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:13:07 AM by 7even the Opinion Maker »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SlickPants

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2005, 11:26:20 AM »
game is fuckin dope, he's a hard worker, he's got a lot of charisma, and clearly has a good heart and cares a lot about his fans... i used to be so-so on him, but i've grown a lot of respect for him -- a lot of your complaints are more about label politics that game has to play rather than about the individual himself.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2005, 12:11:24 PM »
The only thing I dont like about Game is him not rapping over westcoast beats & thats a huge minus in my opinion.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2005, 12:34:01 PM »
game is fuckin dope, he's a hard worker, he's got a lot of charisma, and clearly has a good heart and cares a lot about his fans... i used to be so-so on him, but i've grown a lot of respect for him -- a lot of your complaints are more about label politics that game has to play rather than about the individual himself.

co-sign
the funny thing is, if game rapped over all west coast beats everyone would probably say 'he's not doing anything new'
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2005, 12:40:03 PM »
the funny thing is, if game rapped over all west coast beats everyone would probably say 'he's not doing anything new'
lol why do people keep on bringing up this argument???Is it just me or are the westcoast beats on his album almost everyone's favorte tracks???& are his eastcoast tracks anything new??? ::)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2005, 12:40:22 PM »
It's hard to get love in the west. Now getting love AND becoming an household name.. that's almost impossible for a new artist.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin