Author Topic: "The Game" is a fake, a fugazzi and sets the west coast back 10 years.  (Read 1608 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: "The Game" is a fake, a fugazzi and sets the west coast back 10 years.
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2005, 10:53:56 AM »
^ and to add to this....people didn't really start TALKING about xzibit in a good light until 98' when he dropped 40 dayz and 40 nightz.....xzibit was collecting lil attention and half of the attention he was collecting was hate

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2005, 05:05:10 PM »
I heard none of you niggaz talking about Xzibit when he first came out

1. this message board wasn't around back in 96'
2. probably 80-90% of the board didn't even have the internet
3. 75-80% of this board was in 4th 5th or 6th grade in 96'
4. 98.2% of this board is a bunch of white boys from england or some off beat euro country where their money is made out of tin foil
5. the only way of knowing about xzbit really back in the day is if you watched rap city EVERY day back in 96' waitin for Joe (man i miss that fool) to play paparazzi, which they only played like 2  times a week.

so basicallly in 1996 most people on this board were in Crackervania in some lunch room in europe sipping on the tea and eatin the crumpets their mommy's packed in their lunch

hahaha

I remember Xzibit's debut on King Tee's Freestyle Ghetto, what a memorable track. No one talked about Xzibit not being west coast enough, at least no one I kicked it with. I have not heard anyone say Game isn't west coast enough either, except on here.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

teecee

« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2005, 05:24:29 PM »
I may sound like a pussy on this one, but i've gotta be honest-- I hope The Game is a fake, I'd rather have him be a fake gangster than a real one anyday........what is with ya'lls fascination of how gangster someone is anyway?
  I listen to the fucking music, if i like it, fine, if not oh well.   Game's album was decent, had some seriously hot beats, IMO it definitely had a westcoast feel for the most part. 

BUt really, the major problem with the west coast is fans like King Techniec trying to say how westcoast music should sound.  DUde is from the westcoast, he is westcoast, end of story,and i have a feeling his next album will be fire...

One last thing. the westcoast hasn't been selling for the last few years cause the artists don't make marketable music.  Good music? yes.  Marketable music?  not even close!  And someone comes along like Game and ya'll hate.............some of you guys make no fucking sense

Crown

• 'G'
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2005, 08:42:16 PM »
I may sound like a pussy on this one, but i've gotta be honest-- I hope The Game is a fake, I'd rather have him be a fake gangster than a real one anyday........what is with ya'lls fascination of how gangster someone is anyway?
  I listen to the fucking music, if i like it, fine, if not oh well.   Game's album was decent, had some seriously hot beats, IMO it definitely had a westcoast feel for the most part. 

BUt really, the major problem with the west coast is fans like King Techniec trying to say how westcoast music should sound.  DUde is from the westcoast, he is westcoast, end of story,and i have a feeling his next album will be fire...

One last thing. the westcoast hasn't been selling for the last few years cause the artists don't make marketable music.  Good music? yes.  Marketable music?  not even close!  And someone comes along like Game and ya'll hate.............some of you guys make no fucking sense
:sign_werd:
WE DON'T TALK TO POLICE!

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2005, 01:29:19 AM »
dr dre choosed the wrong guy. the west has so much talent, how can u choose tha game to rep the west? thats all i have to say.-