Author Topic: Julia Louis-Dreyfus; Jerome "Jerry" Seinfeld  (Read 373 times)

UAK

Julia Louis-Dreyfus; Jerome "Jerry" Seinfeld
« on: October 15, 2005, 08:24:45 AM »
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (born January 13, 1961) is an American actress and comedian of French Jewish descent.

Born in New York City, Louis-Dreyfus was a cast member on NBC's Saturday Night Live from 1982 to 1985. She has also appeared in quite a few sitcoms and films over the years but is best known for her nine-season role as "Elaine Benes" on Seinfeld from 1990 to 1998.

After Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus began a new sitcom, Watching Ellie, which was soon cancelled. She had a notable four-episode guest role as the compulsively lying prosecutor Maggie Lizer on Arrested Development.

She is a member of the famous New York financial Dreyfus family. Her father is French billionaire Gerard Louis-Dreyfus (who changed his name to William in the 1940s); her grandfather Pierre Louis-Dreyfus fought for the French Resistance during World War II. Her cousin Robert Louis-Dreyfus is the current owner of Adidas and the French football club Olympique de Marseille. Some biographies claim she is related to the late Alfred Dreyfus, a French military officer best known for being the focus of the Dreyfus affair.

She is married to actor/writer Brad Hall since 1987, whom she met while they were students at Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. The couple has two sons.

Since May 2005 she's been a contributing blogger at The Huffington Post.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Louis-Dreyfus
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:20:36 AM by KILLA CAM FAM »

BJV

Re: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 08:45:53 AM »
uhhhhhhh

Throwback

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:29:52 AM »
elaine is dope.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2005, 07:41:01 AM »
george is getting angry

Jome

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2005, 09:12:01 AM »
Maybe the dingo ate yo baby!!

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2005, 09:17:48 AM »
these pretzels are making me thirsty

Throwback

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 09:19:08 AM »
who the soupnazi?

UAK

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 09:19:23 AM »
Jerome "Jerry" Seinfeld (born April 29, 1954 in Brooklyn, New York) is an American actor, writer and observational comedian from Massapequa, New York, a Long Island, New York town. Seinfeld attended the Birch Lane Elementary School and Massapequa High School.

Straight from graduation at Queens College, Seinfeld tried out at an open mic night at New York's Catch A Rising Star in 1976. Soon after, he was appearing in a Rodney Dangerfield HBO special.

Seinfeld had a small recurring role as "Frankie" on the Benson sitcom in 1979, but was abruptly fired from the show.

A few years later, in May of 1981, Seinfeld made a highly successful appearance on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show. Seinfeld then became a regular on similar shows, including Late Night with David Letterman and the Merv Griffin Show.

For a time in his life Seinfeld (who was raised Jewish) was a Scientologist and he still speaks highly of his time as a Scientologist. In an interview he did for Playboy Magazine in October 1993 he said, "I learned a lot and I had a good experience with it." [1]

Seinfeld

Seinfeld created The Seinfeld Chronicles with Larry David in 1989 for NBC. The show was later renamed Seinfeld and, by its fourth season, became one of the most popular and successful sitcoms on American television. The show left the air in 1998. As of 2005, the show was still receiving heavy airplay in syndication. The show also starred Saturday Night Live veteran Julia Louis-Dreyfus, as well as Michael Richards and Jason Alexander. On the show, Seinfeld played a caricature of himself.

Post-Seinfeld

In 1998, Seinfeld went on tour and recorded a comedy special entitled "I'm Telling You for the Last Time". An album of the same name was also released that year, and it featured samples of his stand-up performance.

After his sitcom went off the air, Seinfeld returned to stand-up comedy. The process of developing new material was chronicled in a 2002 documentary, Comedian, directed by Christian Charles. Jerry Seinfeld has written a few books, mostly archives of past routines.

Seinfeld also appeared in two 'webisodes'[2] promoting American Express Credit Cards in which he appeared together with an animated rendering of Superman, voiced by Patrick Warburton (who had portrayed David Puddy on Seinfeld). The webisodes were aired in 2004 and directed by famous director Barry Levinson.

Family

He was born to a Jewish family of a Syrian mother and a Hungarian father.

His most famous pre-marriage dalliance was with Shoshanna Lonstein, who was still in secondary school when they first met. He began dating Jessica Sklar after they met at the Reebok Sports Club in 1998, even though she had just married Eric Nederlander, a scion of the Broadway theater-owning family. At one point, Nederlander planned to sue Seinfeld for "alienation of affection" for contributing to the demise of his marriage. Seinfeld and Sklar married on December 25, 1999. They have three children: Sascha, Julian Cal (whose birth was announced on Live! with Regis and Kelly), and Sheperd Kellen, born August 22, 2005.

Compensation

Seinfeld received US$267 million during 1998 according to Forbes magazine ([3]). Even though the sitcom ended in May 1998, Seinfeld still generates more revenue, through syndication, than most current shows.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Seinfeld

;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 09:21:28 AM by KILLA CAM FAM »

UAK

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 09:22:32 AM »

Throwback

Re: Julia Louis-Dreyfus; Jerome "Jerry" Seinfeld
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 09:24:03 AM »
hes not a nazi. hes a little bit excentric. most geniuses are..

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 09:25:31 AM »

NO SOUP FOR YOU! Come Back After 1 Year!

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

Throwback

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 09:27:36 AM »
after my big hit. im leaving.
*leaves thread*

UAK

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2005, 09:31:46 AM »

NO SOUP FOR YOU! Come Back After 1 Year!

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

Jackie Chiles  ;D

That's the realest ^

Throwback

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2005, 09:35:30 AM »
SERENTIY NOW!

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2005, 09:46:54 AM »
"The sea was angry that day my friend, like an old man trying to send back soup at a deli." -George

"I always get the feeling that when lesbians look at me, they're thinking, 'That's why I'm not a heterosexual.'" -George

Tobacco Executive: I think Mr. Kramer projects a rugged masculinity.
Jackie Chiles: Rugged? The man's a goblin. And he's only been exposed to smoke for four days; by the time this case gets to trial he'll be nothing more than a shrunken head

Chiles: It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!

Chiles: O'Henry? That's one of our top-selling candy bars. It's got chocolate, peanuts, nougat, it's delicious, scrumptious, outstanding

Chiles: Who told you to put the cheese on? Did I tell you to put the cheese on? I didn't tell you to put the cheese on.

Chiles: You people with the cheese. It never ends. (Jerry calls, he picks up) Hello? Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. Good Samaritan Law? never heard of it. You don't have to help anybody. That's what this country's all about. That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable.