Author Topic: grotd is the best album in the last 9 yeras  (Read 924 times)

coola

Re: grotd is the best album in the last 9 yeras
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2005, 05:09:17 PM »
lol im not even gonna say because theres more than 1, and cuz it might hurt some feelings. GRODT isnt the best rap album in the last 9 years but it is above average. im gettin tired of 50 but i cant front on that album

but for the record
"Get Rich or Die Tryin" > "Trauma"

YEAH NIGGA I SAID IT!

main-stream appeal wise i agree... but trauma is hip-hop... grodt is more like thug-pop-hop...

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2005, 05:16:20 PM »
lol im not even gonna say because theres more than 1, and cuz it might hurt some feelings. GRODT isnt the best rap album in the last 9 years but it is above average. im gettin tired of 50 but i cant front on that album

but for the record
"Get Rich or Die Tryin" > "Trauma"

YEAH NIGGA I SAID IT!

main-stream appeal wise i agree... but trauma is hip-hop... grodt is more like thug-pop-hop...

yeah exactully....Your just saying GRODT is better just beacuse it was so popular and it had alot of hype around it. Not to mention it was sold a millions of albums...

BizzyR.I.P.

« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2005, 05:30:55 PM »
Don't mean to be dissing, but LMAO, Quik will NEVER put out an album better than GRODT. If you're gonna correct dude on saying GRODT is the best album in 9 years, at least do it correctly.

dead prez - Lets get free
Common - Be
Nas - The lost tapes

some shit like that.
So GRODT is way better than Quik Is the Name, Safe+Sound, and Rythm-al-ism. And I didn't correct him corectly, so Chronic 2001, AEOM, The 7 Day Theory, & Art of War aren't better than GRODT, right.

Just because you don't pass on a test, doesn't mean you answered every single question wrong.

Am I really the only one who thinks rapping skills matter? Quik is the most average rapper you've ever seen and although his productions are real smooth, that won't be enough to turn his albums into some great experience. At times, Trauma is nice, but it damn well ain't no mindblowing experience, and all Quik albums from the past have sounded corny at some point in my "premature" ears.

Just adding my 2 cents in.

It has to be said though; right now I play Trauma at least once a week. Overall it's a good record to just put on whilst you're getting in the mood for partying. Gotta give Quik that.
If rapping skills matter than GRODT sucks because 50 has one of the weakest flows I've heard not to mention he's an average lyricist at best.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2005, 03:59:31 AM »
I bet the same people hating on GRODT are big fans of Game's debut,lol,how lame.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 04:02:46 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Paul

« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2005, 05:07:49 AM »
I bet the same people hating on GRODT are big fans of Game's debut,lol,how lame.

na i hate game, and i hate grodt
funkyfreshintheflesh

W-Side

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2005, 06:55:20 AM »
Don't mean to be dissing, but LMAO, Quik will NEVER put out an album better than GRODT. If you're gonna correct dude on saying GRODT is the best album in 9 years, at least do it correctly.

dead prez - Lets get free
Common - Be
Nas - The lost tapes

some shit like that.
So GRODT is way better than Quik Is the Name, Safe+Sound, and Rythm-al-ism. And I didn't correct him corectly, so Chronic 2001, AEOM, The 7 Day Theory, & Art of War aren't better than GRODT, right.

Just because you don't pass on a test, doesn't mean you answered every single question wrong.

Am I really the only one who thinks rapping skills matter? Quik is the most average rapper you've ever seen and although his productions are real smooth, that won't be enough to turn his albums into some great experience. At times, Trauma is nice, but it damn well ain't no mindblowing experience, and all Quik albums from the past have sounded corny at some point in my "premature" ears.

Just adding my 2 cents in.

It has to be said though; right now I play Trauma at least once a week. Overall it's a good record to just put on whilst you're getting in the mood for partying. Gotta give Quik that.

DJ Quik is far from an average rapper. Average rappers cant make songs like Dollarz + Sense, 50 Wayz, Youz A Gangsta, and countless of other songs he has made. Quik is one of the most underatted rappers too. He is still one of the most clever rappers out...Also, average rappers cant produce their all of their own songs. GRODY had good beats(some were repeitive) but average lyrics.

Don't mean to be dissing, but LMAO, Quik will NEVER put out an album better than GRODT.

Cmon now...thats crazy what you just said.

Quik ain't above average as far as emceeing goes that's for sure. and of course average rappers, if they are producers, can produce all of their own songs, why should they not ? but once he features a great mc he gets left in the dust (u ain't fresh)

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2005, 08:38:04 AM »
why's this topic getting so much attention? Everybody always say "fuck 50" and "fuck gunit", but at the same time everybody keeps on giving him attention..

BJV

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2005, 08:42:42 AM »
its a good album but not the best in the last 9 years.

'EclipZe

« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2005, 09:01:14 AM »
GRODT SOLD MORE ALBUMS THAN ALL OF THOSE ALBUMS YOU GUYS ARE MENTIONING

14 = ur age?

Paul

« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2005, 11:08:39 AM »
why's this topic getting so much attention? Everybody always say "fuck 50" and "fuck gunit", but at the same time everybody keeps on giving him attention..

cause its changed from 50 cent to whether quik is a good lyricist
funkyfreshintheflesh